“The forest gump of curry delivery!”
Review of Chennai Restaurant - CLOSED

Chennai Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Life's a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get. Great food but awful delivery/take away service. Missing dishes, cold starters, wrong dishes, sometimes no dips, sometimes no free gift. Take any of these and re-arrange in any order - that's the service you will get from delivery - random! Even when ordering, they can't hear you (noise in the rest.) so you have to shout your order or ring back on e.g. your mobile. And, guess what? They still can't hear you but they tell you that this is your problem. And they tell you not to use the Just-Eat or Hungry House service as they don't get so much cash (at least those services can 'hear me'...even though they'll go on to get the order wrong). Real shame as the food is great and they are nice folks that staff the place.

2  Thank Matthew C

Reviewed 23 February 2014

First visit will be back. We were passing on the way back from a day out and decided to try this restaurant. We were very pleasantly surprised. I usually stick to one of two dishes but was advised by the waiter to try something new. We both had the combined dishes. We ate everything and enjoyed it all. Service and food were great.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Waited 2.5 hours for food to arrive. When it arrived it all had to go back because it was cold. The waiter was not happy & was swearing whilst taking the food back.
Numerous times we ordered drinks which never arrived.
My friend had a chicken bone in her Curry & to top it all off when they collected my plate the waiter smashed me on the head with it leaving me covered in curry.
The waiter laughed and was more concerned about collecting the rest of the plates. I had to ask the waiter 2 get me a towel to clean up.
The food itself taste wise was pretty good but i will not be returning & would not recommend this place to anyone.
They did reluctantly take off about 20% off the final bill but this did not make up for the disasterous night.
My Birthday celebrations ruined this year :-(

2  Thank Ben A
Reviewed 2 January 2014

On New Year's on 31 Dec 2013, we went to the restaurant to celebrate. My husband decided to have a main course directly as he wasnt too hungry for both,starters and main course. But I decided to go for some starters. We wanted to order all together so that we saved time and returned home before my little daughter's sleeptime and that she could munch Naan bread with her Daddy and was kept busy. Apparently the staff serving wasnt too sure of our order and asked me if intended to order main course eventually. I explained him that he can bring whatever we have decided so far, so that we saved time. In due course we finished with our poppadoms and asked another guy for a couple more. This guy asks the other guy (who took our order) to bring 2 poppadoms for our table. That guy tells in a weird tone, "only 2 poppadoms again" and mutters something in his language, Bengali. Apparently his tone was not that great either. And I stood up and told them that I heard the tone and know what they meant. Initially one of the staffs reaction was that he did not know what I was saying and later when my husband raised his voice, the relevant staff came and explained what he meant. Regardless of anything we left the place since I understood what he said as I understand Bengali. I am not going there again, it is a big no for me and neither I am going to reccommend. I hope they learn from this and not repeat it, atleast on the customer face. I felt so bad because I have never expected this from the hospitality people.

1  Thank Sumita A
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Good food and service was good. Takeaway also very good.... And you get a free beer! Extensive menu. Get a two for one card.