Staff were very good and service excellent. That's where it ends.
There is no lift (we didn't know this), and although the hotel is only on 2 floors it is still frustrating to have to lug suitcases up/down stairs.
There is no air conditioning in the rooms (we didn't know this either) and a heater had been left on in our room and it was sweltering. We opened the window to let some air in, but had to close it again as we overlooked the car park and the noise outside (due to a coach parked with it's engine running for an hour) and people smoking, made it noisy and smelly.
The bed was most uncomfortable, as were the pillows, so not a good nights sleep in a hot and uncomfortable room.
Apparently Friday night is 'carvery night' in the restaurant and that is all that is on offer. If you don't like/want a roast dinner then it's a case of take it or leave it. There is a limited bar menu, but you cannot order from that to eat in the restaurant.
We were lucky with breakfast as we got there at the right time and there was plenty to chose from. No butter though, only Flora margarine.
The place mats were dirty, containing the remnants of what people before me had spilled - and maybe lots more before that?! I moved it to the side as it was disgusting, so was my husband's.
Yes you have to pay to park, but that is pretty standard of Hilton hotels. At least it means that only those using the hotel will be taking up spaces in the car park. Having said that, we only stayed one night (thank goodness) so I feel for people who have to pay £5 every night.
By far the worst Hilton we have stayed in and we will not be going back, nor would we recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 20 minutes from Birmingham Airport, the Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa offers an ideal location to explore the heart of England. Located half a mile from the M5 and M42, the hotel provides access to the beautiful Cotswolds region, Birmingham city center and shopping areas and picturesque Stratford-upon-Avon. With a bar, restaurant and Java coffee shop, 60ft indoor heated pool, fitness center and nearby golf course available, you may choose to simply relax and unwind at the hotel and the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HRS, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Birmingham Bromsgrove Hotel Bromsgrove
- Hilton International Bromsgrove
- Bromsgrove Hilton International
- Hilton Bromsgrove