“Amaaazing!!!”

Yasemin Turkish & Greek BBQ Restaurant
Price range: US$1 - US$17
Cuisines: Barbecue, Greek, Mediterranean, Turkish, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Yasemin is set in the heart of St Helens and offers a traditional welcoming yet contemporary and modern feel. On arrival you will be greeted by the warm and welcoming staff. You will be amazed by the warm sunny glow sky effect from the 3D ceiling. You can absorb the atmosphere and ambience whilst enjoying a drink at our well stocked bar before being shown to your seat to enjoy your freshly prepared and cooked meal..... Your host Edip (Ed) has many years experience in the restaurant trade and welcomes you to his flagship restaurant named after his beloved daughter Yasemin (you can read more about Edip here) We welcome you to come and experience warm Turkish and Greek hospitality in relaxed surroundings and enjoy Traditional Turkish and Greek Cuisine all freshly prepared daily from locally sourced ingredients then watch as your food is cooked to perfection on our open flame charcoal BBQ in our completely OPEN PLAN KITCHEN.... Not only do we boost great Authentic Turkish & Greek food at affordable prices, Yasemin offers great entertainment on a weekly basis featuring our belly dancers and Turkish & Greek waiters dance , also a traditional wedding show to give a unforgettable night the remember..Our restaurant is ideal choice for private parties, large celebrations or intimate dining for two. Yasemin has wonderful character and atmosphere so come and soak up the unique ambience in True Turkish & Greek Style.... We also offer extensive wide range of vegetarian options full disabled access, specials board, Birthday specials, Promotion nights, Weddings bookings, Christmas Parties, Corporal Nights....etc Seating up to 80 People (private parties) in our fully air-conditioned dining area. Free Wi-Fi, Lunch menu , Kids menu....
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

We found this place after looking for resturants on Google, this place had one of the best reviews and as I love Greek and Turkish food we had to pay a visit.

We were not disappointed!!

We had the Silver platter, olives and Calamari for starters which was gorgeous, loved all the dips and the Turkish bread was deeelicious.

I then had moussaka and my boyfriend had the mixed skewer kebab.

We were both stuffed after all the gorgeous food!

Also had some beers, wine and cocktails.

We had a lovely evening and all the staff were great and very friendly.

We will 100% be visiting again :-)

2  Thank Olivia B
TeamYasemin, Public Relations Manager at Yasemin Turkish & Greek BBQ Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thanks for your lovely review hope to see you again on another lovely experience.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

First visit to Yasemin and we weren't disappointed. Beautiful food, excellent service and lovely decor and facilities. Loved the sharing seafood platter and special kebabs. We will return very soon. Thank you very much.

1  Thank chriscass9
TeamYasemin, Guest Relations Manager at Yasemin Turkish & Greek BBQ Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal last night in Yasemin, we were given complimentary starters which we devoured as they were delicious, followed by a beautiful meal, wine and a great selection of desserts. And then turkish delights to top it all off! The service was outstanding, the best service I have ever experienced. My friends and i are going back tonight!

1  Thank SineadEmma

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

We rang through to request take away at 10.30pm on a Tuesday. The manager explained the grills had been turned off so the food would take a little longer; but he didn't mind staying open past 11pm if we didn't mind waiting. I'm so pleased that we did.
The quality of the food was second to none, by far the best Turkish food I've had outside of Turkey. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant when I came to collect. I would love to visit for a sit down meal there as it's a beautiful looking venue. Top class!

1  Thank Shwennie

Reviewed 5 February 2017

I had spine surgery on 13th Jan and have been unable to leave the house. My boyfriend took us out for a meal Saturday and I was so excited to get ready and go for a meal. I have been to this restaurant in past and had a good experience, so we made a reservation for 7pm. I am on crutches due to my surgery and the young waitress greeted me at door and opened door for me while my boyfriend parked car ( he had dropped me outside as I can't walk much). Starter came quickly. Main took 45 minutes and and my boyfriends got brought out 25 minutes before mine and his side order of fries didn't come. My boyfriend finished his food, as mine hadn't arrived I let waitress know, who apologised. A further 10 minutes and still no meal for me so I asked again and I said I am now eating alone as boyfriend had finished, as I was having this conversation the manager came over with my food and I explained what had happened. He half heartedly apologised and then walked off with my food putting it on the trolley with the cleared away dirty dishes. My boyfriend said that can't of been your food, so I called waitress over again and she spoke to manager. Manager abruptly come over and insisted I had said I didn't want food, which was untrue. Why would I not want food I had waited nearly 90 mins for in an uncomfortable chair with a spine injury. I said I was just pointing out my food should of come out same time as my boyfriends as that is purpose of meal you eat together. The manager rudely said "what do you expect it is a restaurant and we are busy" to which my boyfriends said we expect to eat together. I was so upset I didn't eat my main meal when it was brought back off the dirty dishes trolley. We were not offered any sort of recompense or even a free drink. I am disgusted. I paid full price and even waitress said she would of removed my meal from bill at very least. I have spent weeks in the house and was looking forward to a nice meal. The manager upset a young couple with his rude remarks and even his staff were shocked, I gave one of the girls a tip still as she did all she could. The restaurant was not even busy, and I appreciate mistakes happen but courtesy would not of gone a miss. Appalling service. Would never go in this place again. As a disabled person I feel I have been discriminated against and humiliated.

10  Thank claired0h
TeamYasemin, Owner at Yasemin Turkish & Greek BBQ Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Hi thanks for your review I can only apooliges but I have tried everything to make you happy from complimentary drink and dessert but not been able reach your expectation. Am sorry your felt discriminated but my daughter is disable ( autistic) and I would anyway never do that. Time to time we hold a event for charities who supports disable people and we have a belly dancing event e every last Saturday of the month which some of the profit goes to my daughter Yasemins charitie she supports ! Please this is very public online feedback site where people put their true experience. Let's just not abuse that ! Hope to see you again.