“Without doubt the worst hotel i have ever stayed in !!!!”

Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
BELFAST, United Kingdom
“Without doubt the worst hotel i have ever stayed in !!!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

To put things in context.......... 1st i am a frequent traveller staying of average between 2-3 nights per week in hotels and secondly i am a loyal Hilton Honors member - which made this review somewhat difficult to write.

Bearing these 2 points in mind i think i'm qualified to compare hotels and also compare standards from one Hilton to the next.

Hilton St Anne's Manor............. where do i start. I have stayed maybe 4-5 times (only because i have to with work) and have NEVER enjoyed it.

1st time - no heating in room, phone did not work so i could no order room service, when i did manage to get room service, then order was wrong + the room was in the old wing which is dirty, smelly and reminds me of a "no star" guest house.

2nd time - Room service issues again, another old room (which is VASTLY overpriced) for what it is and a liesure complex in need of serious refurb. Machines in gym look and feel like they are from 1970/80s.

3rd time - didn't chance room service, so went to the restaurant. What a mistake - food is very average but is central London prices. Very disappointed.

4th time - Hilton cancelled my booking at 4pm and rebooked me + 4 colleagues into some sort of conference hotel in Old Windsor. Frankly this wasn't a great place either, but i was glad really and somewhat relieved.

Summary - Hilton St Anne's. Only if i REALLY, REALLY have to.......

Room Tip: Sorry i don't have one.............. is there any good hotels in this hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Philip D
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and am truly sorry your stay was so disappointing. This is not the experience we want any of our guests to endure, when you are next in the hotel I urge you to make contact with one of our managers to ensure your stay is the relaxing, hassle free experience you would expect.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed In the St Anne's Manor Hotel between the 3rd and the 6th October 2013, as part of a deal with the Legoland Resort. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds, myself, my wife and my 3 year old son.

firstly the (many) good points:

The hotel is relatively easy to get to, and is set in beautiful grounds. the building interior and reception area looks stunning. We arrived in the late evening with a cranky toddler but check in was smooth and professional. Our room was absolutely fantastic. comfortable, clean, spacious. the "balcony" was really small but that's trivial. As a place to simply drop your bags and go out all day, I could not reccomend this place enough.

now, the not so great points:

wow. the restaurant is...insanely expensive. everybody knows that hotel room service is a rip off anywhere you go in the world but this place is just astronomical. Because we arrived late and we were not familiar with the area we decided to get a meal delivered to the room (the restaurant was closed) and it came close to £80 if i remember correctly for basically 2 portions of fish and chips, a side order of spicy chips for our son, 2 soft drinks and 2 desserts.

there is a Tesco within a 20 minutes drive i would advise you buy all snacks and drinks from there. after the first night we made the road trip into windsor where there is a much better selection of restaurants to dine. I particularly enjoyed the lebanese restaurant near windsor castle.

the second negative really is me just nitpicking. the bathroom door somehow became wedged to the tiles so wouldn't open or close. when we rang reception they came personally within minutes with a handyman to have a look, even though this was around 10 at night. I like how quick to respond they were and how keen they were to be helpful.

Breakfast was fine. food was fresh, service was snappy. it gets REALLY busy so there is a bit of a wait but the food variety and quality is exactly what you hope for.

there's a sort of a jungle jim thing in the grounds for kids to play on too, so its good if you have a little kid that wants to burn off some steam.

the "indoor activity area" is just a corner where they store toys, and nearby a nintendo wii connected to a tv. its really not as great as they make out online, but there are toys/ boardgames for your kids to play if you want to take things back to your room.

the TV was acceptable, standard hilton interface, we watched a few movies after paying for the day rate for family movie package. good selection of kids movies, think it costs around £10 for a 24 hour movie package.

there was a problem with my card at checkout, in that somebody had somehow managed to remove almost £1000 from my bank accounts over night. i spoke to reception and we made arrangements for me to pay at a later date once i was sent a new card etc. they didn't make me feel like a loser or act awkward/ snobby towards me at all, and i appreciate that because I can see how it would have looked to them.

Overall, if you are going to legoland or need to stay in the area, i would recommend here. service is fantastic, staff are super friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable and its close enough to everything you need.

drawbacks are just that the restaurant will cost you more than your house and theres minor little random things that no one can really control so i dont know why i am mentioning them.

didnt get a chance to try out the Spa.

definitely reccomend!

1 Thank WanderingManc_12
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed view, we welcome all feedback from our guests as this enables us to assess the standard of our facilities and service we offer.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and would be happy to recommend us to others.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here in May when it was just fabulous- beautiful room with a lovely view of the grounds. This time on arrival we were asked if wanted to pay to upgrade to a "newly refurbished luxury room" We agreed to up grade however our room was exactly the same decor and layout as last time but with a view of the swimming pool roof and the air conditioning unit right outside our window (not very pretty). I also went to the bathroom to find hairs on the floor sticking to my feet. There was only one easy chair to sit on even though it was a double room. The hotel also no longer had Sky TV which was a big disappointment for my husband and our friends as they wanted to watch a football match. The lounge area of the hotel was impossibly warm. (too unpleasant to linger) We also had a ridiculously long wait for a table at breakfast, only to find that they had run out of bacon, eggs, scrambled eggs and tomatoes, so had to wait again.
In all poor for a hotel of this caliber .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boltonlass0602
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I am sorry you felt that your stay this time was not as good as your previous visit, I would also like to apologise that your room was not up to the high standard as expected.

I do hope you enjoyed your stay and despite your disappointment on this occasion you will return again sometime in the future.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had a mini spa break with my daughter last week and I dealt with Danielle from the booking stage right through to our stay. She took everything on board that was requested and really looked after us and made us feel as if we were the only guests to look after! We had a couple of beauty treatments and all the staff there were very helpful and friendly. We would certainly go back again!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
I know I won't be the only one delighted to read your comments on your recent stay. Danielle is one of our many stars at St Anne's and will have taken great delight in looking after you and your daughter throughout your stay.

Thank you for choosing to stay & we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely weekend here as a family with two children, the hotel was very clean and tidy, staff very helpful and friendly, we had a large family room and also requested a travel cot. Food was lovely in the restaurant and can recommend the Sirloin steaks, cooked to perfection. Breakfast was also very good, all food fresh and huge selection. Pool area very clean and warm enough for our 9week old baby's first swim. Will be returning in the future :-)

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mrs Duncan, thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments, as I know the staff here at St Anne's Manor will also be.

I do hope you are planning on returning again soon. Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business - be sure and ask for a refurbished room as they are very nicely appointed. The breakfast buffet is excellent and everything is fresh. Staff were charming & attentive ..... definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the trouble of posting a review on this website - Really pleased to read your positive comments - Thank you!

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

bedfordshire
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Me and my sister stayed here for a well earned spa break and had a fabulous time. The staff went out of their way to ensure you had everything you needed and were so friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is lovely, so clean and tidy and welcoming. We had an amazing time and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your very positive review! Delighted to read your comments, naturally pleased that you & your sister enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!