“THIS IS NO ORDINARY HOLIDAY iNN, ITS THE BROMSGROVE HOLIDAY INN”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Shrewsbury
“THIS IS NO ORDINARY HOLIDAY iNN, ITS THE BROMSGROVE HOLIDAY INN”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Holiday Inns come as a standard, so many have the same room lay outs, decor, and the hideous soap dispensers in the bathrooms, they have the same "Junction Restaurant Food" to which if you are a traveler becomes so boring if you use the chain frequently, the only bitter beer on offer at most is Boddingtons ( and they wonder why guest go out to find a pub).

However you wont find all that at this Holiday Inn, this Holiday Inn the bar has a traditional British beer on tap, the staff have good knowledge of the wine list and the staff possibly the most helpful I have met in a long time at any Holiday Inn, all seem to work as a team and it works well.

The room was fresh, well maintained and a pleasure to stay in, and the air con worked another big plus, and it did have a choice of pillows in the room, excellent.

I decided to participate in a meal in the hotel restaurant, the staff were excellent, a slight Spanish theme to the restaurant, but my full compliments to the chef, although a tad expensive it was well worth the little extra, edible fresh and tasty food, all one wants in good surroundings with a very knowledgeable and efficient staff . The breakfast next morning, excellent and it does cater for those that are vegetarian.

The only downside if you call it one is to get to some of the rooms you have to walk through the open bar area, a reception area and through the spa reception area, plenty of room but it did feel a little odd.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Davidb61, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, 25 June 2011
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted that you had a fantastic stay with us and found the hotel to be above the Holiday Inn standards that you previously have experienced within the chain. I look forward to welcoming yourself back to the hotel the next time you are in the area, whether it is for business or visiting the numerous local attractions.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Polish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed overnight b,b & d for family reunion. Group of 12 and nothing was too much trouble for staff in reception and restaurant. We had a relaxed and enjoyable stay.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the family reunion and had a fantastic stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed here while visiting friends nearby for a birthday meal. My wife arrived earlier in the afternoon and we were upgraded to an executive room which was spacious comfortable and well furnished. She made use of the leisure club which has a good sized pool. Breakfast although buffet style was one of the better ones I have had and the staff were very pleasant and attentive. All in all a good stay and I would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Davidb61, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and specifically pleased that you found the upgrade a pleasant surprise. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, whether you are visiting friends or visiting the local attractions. We do good deals with Cadbury World and West Midland Safari Park.

Regards
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Stayed here for one night whilst making our way North, I had looked at reviews here before booking and was impressed with what had previously been wrote.

The hotel on the outside has a mediterranean theme with julliet balconies.

We were quickly checked-in by the very polite receptionist and directed to our room on the first floor.

I booked a standard double room and I was pleasently suprised at how large it was, we had enough room for two suitcases and much more. The room itself was very clean and tastefully decorated. The double bed was one of the comfiest that I have ever slept on and I could have happily stayed in the room for a week or two.

When looking at this particular hotel the pool and spa really appealed to me and it did not disappoint. Whilst not that big we did have it pretty much to ourselves and had use of everything available. I would imagine on busy weekends it would become awkward due to the small nature but nonetheless it was a very relaxing experience and helped me relax after a long day of driving.

We did not eat at the hotel in the evening choosing to eat elsewhere but we did have breakfast. As noted the prices aren't great but the food was very nice and plenty so I had no issues on that front.

On the whole the hotel was great and I could not ask for anything more. I will certainly be staying here again whenever next in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted you had a fantastic stay with us and enjoyed the leisure and spa facilities. I look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area or travelling through.
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Spent one night here on the way south and we were very pleased with our choice.
Lovely looking hotel, really smart and a touch meditteranean, also very easy to find with plenty of parking.
We are Priority Club Platinum members and had booked a standard room - on arrival we asked for an upgrade and were told there were no exec rooms available but after looking again they gave us a suite!! Fantastic room, huge comfy bed, great bathroom and smart furniture - I could have happily moved in there. Not sure what standard rooms were like but I would image they would also be of a good standard. Didnt use the restaurant but the bar had a nice atmosphere and good service.
Overall a great stay and would certainly go again

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Davidb61, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, 21 May 2011
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us and specifically pleased that you found the upgrade to the Suite a pleasant surprise. I sincerely hope that we can accomodate you again when you are passing through next or why not stay over to visit the local attractions and area. I certainly recommend a visit to our restaurant next time you are here. You wont be disappointed.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2011

This is my second visit to this hotel and it is always lovely. The hotel is's self is done in the Spanish style and the rooms are light, clean and modern. The service has been great and the food is nice. A nice countyside location, with lovely views. Will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you have returned to the hotel and had a second enjoyable stay with us. I do hope that we will get to see you regularly at the hotel whenever you are in the area and that you recommend the hotel to your friends. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon .
Chagford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2011

Very average, food average, rooms adequate, meeting room ok, service dire, took over an hour to get the starters. Bar service however is excellent

Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Davidb61, Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, 6 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I was pleased you found the bar service to be excellent.
I was disappointed you did not have a good experience at dinner, especially in terms of the serving time and would very much like the opportunity to discuss this with you and resolve it. This will enable me to further investigate the facts behind your booking and speak to those involved. Any further feedback you can give on our 24-hr delegate package would also be appreciated.
Please contact me on davidhartill@hi-birminghambromsgrove.co.uk
Kind regards.
David Hartill, Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Grafton Manor
Grafton Manor
#6 of 8 in Bromsgrove
Holiday Inn Express Birmingham, Redditch

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove? Share your experiences!