“Oh - So This Is Bromsgrove!”

Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Bromsgrove
West Sussex
“Oh - So This Is Bromsgrove!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I used to stay at the Hilton Bromsgrove (Pinehills) a lot, so it was quite a discovery for me to find where this Holiday Inn is!
Acceptably comfortable and decorated rooms, Nearly always a 'point up' if our room has a bath but urgh, what I saw under the bath soapdish was ready for scientific study - vile. Active mould - blurgh!

The rest of the hotel is average, including service which at times was quite abrasive.

I did use the services of the Revive Spa which I will review seperately.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Glen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, 18 August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I came here for a night away and were disappointed.

The bar was ridiculously priced, the pool was smaller than it looks on pics and was overrun by kids.

The staff took ages to clear empty plates and glasses from tables. Sometimes around 30 mins. They were just walking past them. It was embarrassing.

The breakfast experience was dreadful. The hostess/supervisor was rude and forced people to sit in certain seats even though they politely asked for different tables. She looked at me in disgust when I asked for her attention to have some poached eggs and kippers made. Her response was: 'yeh wait a minute.'

It took a long time to come out, and all of the breakfast staff just looked miserable. I would be too if my boss was that horrible.

The general decor of the hotel and the rooms is fairly decent, but there is a weird atmosphere in the place.

Stayed August 2014
Glen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Sorry you were disappointed and found the “bar was ridiculously priced” as it is very competitive for a hotel in the area.
I understand photos can be difficult to judge size and during school holidays we do have adults only swim times to try to accommodate all as children are very welcome and more abundant in school holidays.

I would have loved you to come and speak to me regarding your stay as I love feedback to try to make things better for our guests and help resolve any issues before you travel home.
I hope to talk to you directly about your stay.
Kind regards
Gm.hibromsgrove@kewgreen.co.uk
07788 395810

Travellers are raving about these Bromsgrove hotels

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I would recommend the hotel to any one great rooms and great facilities, great location to explore the southern Midlands.

However we would not recommend eating here, we eat in the restaurant the first night and the food was not to be recommended especially for the price. The children's portions were huge and the pasta my son had was dry. My meal the broccoli was past it's best and the gravy was swimming in oil.

Also at breakfast on two occasions the buffet had run out of hot food we informed the staff who told us there would be a wait, this turned out to be 15 minutes for scrambled egg.

Great hotel shame about the food.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jamie L
Thank you for your recommendation and honesty about the food.

My new menus are now live as are my new kitchen team. Food will improve and we look forwards to people leaving positive comments.

Watch this space

barnstaple
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I was here for 2 nights on business . The hotel was very nice the room was clean although quite small.
The restaurant was very disappointing , the first night I didn't get what I ordered because the chef couldn't tell the difference between the 2 different chicken dishes and the following night my colleague ordered chicken en croute, it came with no pastry, when he asked the waitress she said they had ran out of pastry. So a chef that can't make pastry. If we were to come back gain I would eat elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Glen S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham-Bromsgrove, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi, Im sorry you had a poor dinner experience.

Our new chef has started this today and our new menus start next week. Im so sorry please try us again and contact me personally I will ensure your experience is better.

Im pleased you found the room clean but understand the food let you down.

Hope to see you again

Glen Staniforth | General Manager
Holiday Inn Bromsgrove | Kidderminster Road | Worcestershire | B61 9AB
Hotel +44(0)1527 576600 Mob +44(0) 7788 395 812
gm.hibromsgrove@kewgreen.co.uk
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

After relocating to the South West recently, my children and I regularly stay at Holiday Inns throughout the country. This is by far the best we have experienced. The room was stunning and food was wonderful. The staff were very friendly too, particularly the young man who was front of house during breakfast on Sat 2nd August. Nothing was too much trouble. Thanks guys, see you next time!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SandyToes53
Hi

Im glad you had a great stay with us, thank you for sharing your experience

I look forward to seeing you again and will personally thank Ben who looked after you.

Kind regards

Glen Staniforth | General Manager
Holiday Inn Bromsgrove | Kidderminster Road | Worcestershire | B61 9AB
Hotel +44(0)1527 576600 Mob +44(0) 7788 395 812
gm.hibromsgrove@kewgreen.co.uk
Leeds
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just left this hotel after a lovely nights stay.

We were staying the night in Birmingham to break up a long drive to Devon from Leeds.

The hotel itself is well presented and has a lovely courtyard area to enjoy a drink or a cigarette outside. The rooms were modern, clean and spacious with everything you would need.

The beds were super comfy and the air con was a really cool treat!

The bar and restaurant were both up to scratch, bearing in mind this is a chain hotel. We ordered from the bar menu and although slightly expensive the food was very nice. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and attentive.

The free spa use was an extra bonus to what was a lovely short 1 nights stay.

For £60 a room you can't complain really.

Would 100% recommend!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Matthew J
Hi

Glad you had a great stay with us.

Hope to see you again in our hotel or the Holiday Inn Brand.

Thank you for the great review.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a training course with work on the 21st July for three nights.
The hotel itself is nice and clean and it's location is perfect with Bromsgrove town centre just down the road. When I first got to the hotel I was given room number 125 which was on the ground floor. The room itself was again nice and clean but the air conditioning was not working and the hotels air conditioning condensing units were right outside my window so could not leave it open.
A quick call to reception and I was moved to room 331 which was a lot better with everything working. There was problems with the air con in a few rooms but the hotel had the engineers out later that week sorting the problems out.
Breakfast was good in the morning and the gym and pool were an added bonus, so all in all a very nice hotel for business purposes with good conference/training facilities.
I would be happy to stay here again, which I'm sure I will do, for future business events.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park at the front of the hotel or overlooking the courtyard at the centre...