“Stay at the Hilton, Bromsgrove” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Reading, United Kingdom
“Stay at the Hilton, Bromsgrove”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had an enjoyable stay here though a few things niggled us. Our room looked a little tired (shabby?) and in need of updating. The heater did not work properly, although we were given a convector heater to use. The only soap provided in the bathroom was a moisturising one for the face. The mattress was noisy every time we moved and I noticed holes in the duvet cover, which was pretty old. The room was a good size though. We did enjoy using the swimming pool and had a very hearty breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thanks for your feedback after your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read you had enjoyed your time in our large swimming pool, I trust you were able to use our new gym as well.
In our bathrooms we do only have one type of soap, but if a customer requests another we are happy to supply a second. Our 2 KW wall heaters are usuaully capable of heating the room, my apologies if it had been set wrongly before you arrived. i will advise the HK team. Our linen is hired in, but shouldn't have any holes in it, if we missed one as we made our beds then we were at fault, apologies for that.

Many thanks though for your time

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Good choice of breakfast! Nice Staff throughout the hotel. We had a nice buffet too on the business/corporate meeting rate.
However the rooms with all the carpet stains leave something to be improved upon and lets the hotel down. Similarly despite being very large rooms with a comfortable bed and choice of pillows the décor should be updated.
Our meeting room was freezing and the heater/from the air con never worked- several people had coats and jumpers on!
Bar area bit small for size of this hotel too.
Don't know if I would choose to stay here due to the higher prices compared to other chains- its been a long time since I have stayed in a Hilton and it probably will be again I'm afraid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your time and feedback, appreciated. I will let the team know you felt they were nice and looked after you well. Thanks for that.
I was sorry though to hear your room was too cold, my apologies we didn't have it right for you on the day. As soon as we know of any issue we do seek to make it right there and then. Our bedrooms are large and are well equipped, and we do have several different styles of decor, my apologies if the one you had was not to your liking.

Thanks once again though for your time

birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

A lovely hotel,Spotless and Clean,charming and friendly staff,i do recommend.Looked after by the staff,it is a lovely place to go for a quiet time as the area is not busy.Bar equipped with television and newspapers for somewhere to take it easy and relax.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your time and great feedback about our hotel, I will ensure we pass it onto the team here. We do show a lot of sport in the bar as it's popular, we hope most people do enjoy it. (Our lounge is a little quieter on busy nights!)

Many thanks once again for your comments

Northwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stayed two nights near Christmas time. Didn't see the assistant manager smile my entire stay. Checking was supposed to be 4pm......try 530pm. And no the rooms weren't being cleaned at the time, so what's the problem? Breakfast was expensive so we went local instead. Staff in the spa were nice and seemed to know how to smile well..........front desk have you met these people. Wouldn't stay here again....they may call themselves a Hilton but seemed to have lost the meaning of what that stands for. Cheer up its good for business.

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JMatrix
Thank you taking the time to provide some feedback after your stay with us in December. Our apologies if you did not enjoy your stay as much as others have. I know December is a busy time for hotels and serious looks and thoughts do not look as welcoming as a smile. You are right, everyone should be similing.

Thanks once again for your time

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I've been here several times recently, for overnight stops and business meetings. I have found the staff unfailingly friendly, welcoming and efficient. They have done everything to make my stays more comfortable and convenient, and the staff and management alike clearly take an active interest in the thoughts, opinions and needs of their visitors.

It is particularly welcomeing when staff greet you by name and remember your preferences - where you like to sit, which room you prefer, even which wine you had last time.

The rooms are fine in a standard Hilton way, clean and tidy and comfortable. The restaurant is pleasant, the food seems to rise above the normal Hilton fare. It is well served by polite waiting staff, who have mastered the art of being warm and friendly yet efficient and swift.

With so many hotels to choose from around here, you have to stand out to succeed and in my experience, this hotel does. It is certainly my hotel of choice in the area, very convenient for the motorway network, yet peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words, I will ensure that the team are made aware and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon

With Thanks

michael
West Thurrock, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed in Hilton Hotels on several occasions, business and pleasure. So when I decided to book the Hilton for me and my family to stay in, I expected the high standard and quality that I had received before .... but I did not receive this. When served by the man on reception he tried to first charge me £140 for a room I had reserved online for £90. He then told us that are room was on the 2nd floor and knowing that there is no lifts in this hotel, he didn't even ask if we was OK with our luggage! When entering the room we dropped are luggage off and headed back out. But, when we come back round 9.00pm and looked around at the room closer i noticed that the bathroom was awful! Not only was the unit around the sink falling off, the mastic around the toilet was coming off as well. And then to top it off there was mould around the top of the shower and on three walls! As we where leaving are room the following morning I noticed that there was also mould around the front door to. The carpet was stained in several places and the lamp looked like it needed a good polish. The walls needed either wiping down desperately or a good paint! This is NOT what I expect from a Hilton Hotel! When the lady at reception asked was everything OK, I told her what was wrong with the room and she apologised and said she will look into it. The breakfast on the other hand was lovely, and the staff in the morning where great. When entering the hotel it looks amazing, and lovely and clean. Shame the rest of our stay wasn't as nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank amy r
Thank you for your time and feedback after your recent stay with us, I was sorry to read there had been some issues, my apologies for any shortcomings on our part. We do accept that something can go wrong in such a busy hotel, but we are always happy to do our best to make it right when we are advised of any problem. Please do always say something as soon as you discover it and we can work on it there and then.

Many thanks once again

Michael

Travellers are raving about these Bromsgrove hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We've stayed here many times, always welcomed back and service level remains very high. Good location for motorway M5 J4 too. Excellent value for money, will return again to this hotel staff are helpful and efficient.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your kind words, and for your first review as well. As a busy hotel we do have busy periods, but I am pleased the staff made you feel welcome

Many thanks

Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove
Westmead Hotel
Westmead Hotel
#39 of 117 in Birmingham

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!