“Not too bad for overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed there Saturday 24th May. Just a few niggles but overall not bad. Firstly the booking was messed up then the check out was not good, fortunately we weren't in a hurry as it took a while to resolve. Rooms small but ok. Wouldn't say it was a four star property. Breakfast was good. If I needed to stay around there I may stop there again but only at the right price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Glen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Im sorry you found your room small, and the reservation was not correct. I would love to get more information so I can stop this happening again.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss further if you get chance.

Kind regards

Glen Staniforth | General Manager
Holiday Inn Bromsgrove | Kidderminster Road | Worcestershire | B61 9AB
Hotel +44(0)1527 576600 Mob +44(0) 7788 395 812
gm.hibromsgrove@kewgreen.co.uk

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We usually rate the Holiday Inn at Sevenoaks in Kent as the best we have stayed at in this chain. This Holiday Inn is at least as good. We checked in swiftly, and the Receptionist noticed we had been put in a Smoking Room, checked that was what we wanted, and moved us to a non-smoking room. She also suggested we might like a ground floor room, which we did. The room and its bathroom were equiped and cleaned to a high standard with attractive decor in the Holiday Inn style.

Bar and Restaurant Staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. The menu offered good choice and the food was cooked and presented to a high standard. One failing of Holiday Inns can be that their Bar often offers a limited choice with poorly trained staff. This was not the case here. We were breaking our journey home after a foreign holiday, and it made a splendid end to that holiday. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Obviously we only saw one, but we think if you explain your requirements carefully, this hotel would...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Im please we ended your holiday, hope you had a great time, im happy my team looked after you and welcomed you back following your break.

As you suggested we have a number of types of rooms so let us know and we will do our best to meet your needs.

Glen

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here for business not long back. All i can say is, after a stressful working day there was nothing like coming back to this place. The food was excellent (the steak was cooked perfectly), the staff were incredibly friendly, the breakfast was excellent and the pool was lamost deserted so I got a lovely swim in before breakfast!
Can't fault this hotel at all, fan-bloomin-tastic!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Hi
We at Holiday Inn Bromsgrove want all our guest to feel like this and we are working hard to make you feel like this.

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again.
Glen

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We are staying here at the moment on our way home from Cornwall, really good room nice and spacious has a sofa and a fridge in the room, we have just had a bar meal and that was good still to have breakfast tomorrow but really pleased so far good value for money, We have now had breakfast and really good food, good choice and plenty of it good service and nice and clean and tables cleared, and cleaned right away. Bed and pillows really comfy and would definitely stay again, only blip was at checking out when they thought I hadn't paid, I had paid when booked two weeks before and at checking in they told me that it was all paid for, but for some reason on check out it was showing we still needed to pay, I luckily still had my receipt from booking with travel republic and the gentleman apologized for the mistake, I still highly rate this hotel, it also had a pool which I didn't get the chance to try but looked lovely. This review was started while we were staying here on Fri and finished after we arrived home on Monday

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your excellent comments following your recent stay. I was pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with all aspects of your stay. I was sorry to hear of the slight confusion at check out with regards to payment.

We hope you choose this hotel again when you are next in the area

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Hi I stayed here many of times but this stay was not the best firstly checked me into a room when booked a executive suite through ihg they told me to stay in room and they would put in me in executive suite before I arrive back at 7 pm as room wouldn't be avaiable till after 3.00pm as bride was still in it I was disappointed to return and my stuff was still in other room so me and my partner had to sort t out altho check in is at 2 room wouldn't be ready till 3 this was disappointing :(

• Stayed: April 2014
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay. I was sorry to read that we did not fully meet your expectations. We do only have 3 suites in the hotel, and it was unfortunate that the bride for the wedding was allocated this room from the night before, and she had unexpectedly requested the room to be kept on a little longer. We felt that due to the circumstances we should honour this request.

However, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by not moving your things whilst you were out. Please accept my apologies for this.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from using the hotel or brand in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 7 May 2014

When I last stayed here I was unhapppy with being put in a very small and cramped room, but was pleased that this was not the case when I stayed again recently.

Check-in was friendly but took a long time for the guests in front of to check in resulting in a bit of a wait. However I had been upgraded to an Executive Room which was a good size and had a separate chair/table as well as the desk. There was not much of a view but I was facing away from the motorway which was appreciated.

Breakfast was fine, a good choice and there were plenty of staff working so things seemed to be going smoothly.

A good stay which has improved since last time, so I would look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AlanNorthern, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thanks for your great comments following your stay. I was pleased to hear that your experience was much improved since your last visit a few months ago. We hope to see you continue to frequent the hotel over the coming months!

Regards

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Due to the good location, we used this hotel again last night to meet with friends. There were five of us and appeared to be no one else. The dining room but for us was empty. Have to say that the service at table was good and the waitress helpful and pleasant. My food was enjoyable.
Bedroom, clean and comfortable this time. Just a big empty space with football being played on the huge t.v. in the lounge even though we were 5 not wishing to see it.
A few people at breakfast.
We shall be looking to find another hotel for the next get together.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments following your stay. I was sorry to hear that you felt that the hotel had no atmosphere. I am assuming that you stayed on Bank Holiday Monday when most business hotels such as ours are very quiet. The hotel is currently trading busier than it has ever been and what you experienced is not indicative of usual business levels.

I do hope that you will visit the hotel again to see this for yourself. Thank you once again for your comments.

Alan Northern

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bromsgrove
Bromsgrove Hotel & Spa
Travelodge Bromsgrove Marlbrook
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor
#1 of 1 in Stourport-on-Severn

Been to Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove? Share your experiences!