“Owen - room 9 - long-term”

ParkView Hotel and Guest House
Ranked #5 of 5 St Helens B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I've been working in the area for just over 2 years now and have spent all my nights at the Parkview. Karen and the team have all looked after me like one of the family. A really nice place to stay that's been a second home for me. Congratulations to the team for the last 10 years and keep up the good work. All the Best, Owen, Room 9

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Hi me and 3 friends stayed at this hotel on the 6th sept we shared 1 room 4 single beds. they were very comfortable to sleep in ,matresess a bit springy but for the price did not expect the ritz. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was realy good.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We had 2 single rooms booked and when we turned up one room stank of fags and the other room stank of weed and had no windows. In general they were tatty and in need of a demolition expert to put right. The wardrobe was falling apart and the shared shower room was in need of re grouting to get rid of the dirt. We decided not to stay the 3 nights we had booked and found accommodation elsewhere.

Never before have I walked out of a hotel in utter shock at the standard of upkeep.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I booked on line at the last minute for a 2 night stay. I arrived after a tough drive in the bad weather 20 minutes before 5 (Check in is from 5.00pm the sign says - not normal for a 'Hotel'??) A card in the door gave a phone number which I duly rang while standing in the rain. I was greeted by a surly voice that said "Check in's at 5" then hung up. I retreated to my car to wait.

Came back at 5.10 and still door was locked so again had to ring the number. This time the voice said someone would be round soon so I waited outside on the step some further 5 or 10 minutes until another unfortunate 'guest' who was trying to check in came out (Someone had let him in out of the rain earlier). I stuck my head round the door and saw tatty carpets, worn chairs and the smell of stale cigarette smoke was appalling. The council's hygiene sign on the door from 0-5 gave the place a 3 'Generally acceptable' which I would feel was being generous. After waiting a further few minutes to no avail, I left and found other accommodation.

Don't consider this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank nfoster
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed in room 5. Bath towels had holes. No sink in toilet/shower room, so you have to walk back into bedroom to wash hands. No bin in toilet/ shower room not even for sanitary reasons. No hand towel. Shower cold. It rained all night and we think there was something wrong with the guttering , the constant tapping kept us awake. We arrived early. Phoned the number on the door and was told to come back at 5. We just drove for 6 hours! This is not a hotel in our option ...

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Akjon
Reviewed 15 April 2012

As a solo traveler,I booked a basic room at Parkview hotel.When arriving I was shown to my room and given plenty of white towels.The breakfast was great,they gave me plenty to eat.I was able to use the internet at the hotel and there was plenty of free parking.I would book at parkview hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Family friendly, staff very helpful. Big basic room could do with maybe makeover but thats me being fussy. Nice historic building. Breakfast basic but filling. Quiet location with ample parking. Staff helpful but seems family run so sometimes problems in tracking them down if wanting extra milk etc. Good advice to ring before to confirm your time of arrival. Would certanly reccommend as was a positive overall experinence

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
The Griffin Inn
#1 of 5 in St Helens
Premier Inn St. Helens (A580/East Lancs) Hotel
Premier Inn St. Helens South Hotel

Been to ParkView Hotel and Guest House? Share your experiences!