“Superb wedding venue”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Kyrenia
“Superb wedding venue”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently attended a wedding here and also stayed the night.
Excellent service from start to finish. Fabulous food at the wedding, the reception and breakfast.
Really helpful staff who couldn't do enough for the wedding party. Mark the deputy manager went the extra mile to ensure everything ran smoothly.
The room was recently refurbished to a very high standard but the loo lacked a brush!
Would happily return there and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a one stop wedding venue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Delighted to read your review - thank you! I'm sure Mark was more than happy to help!

Glad you enjoyed your stay, I do hope you will return again to use all the facilities we have on offer.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, just to relax, as one of us is a Hilton member and we had an offer. The location was good and the hotel has beautiful gardens with a really nice backdrop for parties or wedding photos. The hotel is not too far from town, although Bracknell could be said to be rather boring. Not much there really. We had a deluxe room, which was quite a walk away,but which we found to be quite nice. The bed was comfy although the pillows really were awful - much too soft - and there were no spares in the room. Thank goodness I'd brought my own! Sort that out please! Our room was clean and modern and the bathroom was very nice, with a big walk in shower. I like that there was also a proper hairdryer in the room - not those stupid tied on things where you also have to hold down the on/off button whilst drying hair! We really wanted to use the spa area but everytime we went to have a look the pool was busy and the jacuzzi was always full of people on hen parties etc and they never seemed to get out! This should be monitored so that others can use it too. There is a nice bar and terrace area where you can also sit outside or in the conservatory. We found the staff to be very polite and friendly, especially in the restaurant. The dinner buffet was not bad, with a large choice of food for all. The breakfast, although finding a freshly prepared table was not so easy, was one of the best I've had in a hotel and was of good quality and plentiful. No running out of eggs for a change! And it was not a bun fight when we went either, so I enjoyed the dignity of that. It's horrid when everyone is fighting over food and there are queues. We got wi-fi with no problem so that was very handy. We'd go back for a relaxing weekend, although it does get noisy in the outside the rooms after 9.00am (cleaners and clients are not very considerate!) and some of the walls seem to be quite thin. All in all though, we were rather impressed and enjoyed out stay. Ps, car park can get busy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review on this website. With reference to the spare pillows please forgive us we normally have spaces in the wardrobe, this I will get check out!

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, I do hope you will return again soon.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

After using this site for a while this is the first time I've felt compelled to write my own review. Sadly its not for good reasons. Four of us stayed here for one night, Saturday to Sunday, as part of a package deal including afternoon tea, spa treatment, dinner and breakfast.

We booked to have our afternoon tea on the Saturday as we arrived. We were held up due to traffic and phoned ahead to let them know which wasn't a problem. We sat down in the restaurant at 2.45pm and were only one of 2 others tables of people at the time. 50 minutes later we still had no food. Considering its just some sandwiches and cakes this seemed like a ridiculous amount of time to wait. We had our treatments booked at 4pm! We asked if it would be much longer only to be told rather rudely (by Gabriel) that 'yes, it would be some time' and then told the order at which the tables were being served (we were first in the list by the way!! Not sure why we needed to be told the order though). I think the main issue was they appeared to be trying to get canapes out for a wedding at the same time but I would expect a hotel of this calibre to able to deal with this and their normal guests adequately. Eventually I went to reception to get our room keys to save time whilst we waited and bumped into the hotel manager. He was very friendly and went to do what he could. He also offered us a free bottle of wine with our evening meal which was nice.

Eventually our food came out (it was ok. The cakes seemed bought as opposed to homemade) but we only really had 10min to wolf it down and run to our rooms to dump our stuff before going to the spa for our pre-booked treatments. Sadly even with rushing we were then 10min late to our appointments which meant our 25min massage had to be cut down to 10min. Not the spa's fault as they obviously had people booked after us and couldn't delay everybody. Frustrating though as we chose this package specifically because of the treatments being a girly pamper weekend. We used the rest of the facilities after which were nice enough. Pool was full of children which made it pretty busy but not too bad.

Dinner in the same restaurant that evening was not much better. Thank god for our free bottle from the manager or we may have ended up severely dehydrated!! Apart from when food was brought to our table no one came to check if we needed any more drinks. I had to ask 3 times alone for a jug of water. We would have spent more money on drinks if they'd been more attentive! Food was ok but as we had the package deal we had a smaller menu and the portions were fairly slim. £8 supplement for a steak and about 10 chips!! After dinner we went to the bar for a much needed drink. After waiting 5 min for a barman to become free he then promptly served a couple who walked straight up to the bar as opposed to us who had been sitting there patiently!

Breakfast in the morning, same restaurant, same unfriendly/rudeness from Gabriel. We had to give our room numbers and then wait for a table to become available. I have never been to a hotel where you have to wait 10 min for a breakfast table!! The barman did tell us there were 2 weddings in the hotel and 280 booked for breakfast! Not a huge problem waiting but after all the other problems it was a bit frustrating. The breakfast was typical buffet style and quite nice.

We did speak to the deputy manager when we were checking out who was very apologetic but didn't offer us much in terms of compensation. We obviously didn't want any food or drink as we were just leaving and frankly had enough of the restaurant by then! The staff (bar Gabriel) are all very nice and the ones on reception were fantastic. Sadly the restaurant/bar staff could really do with a course on customer experience and be far more attentive. Perhaps mid week or when there are no weddings its much better but I still think a Hilton should be well versed in busy weekends. The hotel itself and grounds are very nice from what we saw. We shall not be returning though.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room. I'm not sure what was deluxe about it compared to others as I didn't...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. I was sorry to read your comments and you were disappointed with your stay with us. The recent bank holiday weekend was extremely busy and I would like to offer our apologies that you were not offered the normal high level of service we pride ourselves on. We always endeavour to ensure all our guests leave us happy, unfortunately it would appear on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. I would like to apologies once again for this.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent location, good service, lovely grounds. Was there for a wedding. Bar prices very expensive though. Only missed out on a 5 star rating due to poor WIFI access signal, and long wait for breakfast (not due to lack of tables, but due to slow clearing of vacated tables)
Would stay there again, though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for posting a review on this website. Delighted to read your comments and pleased your enjoyed your visit to us.

I do hope you will return again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I really don't like leaving bad reviews but when a whole night is spent hugging a toilet bowl being violently sick I simply must.
The delux room (201) was less than delux. I don't mind a traditional looking room but the dirty net curtains which were falling off the curtain track coupled by the heavy curtains which when closed were not sufficient at keeping the light out. The antique looking wardrobe would not stay shut and the bathroom remained cold even though the towel rail was so hot it smelt as though the towels were burning!
For dinner I chose from the buffet and had the tomato soup to start followed by steamed rice, stir fried vegetables, some steamed veg and roast potatoes. Being a vegan other than a plain salad that was all I could eat. In all honesty the food didn't taste bad but by 1:00 the following morning I knew things were far from ok. I was violently sick with diarrhoea until 4:30!
It was the most horrendous ordeal and I continued to feel nauseous throughout the day. I did report the this to the duty manager who took a description of what I had eaten and promised to investigate and get back to me. I asked him what else on the menu was suitable for a vegan to eat and he again said he would get back to me. I have now returned home with no information.
No compensation was offered.
Breakfast the following morning was a shambles as by 9:30 there were no more eggs on bank holiday weekend! The day before they had run out of mushrooms at breakfast but when I stated that I was vegan and there wasn't much more that I could eat for breakfast the waitress did find a small saucer of mushrooms for me to eat of which I was grateful, though my husband would have liked some and I imagine many of the guests.

Needless to say I would not recommend this hotel nor would I stay here again. As a small aside, it costs £14 per day to access internet here! Completely outrageous as most 4star hotels would never dream of charging for this. Another hideous offering by the Hilton Group. Why are they still in business?

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scerene W
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments - . we have been incontact at hotel base.

With reference to internet access this this free in our lounge, bar and public areas.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have stayed at this Hilton just for one night. The building and area is really lovely. Good parking situation. And the location is really interesting: only 30 min from London, 15 min from Heathrow, 10 min from Windsor/Eton/Ascot. Service was ok, not really Hilton standard, but not bad. Maybe just not the perfect day of the reception girl. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Audi241
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

After a short stay at Hilton St Annes, having made full use of the excellent amenities, I returned home to realise that I had left some clothing at the hotel. I called and was told that they would get back to me once the clothing had been found. Within 30 minutes Emma had called me, having located the clothing and priced up the cost of returning them. She demonstrated and supported Hilton's remit of putting the customer first, somthing that was in evidence throughout my stay. If you have to stay in Bracknell, St Annes would be my recommendation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review on this website. Delighted to read you and your belonging have been re-united! Thank you for your comments regarding Emma, I know how pleased she will be that you have mentioned her by name!

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Cantley House Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wokingham
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!