“Fantastic”

Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Spent the night with my fiancée and the staff were second to non very helpful indeed !! Considering there was a prom going on we didn't hear nothing ... Location is spot on, accommodation like wise would highly recommend it definitely, no doubt !

Stayed July 2014
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thanks for your time, and kind words about the hotel team. I will ensure they are advised of your sentiments

All the best for your future together,

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
St Helens
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Good location, bar area has had a re-furb but not enough. Seating in particular is hard and uncomfortble, Bar staff are very good and welcoming though. Drinks and food are far too expensive which is why people eat/drink out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your kind words about the team in the bar, I will certainly make sure that they are made aware. Apologies you found the seating hard.

Thanks once again

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Bromsgrove for leaving drinks for a colleague. Well where do I start, the cold unwelcoming greet at reception started this terrible episode and catalogue of poor service. The room is dated and boring with NO AIR CONDITIONING, which in this muggy heat wave July is unbearable. No free water in the room and it was £2.98 a bottle, which is disgusting. We had Breakfast delivered to our room of which after a night of drinks is welcomed and then you removed the plate cover and you find a cold breakfast with soggy bread as its in silver foil and the lumps in the orange juice were big enough to choke you. Where there are discounts stated on their website, there were n't given or honoured through pathetic poor reasons. The prices for drinks in the bar were extortionate and generally the prices overall weren't equivalent and a basic rip off. Another example of this was having to pay for the car park even though you stayed in the hotel.

NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Paul W
Thanks for your feedback, sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay as much as others have. Apologies for any shortcomings on our part. I know we don't have AC, it would be nice to have in this very warm period the UK is experiencing. If our customers do have issues, we are more than happy to make things right when we are informed at the time. Apologies we weren't able to do this for you.

Thanks once again,

Michael

Travellers are raving about these Bromsgrove hotels

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I do usually like good Hilton hotels as far as a chain goes. However, more and more of these 'quality' hotels are becoming tired, unkept and a sense of passion for service along with attention to detail has all but gone. This stay was a business trip, so accommodation, meeting rooms, lunch, dinner and refreshments are part of the package.

Upon arrival into the hotel grounds you are greeted with a tired building which is in need of some urgent TLC. The foyer is dated with no atmosphere, more akin to a visit to the local morgue. However, the staff on reception greeted you with a smile and were very helpful.

Meeting rooms:
I dont know how much they charge for hiring these rooms, but the dated, tired rooms stood out like sore thumb, the carpets are becoming tatty and the ceilings with the air con units are the full 50 shades of grey including black. Not pleasing on the eye at all.

Lunch service:
Lunch was served just outside the meeting rooms so highly convenient for all delegates. We had roughy 50 people attending this meeting. Unfortunately, we finished 10 minutes later than the 1st group and greeted with empty platters. It took staff over 20 minutes to replenish the platters with no communication from the staff. Futhermore, on both days they failed to provide water or juices with lunch. This was only offered when asked for them. This is not the quality of service expected from such an experienced company.

Dinner/bar:
Fortunately dinner service was slick and efficient with plenty of staff to ensure a smooth service was received. Food for these events can be mediocre at best and overall we enjoyed the food. Once we descended on the bar, they only had a couple of staff on to support this service, i personally believe they could have done with another body or 2 to offer fast attentive service.

Rooms:
Unfortunately my bed was not made, a quick call to reception soon corrected this with very pleasent chamber maids. the rooms are functional, clean and quite spacious, again due to the age of the hotel, they would benefit from a refurb.

Overall:
Regrettably, i would not go back to this particular Hilton, prices for drinks are high (£7 for a bottle of water at the bar) where there is clearly no investment going back into the hotel. If you could see where your money was spent i might have a different opinion.

This hotel clearly has great staff who are genuine in their approach. However, its the management that need to sort out these issues highlighted.

Room Tip: End of corridor away from stairs
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your time in providing us with some feedback, sorry to read that you had a few issues, apologies for any shortcomings on our part. Apologies for the decor, but it should be clean. I know we do serve a lot of meals and sometimes certain items on buffets get consumed before others and we have to produce more. Apologies it took longer than it should have to replenish items.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have stayed at the Hilton for years, whenever we go to a show or disco there.
Over the last year the standars seem to have dropped alarmingly, we agree that the beds and rooms desperately need upgrading if it is to be called a three star hotel.
Drinks are amongst the priciest anywhere in the world for a 4 star hotel
The pool and sauna are not in the best condition and at the disco/meal it took 2 hours for dinner......soup at 8,dinner at 9,sweet at 10.!!!
Lots of folks dancing with bottles and glasses and supervisors just standing watching..................................all in...................a fading star.!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback after staying with us. Apologies dinner was a little slow, we did have a guest with a medical emergency which slowed things down for everyone. I will though have words with the team about people not being on the dance floor with drinks. Not safe.
I know we have invested £175,000 on the pool and gym areas. Sorry to read it wasn't to your liking.

Thanks once again for your time

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in a King Suite, the room is liltte dated and needs a refurbishment furniture in the lounge area was not comfy at all. The reason we stayed here was because we could take a dog which was great. The food was very expensive so we chose not to eat there. Staff were very nice and helpful. I would stay there again but wouldnt want to pay too much for the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
michaelsquire, General Manager at Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate your time. Glad to read that the staff were very nice and helpful, I will be sure to let them know. We do also take small dogs in our hotel, I know many hotels don't. As a dog owner myself, I would confess, they do become part of the family. Sorry to read you didn't like our decor though, apologies for that.

Thanks once again

Durham
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Before I say anything negative about this hotel, I must point out that I got an excellent rate for two nights, including breakfast which was nearer to a budget stay. That said, I don't believe that should in any way make the excuse for the short comings here. The location is fine, although mobile signal a bit scratchy on O2. The staff were all pleasant and very helpful. The rooms were on face value pleasant enough. Now for the bad part. The bed was terrible, and neither my wife or I managed much sleep on either night. For me, the most important part of a hotel is to provide me with a good nights' sleep. I would have expected much more than a dated extra firm mattress on top of a wooden platform with no slats. Thankfully, we had a two seater settee so I had to curl up on this just to get a couple of hours sleep. The following day I asked reception if all the rooms had the same mattresses. I was shown two other rooms and they were the same! I settled for having another night curled up on the couch! Reception rang and said they would take £10 off my bill and £5 off the parking. There comes a point where money doesn't make much difference and getting no sleep is one of those times.

While breakfast was included in the rate, the quality was lacking and didn't even come up to budget standard. There seemed to be empty serving dishes at the buffet constantly as it wasn't monitored. Very disappointing considering the number of staff in attendance.

As the temperatures were higher than usual it would have been nice to have AC in the room as I thought this was the sort of thing that four star hotels often include. Not in this case.

All in all, if this is the way four star hotels are heading, I think it probably makes sense to book budget hotels such as Premier Inns where you are guaranteed a decent bed, and therefore a good nights' sleep. If it hadn't been for the leisure club which was really good, this would have been a terrible stay. Four star is stretching this a bit!

1 Thank riteimage
Thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate your time. I will ensure that I pass on your kind words about the team, we do get a lot of people say the same thing. And our leisure club, looking good after our refurb in there. We've had some great feedback about the gym.
My apologies though that you couldn't find a bed that met your needs. Our beds are quite firm and not to everyone's liking.

Apologies once again for the beds,

Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Droitwich M5, Jct 5
Grafton Manor
Grafton Manor
#7 of 8 in Bromsgrove

Been to Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!