All reviews beefeater next door adjoining beefeater warm welcome easy access good nights sleep liverpool city centre lady on reception value for money comfortable bed on arrival couldn't fault meal deal excellent value short break budget hotel plenty of parking couldn't do enough
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Its a great place to stay. Very quite and prices is really reasonable. I would recommend it to anyone. The receptionists was excellent on check in and check out. The rooms were so clean and great family environment

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kinyua J
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed on business for one week.My room was very nice and clean and usual for a Premier Inn but I found the menu and room prices expensive.I do not expect to pay Hilton prices and get Premier Inn standards IE-no credit facilities phone in room etc.WHY DO THEY DO THIS!!! Nearly £4 for a pint is acceptable in London but not here!Will not stay again.On the plus side the WiFi is cheap :)

Room Tip: You get 30 min free WiFi but it's only £3 a day
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank stuyfoster
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn St. Helens South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed four nights in July. My room was pristine and has remained beautifully cleaned throughout my stay.
The staff both at the hotel and in the Beefeater next door where meals were taken have been very friendly and helpful.
Good range of breakfast and the evening meals have been very acceptable.
I have had a problem with the wifi though. Having paid £10 for a week's wifi access. Other than the fact I object to having to pay for wifi these days in hotels, the access has been very flaky at best. Two nights there have been no wifi and trying to get a refund off the third party suppliers has been a nightmare (you have to wait for a long time to get your call answered, and you have to pay for the pleasure of waiting to speak to them when the problem is at their end). An email address I was given to contact them didn't work.
But the staff at the hotel have bent over backwards to try and help me.
But, aside from that one issue, I have no complaints at all and will very happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a view over a lawn rather than the car park.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights from Saturday 5th July. Choose this Premier Inn for it's location away from the Motorway and not far from Liverpool for a short break. On arrival received a very warm welcome at check-in. The room was clean and comfortable, what we have come to expect from a Premier Inn. Our only complaint was the noise from people returning to their rooms and the cleaning staff talking outside our room in the morning.

Room Tip: Rooms on 1st floor away from stairs would be best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael-4551
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Appalling staff attitude on complaining about the bed, could not be bothered and arrogant.
The room was fine and the price would have been good....if we could have slept.
I stay in Premier Inns frequently with work and social events, however this one I will be giving a wide birth and not recommending it to friends/family and taking of the list for work.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple