“Nice hotel, good breakfast ”

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Well decorated and clean hotel. Large rooms (Queen Hilton Guest Room) with sofa and desk. Good choice of breakfast. Only downside was our room was right next door to the lobby area (room 104) meaning excess noise between 8pm-11pm.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate your time. Sorry to read the room was noisy, apologies for that. We do feel we do have a great breakfast offering, lots of hot and cold choice. Pleased you could take advantage of it. As you say, the bedrooms are a good size - 30% larger than the UK average - wish our bathrooms were bigger though!

Our best to you for 2014,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I stayed in the Hilton in July and October of 2013. The reason I stayed twice was because I had two scheduled trips and when I saw online that the Hilton was on special offer, I thought to myself, "Hey, why not treat myself to some luxury and stay in one of the world-famous Hiltons!" This turned out to be a huge mistake. The first issue was that you had to pay £5 for the privilege of parking there each night - ridiculous when even the Travelodge across the road can provide free parking (FYI I heard a member of staff advising another disgruntled customer of this one morning). The entrance to the hotel gave a clue of what was to come - it was in need of a coat of paint and a good clean. My room was nothing special and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been updated since the 80s with dirty, old grouting and a rubbish bath/shower. On my first stay there was a horrible, mouldy smell in the corridors and I noticed stains under the radiator by the stairs, although this had improved by the second stay. Although the hotel is only two story I couldn't believe there was no lift and I had to lug my suitcase up the flight of stairs - top class, huh? There was masking tape on what I assume was a hole in the carpet in the bar and the outside area was again grotty and in need of a paint job everywhere you looked. £9 for a glass of Pinot Grigio in this dive was exorbitant as was the price of food - I wouldn't have minded paying if I felt the hotel was nice and classy but it was clear this hotel is living off the name Hilton and that's it. The whole place is in serious need of refurbishment. If I hadn't booked through another agent I would not have returned, I was furious and felt conned out of my money. The only positive was the night manager called Peyman, who was extremely nice to me. I am so disappointed and will not return to this hotel on subsequent trips.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your time and feedback after your recent stay with us. I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly pass your feedback onto the team, and Peyman, so that where necessary they can work harder on things for our customers in 2014.

With regards

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had a very bad experience, I would not reccomend this hotel: Rooms need to be re-furbished, Dirty, some rooms VERY noisy and if you book through central reservations & face an issue as in our case they are not at all helpful ** not reccomended **

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank John B
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thanks for your time and feedback after your visit to our hotel on NYE, glad we could accommodate your late booking. Sorry to read you didn't like the decor in the room we allocated. I will seek also to feedback that our reservations team were not very helpful for you.

Our best wishes for 2014

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Lovely hotel, good breakfast and the pool is great for de-stressing (also has an impressive gym which we did not use). However, our experince was seriously marred because we were prevented from swimming on our arrival evening as we were told at check-in that the pool closed at 10pm when in fact it closed at 8pm. We were not the only people to be similarly misinformed so do not trust any times you are told at reception! Watch out - having paid £5 to park you do need to get your ticket validated so you can leave the car park - 'helpful' staff at reception omitted to do this for us both at the time of paying and again on check-out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your feedback. Apologies for the young lady on reception mixing up the midweek and weekend opening times of our leisure club, we have spoken to her. I know the times are advertsied on the web and in the rooms, but we should make sure we advise customers correctly when they ask at the desk as well.

All the very best for 2014

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

As a family we stay here on a regular basis as my children enjoy the pool. Decided to stay New Year and paid extra for Double Deluxe rooms which were nice but absolutely no different to the family rooms we usually book so I could have saved the extra paid. That aside the staff,as usual, made the stay enjoyable. They are always friendly and attentive and nothing is too much trouble. New Year was good and yes it was noisy but that was to be expected. What wasnt to be expected was someone banging on every door at 330am! Some people just dont have any manners!

• Stayed: December 2013

Glad to read you had agreat new year with us. Sincere apologies for other people's bad manners in the wee small hours, I hope it didn't tarnish your stay with us. Glad the team performed well at such a busy time.

Our best to you for 2014.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We booked a special Christmas rate which included some free drinks at the bar and mince pies in the room.

First off, my wife and I went with a friend, two rooms between us. The check in staff were able to get us interconnecting rooms which was lovely. Reception is almost opulent, the rooms were very well appointed. The entire hotel felt like a quality establishment. The rooms had king sized beds, fairly large TVs with TV, radio, guest information etc. Bathrooms were sizable and well appointed.

We did try the swimming pool which was nice and warm, though we found it hard to locate. Reception staff were helpful giving directions there and also instructions on how to get into Birmingham city centre via train.

The bar prices were expensive but we had our free drinks, cocktails were nice and there's a good variety of beers and ciders on tap. Breakfast was very nice, everything you'd expect and hope for from a good hotel with a hot buffet, toast (with lots of jams/spreads), fruit and yoghurt. Plenty of tea and coffee though we heard some sort of disagreement between a guest who wanted a second coffee pot and a waitress.

All in all very comfy hotel, informative and friendly staff. Good facilities. If the location suits you then this is a very nice place to stay. We can't say we noticed noise from rooms next to us, or had any other problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for your kind words, the team appreciate them.
Glad to read you had a good time over Xmas with us, our best to you for 2014.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

As a family of three we regularly stay in hotels around the country and chose this hotel as a one night stay between christmas and new year. I was very disappointed with this Hotel, I find it hard to believe that it is part of the Hilton Hotel chain. Firstly it is disgusting that as a paying guest you have to pay £5 for parking. The room was large but a bit tired, the bathroom was dirty and so small it was hard to open the door.
The room was very noisy and the corridors very loud late at night, the bed was very uncomfortable.
We did use the health/swimming facilities and I was disappointed to discover that children over SIX are allowed to use jacuzzi and sauna. I am not anti children, I work with them and have one of my own but this age limit is way to low and should be raised to at least 12, mainly for health and safety reasons!!!!
The staff were all friendly and helpful but are let down by the Hotel itself!!!
Would I stay here again, NO it was a waste of £90. Come on Hilton sort it out!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sbellew

Thanks for your feedback after your recent stay with us. Apologies for the fact we do allow dogs in the hotel and supervised, children over 6 can sit with their parents in the spa. Appreciate that wasn't to your liking. We do charge for parking, it helps to cover the cost of operating such a large area.

Sorry to read you didn't like our bedroom decor, we do have mainly 2 different styles. Acknowledged we do have very large rooms, but also that our bathrooms are small.

In our hotel we do offer a variety of menus with different content at different prices, to give as much variety as possible. We were sorry to read that you felt your room rate + other items consumed that totalled £90 was not good value for money.

Appreciate your time and our best wishes for 2014.

Michael

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn
Travelodge Kidderminster
Travelodge Kidderminster
#1 of 5 in Kidderminster

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!