“Home from home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

A good room for a family with 2 young children. Very we'll trained staff - very attentive and helpful. Good swimming pool - large and airy. Restaurant good - I would go for the bar menu and the children ate for free. Finally has two good tennis courts. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
"Home from Home" this is exactly how we want all our guests to feel! I was delighted to read your comments, thank you!

Please don't stay away too long!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I would have loved to give this hotel more than a 3* as some of it was perfect!

The Pro's:
Fast check in
Wonderful staff
Warmest pool i've ever been in
Lovely food
Beautiful Surroundings
Great Park for kids
Lovely and quiet

The Cons:
Rooms need a serious bit of TLC. We changed our first room as the window would not close properly which left an open gap.

There were holes, marks, tired looking decor in both rooms that we went and slept in.

My dad paid for a luxury plus room but again the decor was very tired.

The paintwork etc in the bar/restaurant also needed some TLC.

If only the decor could have some TLC, this hotel would have been 5*.

Still it was an excellent location to visit Legoland

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sam C
Thank you for posting such a detailed review on this website! Your feedback is truly appreciated and I will pick up on the points you have mentioned.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Nice enough hotel, but do NOT eat in the restaurant - the food is overpriced, the portions tiny. my wife had the duck breast which came with one halved potato, and I could count the amount of chips I got with my steak on one hand. The kids buffet was not refreshed often enough and the service was inattentive to the point of rudeness. Steer well clear.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read your comments regarding the restaurant, this clearly isn't how we wish any of our guests to feel whilst dining with us, we encourage all our guests to contact any member of staff should they have a problem or require anything further during their stay with us, this ensures all guests leave us happy.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment caused on this occasion.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was part of our legoland package.
After a very long day at the park we arrive at the hotel about half 6. Tired and Hungry. Super swift check in we were advised on the restaurant times leisure club times and other hotel info from the very friendly receptionist the children were given goodie bags (it's always very nice when your Children are made to feel welcome too.) We found our Room it was beautiful lovely view of the grounds and everything we needed.
We dumped the bags and went down for Dinner the Restaurant was very nice. We all had the 3 course Buffet loads of choice and all very tasty. After Dinner we went back to our Room for a much needed rest a peaceful night was had by all. My Husband and children went for a morning swim and left me to relax in the bath :)
Breakfast was yummy and just what we needed to keep us going for day Two at legoland.
I would love to return to the hotel when we had more time to relax and explore the grounds. Fantastic Family Break.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review on this website. Delighted to read your comment and pleased you and your family enjoyed their stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor, hope you return again soon.

England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Hotel is very good but House Keeping leaves a lot to be desired. I found the toilet had been used on my arrival and not even flushed. This was I believe a one off and was dealt with speedily and to my satisfaction.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. Apologies about the initial problem, glad this was sorted out quickly, definitely a one off!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor , we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Farnsfield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Staying here for 5 nights with work. 5 nights. Why do I do this to myself? Well, first impressions of the Hilton at St Annes Manor in Wokingham provide a clue. The postcode is sat nav accurate. The entrance is well lit and parking is close by to reception and easy to find. All sounds obvious, don't it, but you'd be surprised. It's late when I arrive and I've been driving for an age so I'm in another bad mood. The check-in girl is brutally, efficiently disarming and quickly tells me my room bill is all paid and sorts me out a suite in a quiet corner of the hotel. Buckhurst, I think it's called.

Pool/Gym/Restaurant seem to be open all the time. I was expecting a bland golf resort for some reason (maybe the website doesn't capture the character of the place), but that's not what this place is. It's a beautiful old country house that's been extended well, set in mature gardens with a lot of character.

Since it was a late arrival, I had a quick curry in the bar, did some writing (fast, free wifi) then went to bed. The room is big and clean. The bed is one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in for some time. The bathroom is crisp, big, full of towels. The shower isn't perfect but it isn't bad enough to complain. I'd have liked a walk in shower in a room of this size. The mirror steams up.

My room has a balcony (!) and for a nice change, the view isn't the M42/25/1, instead you get a classic English country woodland. Had to go outside just to check it wasn't painted on the outside of the glass. Nice touch, it wasn't.

What are they playing in the breakfast room! Maybe need to get a new CD to listen to in here. The breakfast music is my least favourite aspect of the stay so far. The same dodgy extended house mixes played on to accompany my every evening working in the restaurant. Get a new CD!

Monday - meal was good tonight. Pheasant, then cheese & biscuits. They were actual biscuits, though, like fat little digestives. I don't want to taste the thing, it's just a scoop for the cheese. Better cheese biscuits, please. Also, don't be just chucking massive lumps of whatever cheese on a tray. You need to present it right, it's not classy to just give me a load of it. Give me just the right amount. No, I don't know exactly what the "right amount" is - that's your problem and why you charge a tenner for it. And, I need space to create little cheesy variations, move it around, get to know it. Plate was too small for doing that. Good knife, though.

Tuesday - Duck tonight. Blinding. Ask for a side of steamed vegetables which aren't on the menu but you get loads which is good since the main portions are pretty small.

I'm not going to bore you with the food I had every night. The lamb was the highlight, really excellent. The waitresses were top tier, really got the friendliness and welcoming without being intrusive thing down to a fine art. Sometimes, it's really quiet and you'll be the only person in the restaurant/pool. Sometimes, it's full and you won't even get in the sauna. Either way, fine with me.

The changing rooms are good but the showers could be better in there. The gym is well equipped and welcoming. The pool is big enough to swim lengths easily and it's partitioned so half of it is for lane swimming. Nice. Good steam room/sauna. Good work.

This isn't the Hilton Kuala Lumpur. But it's not bad at all for London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alec B
Thank you for posting such a detailed review on this website, we do appreciate your observations and opinions as they enable us to ensure we are offering our guests the high standard of product and service they expect.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with St Anne's manor and I do hope it will not be too soon until your next vist.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had an excellent stay at this hotel which I booked as a Spa Break for my fiancee birthday. The hotel and the facilities were superb and exceeded my expectations of what I was expecting. Would definately recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time and trouble of posting a review on this website. I was delighted that you wanted to celebrate your fiancee's birthday with a Spa break at St Anne's Manor, I'm pleased we lived up to your expectations!

I do hope you will return again soon.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10
Royal Berkshire Hotel
Royal Berkshire Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sunninghill

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!