“Brilliant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Helens
The Waterside Premier Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 St Helens B&B and Inns
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I went here on Sunday the 21st of July with my dad and auntie we opted for the Carvy and I can't fault it the meat was lovely I opted for the beef and gammon but you could get beef gammon and turkey everything was hot and tasted lovely and the price was afforadble at £25.06 for 3 carvrys and three drinks

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Clarke200

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed in dec 2012 and judging by previous reviews something drastic has changed we stayed in hotel and don't get me wrong I've stayed in better premier inns but still at high level of service and cleanliness as for the restaurant it was very nicei had steak with Stilton and it was melt in the mouth lovely my colleague had a burger and said it was one of the best he's had I would recommend both hotel and restaurant

• Stayed December 2012
warrington
Reviewed 14 January 2013

went to the waterside about a year ago when there were a couple in charge and they ran the place really badly the food was awful the beer was flat glasses dirty and the bar needed an upgrade we said we wouldnt go again Well we did and found that they must have changed chefs and that the previous management couple had gone and been replaced by a very nice young man and woman what a change the food was hot and very tasty inc the yorkshires the beer was cold frothy and served in clean glasses and it had been re vamped what a difference a couple of new managers and chef make we will be returning

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I went kingsize on the carvery & recieved a mountain of gammon, beef, turkey, chipolatas & the cheese & onion pie. The cheese & onion pie was the best I have ever tasted, as were the yorkshire puddings. The roast potatoes were very good. The veg was nice, the only slight criticism would be I would prefer more veg choices(no broccoli or sprouts on offer) but this is just a me being a bit picky. My entire family enjoyed the food!

I will no longer be visiting The Toby Carvery as the food is nowhere near as tasty as The Waterside.

Waitresses were a little slow at taking drinks/ food orders but this could have been due to it being a busy sunday afternoon.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
wigan
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Didn't eat, and glad I didn't.... I had to change my first drink because it was flat...it then was changed to another glass....flat again, yet my partners was very bubbly (full pint). So I blame the silly 1/2 pint boring glasses. Other guests sitting by me still had other eaters food plates on their table when their mains were being delivered....hardly any eaters in there, yet they had to ask for the tables to be cleaned....sorry won't be popping in to you again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank juliekWigan
merseyside
Reviewed 25 November 2012

just reopened after having a revamp so thought i would give it a go
wow its amazing the cavery is beautiful meat tender roast potatoes fluffy inside and crispy out
very good price i always go to lymewood but not any more
lovely and friendly staff who cant do enough for you not sure if under new mangerment but sure feels like it is or they have changed staff over
give it a go you wont be disapointed

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank debi1402
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We went to the waterside late afternoon to have the carvery. It took the waitress 10 minutes to seat us even thought there was numerous tables free. We asked for a high chair for my three year old son which came covered in food that was more than a day old. Our table was sticky to touch and there was food all over the floor. We waited 35 minutes until we were asked are we ready to order our food and we hadn’t even ordered drinks. We asked for the carvery and were told ‘we have stopped doing it now’. It was 4.15pm.
The staff were very abrupt and at one point the waitress even rolled her eyes at my partner. I asked what kids drinks they had and was told ‘none’.
After a further 15 minutes our drinks arrived. The beer was flat and had a strange sweet taste. My sons pop was warm. The waitress informed me that the dish I ordered wasn’t available and could I pick something else – no apology! She also said ‘Don’t worry it wont be long and your starters will be here soon anyway!’
The starters came and the waitress just walked off. The appearance of them was absolutely unbelievable!! We sat there with out mouths open at how shocking it was!
My lettuce was rotten and the duck spring roll meat was hard and couldn’t be chewed. My partners starters was described in the menu as ‘Stilton and peppercorn mushrooms on a toasted bloomer with watercress’ it came which can only be described as mushroom slop on a burnt piece of toast with no water cress.
When we told the waitress about this she raised her eyebrows, picked the plates up and walked off. No apology.
Our main course arrived 15 minutes later and they forgot the child’s meal. My Steak and ale pie didn’t have one piece of meat in it, the mash was hard and the peas cold.
I told the waitress this and she looked at it and said ‘its not going well this is it’ and took it away. Again no apology.
There was a meal deal in place which was to main courses for ten pounds. While I took my son to the gents my partner was told ‘if he’s not eating his pie you have to pay full price for your meal’ Which was £8.95.
The gent’s toilet was absolutely disgusting. I had to hold my son over the toilet so he didn’t touch because it was so unclean.
We also had to take the child’s meal of our son as the sausages he had where grey in colour and we had no confidence in what he was eating after what we had just experienced.
The kitchen is open so you could see the chef. When he found we complained he stopped work leant on the counter and stared at me for five minutes making all of us feel very uncomfortable.
The total cost of out meal was twenty five pounds. We left hungry, insulted and made to feel frightened.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Travelodge Haydock St. Helens
Eccleston Arms
Eccleston Arms
#2 of 5 in St Helens

Been to The Waterside Premier Lodge? Share your experiences!