Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Chas

Parking fiasco

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Mar 2024
Hotel accommodation was absolutely fine.

Parking was a fiasco. The website explains that the hotel "provide(s) a ticket machine located within the hotel which covers from 6pm until 9am the next day which is free for our guests".

When I arrived at approx 7pm, I checked in my vehicle using the hotel machine. When I checked out from the hotel at noon the next day, I couldn't work out how to pay for the period from when the free parking stopped to the time I was leaving, I.E. 9am-12pm. I found a member of hotel staff to ask how I could pay for the extra hours. Their response was to ask "Did you check the car back in at 9am?", I told them that I was in bed asleep at 9am, to which they replied that I had "probably got a ticket then". I returned to my car to find a parking ticket attached. I intended to check out at noon, and presumed that I would pay the 3 hours difference on the parking, yet somehow I was "checked out" of the car park at 9am by your voucher.

I enquired about parking when I arrived at the hotel, and was told to take a voucher. It would have taken no extra effort for the staff member to advise me that I would need to re-check in the car at 9am.

Had I known about this bizarre state of affairs, I would have simply paid for the parking in full from my time of arrival to my time of departure. The notion that I should have set an alarm to wake up in order to check my car into a car park it had never left is baffling.

So my stay cost me an unexpected £50 parking ticket, and to add insult to injury I somehow got charged £6.50 for the day I left when I was attempting to use the machine to pay for my parking.
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    £58
  • eDreams
4.7 miles from Premier Inn Wokingham Town Centre
View more hotels in Wokingham
All reviews multi storey poached eggs few minutes walk duty manager great stay meal deal budget hotel front of house great room comfortable stay car park rooms are clean cooked breakfast excellent hotel railway station air con night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2024

Good hotel and right in the middle of Wokingham so close to all restaurants & facilities. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and welcoming right from check in although most of the questions being asked was how you pay for the car park it was a bit of a nightmare.. the payment situation not the car park. The hotel room was very clean and smelt fresh especially the bed linen & pillows. Breakfast the next day was delicious, hot and just cooked but it plenty of choice if you wanted fruit, yogurt or cereal. I’d definitely recommend Premier Inn Wokingham and will most certainly stay there again.

Reviewed 11 March 2024

We have stayed here many times over the years and we continue to enjoy our stay here. This trip we stayed for 3 nights Friday 8 March to Monday 11 March. Check in was super swift as usual. We really like the security here. You need your room key to go to the lift area, then again to enter your floor then again to access your room.

We stayed in room 220, but we moved to 407 as some lights were not working and the bathroom extraction did not function. The manager moved us immediately. He said he had reported the problems and the room should not have been issued in the first place.

The rooms are all large with a lovely comfy bed. You never hear any real noise, despite the hotel being next to a roundabout. TV with plenty of channels. Hairdryer, kettle and tea/coffee, which you can top up from reception. Bedside cabinets. Plenty of storage. There is usually a sofa that converts into a bed.

The bathroom is a good size and the shower excellent.

One real advantage here is the closeness to the shops and restaurants. There's an Aldi next door and lots of bars and restaurants within a few minutes stroll. There's a gym, swimming pool opposite and a cinema around the corner. Nothing is far.

There is lots of parking in the multi story opposite, but beware I got a parking ticket this time. If you leave your car overnight and check into the car park from the hotel ticket machine then it is free from 18:00 to 09:00 ie 15 hours free. You will be automatically checked out at 09:00, so need to check in again by 09:00. Reception will explain it all. Unfortunately I checked into the car park in the car park and it is only free overnight from 10:00 to 06:00. So you are automatically checked out at 06:00. So beware.

Other than the parking issue, which was my fault, we had a great stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2024

I like to have instant access to fresh, outside air, but the window in my room could not be opened at all. I've never in me entire life stayed in a hotel with such. The window was simply a large piece of glass. Sort of like a prison. When I sleep I particularly like to have fresh, cool air, but that was impossible. I won't be staying at a Premier Inn again because of this.

Reviewed 25 February 2024

Location is good on the edge of the town centre, easily accessible. Inviting lighting around the perimeter facade made it easy to spot. Quiet and clean inside. Chocolates at reception! Friendly staff. Clean rooms with all basic amenities you would expect. Kettle for hot drinks, TV, Aircon, hair dryer. Lovely Monsoon shower. Great breakfast spread.

Date of stay: February 2024
Reviewed 21 February 2024

What a wonderful hotel! I was greeted by a young girl Alexandra at the reception, everything was exactly as it should be. The room was clean . In the evening I went down to the restaurant , I order a pizza made by the chef Claudio , it was delicious. I will definitely stay here in Wokingham when I come back!

Date of stay: February 2024