“They gave us wonderful memories of our wedding day!”

Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Berkshire, United Kingdom
“They gave us wonderful memories of our wedding day!”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at St annes on August 3rd 2013. We stayed in total 4 nights and a lot of guests stayed for one or two nights! Overall the staff were brilliant. There were a few problems here and there nothing that affected our wedding but the staff sorted it without any hesitation! Sian the events coordinator and Steve where fantastic. All our guests had the best day and so did we.
We recently came back for an overnight stay near Christmas and again we had no problems at all. Food was lovely during all of the stays even though it was quite expensive.
My only comment would be that some of the rooms could do with a makeover and the manor room we had for the honeymoon night was lovely but the bathroom was in desperate need of re doing also being that it is used for honeymoon suite the bathroom could of had something extra like jacuzzi in it!
St Annes Manor holds special memories of our wedding day and we will continue to return as much as possible!

• Stayed August 2013
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your review on this website - I was delighted to read your comments and glad to have you visit us again after your wedding in August. We are aware of the bathroom in the room you mentioned and this is on our project for this year!

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to St Anne's again sometime in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed over the weekend of our daughters wedding. Had a family party the night before the big day and all the staff were very helpful and made us all have a very relaxed evening. Several members of our family used the spa facilities which helped the nerves of the bride to be. Altogether a very relaxed time which helped us all have a very happy and memorable weekend. I would certainly recommend this hotel for other family gatherings

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website - Delighted to read your comments & I hope you enjoyed your daughters big day! My congragulations to the happy couple!

Thank you for your comments regarding the staff, I'm pleased they were able to help you to relax building up to the wedding.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to St Anne's Manor again soon.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed for one night, arriving rather late. This was the first time we had used this Hilton and where greeted by name on arrival. Up graded to a recently refurb room which was of a high standard. The staff in the restaurant where very attentive and pleasant and the food was very good. The breakfast was cooked to order as they where not busy, excellent poached eggs cooked to perfection and tasty bright orange yokes. The cappuccino decoration was a work of art and the barista was happy to demonstrate his techniques to us. All the staff were very pleasant. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for such a positive review! Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, glad you found the staff attentive and pleasant.

I do hope you visit us again soon.

London
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

New Year's Eve dinner & dance with overnight stay was very good. New year's dinner was excellent even though there was at least 120 diners. Entertainment was very good finishing at 1.30 am. Accomodation of a high standard having been refurbished very recently. All round great value.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deltranet
Thank you for your review on this website - Delighted to read your comments, glad you enjoyed your New Year's Eve with us!

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor, hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

west berkshire
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We went to the hotel today for lunch, the food was so poor that some of our party had to ask for it to be replaced, which they apologised for, and agreed to replace it, the replacement food was no better, so we were asked if we would like to choose something else off the menu, which we did, that was only just acceptable, but we felt we could be there all day if we waited for edible food, what was worrying they just accepted the complaints as though they were use to getting complaints.
I would like to say that the staff were very polite and apologised and said that they were having a lot of complaints lately.
We had the cheese board to finish, as we felt it would be difficult for them to spoil that, it was ok but extremely small portions.
At approximately £28 per head, well very basic coffee is £4.50 per cup, it was all very poor value and an experience I would never want again.
It seems that they just want business people having meetings, that is all on expenses , so they feel they can get away with poor quality food.
I certainly would not recommend this place to eat, let alone stay there.
Dreadful experience and not a place to meet up with friends you have seen for a time

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank WestBerkshireRon
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website, I was naturally concerned to read your comments - we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations - please accept our apologies.

I do hope that despite your disappointment we are able to welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

london
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I've left this hotel with very nice memories after it was for a memorable occasion!.

Booking was swift, thanks to Ellie who helped me sort out the rooms, making sure we were all close together.

Staff was excellent! one of the best I've seen in terms of staff going out their way to make things right for you.

Afternoon Tea/Lunch was served nicely, French waiter very good. Just a little salad sandwiches would have helped, maybe some more tuna for vegetarians. Lovely conservatory seating area.

Spa was nice, and the size is normal as part of a hotel. Steam room would hjave helped with some dim lighting.

Dinner was good. Mohammed went up and above out expectations. He made sure we were happy with everything and alays willing to help. Definitely made a difference to our stay. Very positive I'd say :)

Breakfast was excellent!

The downside was it was cold in the rooms, but due to the other factors being so strong , I decided to give it a 5 * rating.

Service was fast if anything was required to your rooms.

I'll def come back gain.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for such a positive feedback! I was delighted to read your comments regarding the staff & I glad you had a lovely hen's stay.

I do hope you return to St Anne's Manor with fond memories soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Better than my previous stay (the previous Christmas) but still needs improvement....

The hotel does NOT manage the (not very many) Disabled Parking Spaces - arrived in the early hours of the morning to find that all of the Disabled Parking Spaces were taken, but only one of them by a car with a blue badge. When I asked the night manager if he was going to put 'Please move your car' notes onto the erroneously parked cars, he said that he was not able to. The Night Manager, who was otherwise excellent (much better than the chap the previous year), did offer to let me park right outside reception instead.

General individual human service and room-service-breakfast were excellent

I spend more than a hundred nights in business hotels every year (the downside of my job) so I like 'country-house' style hotels for being more relaxed, and as places where I can have a lie-in (eg not rushing off to a meeting or to get a flight). Unfortunately this hotel had not split the locations of rooms for families with children, vs the locations of rooms for adult guests. Got woken up every morning at 6.30am by screaming children (can't blame the children, it was Christmas.....). (Unfortunately also got woken up on Christmas morning at 6am by the couple next door having a screaming row - obviously this is not the fault of the hotel....). Unfortunately many of these 'Christmas Guests' have no idea how to behave in hotels, so there where long and LOUD conversations in the corridors every morning at 7am - noisy mothers and children waking up everybody else in that part of the hotel (because the parents were too stupid/arrogant to consider that they might be disturbing others)

The room had french windows so I could smoke just outside the room in the garden - chilly, but appreciated(!), as the hotel no longer has any smoking rooms

The room was a little tired, and the desk had a terrible case of the wobbles, and I was worried that it would collapse when I put my laptop on it - certainly far too rickety to be able to write on it.

Room was generally clean - except that I had to rinse out the bath on the first morning as it was full of hair.

Didn't get to try out the (not very large) swimming pool as I was suffering from sleep deprivation (see above)

Check-out was extremely slow, and the hotel did not seem to be adequately staffed for this (though having said this, saw lots of staff walking around having conversations with each other, and ignoring the guests). Tried for 45 minutes to call reception (from phone in room) to ask for someone to help me with my luggage - the phone was constantly engaged. Finally, I called the hotel's external line (from my mobile) and the phone got answered! (I did wonder if they had taken their internal phones off the hook)

Felt very sorry for the two girls on reception doing check-out, as they were snowed under with guests, whilst 'manager-types' just walked around having conversations with each other - certainly the hotel needs to focus more on the guests

Finally - had a few little things on my bill (newspapers, etc) that I probably shouldn't have been charged for (as am Hilton Honours Diamond), but after the huge delays in checking out, I just wanted to get out of there

Conclusion: better than the previous year's Christmas (I stay at this hotel as my sister's house is just down the road) but still not as good as it should be for a hotel of this type/cost

Room Tip: If you are a smoker you can have a room with French Windows onto the gardens, these rooms have a lit...