“Great place to relax”

Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Hilton St. Anne’s Manor, Bracknell is a stunning hotel set in a beautiful country house in 25 acres of grounds.
Heathrow Airport is conveniently located just 30 minutes away, and the hotel is ideally positioned for travelers wishing to visit some of Bracknell’s greatest attractions, including LEGOLAND® Windsor and Windsor Castle.
This hotel also has free wifi
Swim laps in the 14-meter indoor swimming pool, take an aqua aerobics class, or relax in the whirlpool. Visit the LivingWell Health Club and work out at the gym, fully-equipped with cardiovascular equipment and weights. Take a break after your work-out in the steam room or sauna. Pamper yourself in The Escape Spa, or explore the local area and play a few rounds of golf on the nearby course. Savor classic British cuisine in the hotel’s Omnia Restaurant which offers garden views and dishes such as fillet of sea bass and trio of lamb.
The food is very good as is the service.
Very convenient to the local towns which have a lot to offer, yes close to the main roads to get to the main cities.
The staff are very helpful and know the area very well so can be of great help.
The dinning is very good
Enjoy garden views and bright daylight in this Bracknell restaurant. Feast on classic British cuisine like Trio of Lamb or Fillet of Seabass prepared by our award-winning chef. Hilton St Anne's Manor guests enjoy the traditional atmosphere, soft lighting and intimate booths, perfect for a romantic dinner or a family celebration.
Over all a very good place to relax and to get away, when you need to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for posting such a detailed review on this website - I was delighted to read your positive comments and that you enjoyed the facilities we had to offer. St Anne's is certainly ideally located and offers peaceful grounds to relax in.

Thank you for choosing to stay and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,857)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were placed in one of the manor rooms to begin with, when we entered the room we realised that every time we walked across the room the wardrobe door banged (It was missing a magnet to hold it in place), in addition the ventilation sounded like someone was tapping on the wall. The paint was peeling from the 70's bathroom and the decor was not great. However when we complained we were immediately transferred to one of the recently renovated rooms which was chic and well done out. Now we were in a nice room we ordered from the room service menu, pizza and a steak for my wife. It was promptly delivered and we tucked in. Unfortunately the pizza I ordered was bland and was nothing to write home about. My wife (a steak lover) was also disappointed as the steak was grisly. For the price we paid for the room service food it was poor. The only plus side to the stay was the incredibly helpful, cheery and friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website, after your initial start I was pleased to read that your room was changed and you were satisfied with the new one! I do apologise that your meal not up to your expecatations.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again sometime in the future.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's manor.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I think I have been spoilt by some amazing afternoon teas in the last few years so this was very average. There was two or three sandwiches, a scone with jam and cream and a couple of cakes per person for £12. There was no replenishing of anything including tea which was just the one small pot of English breakfast tea per person.

Not terrible but nothing to write home about!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan C

Thank you for posting a review on this website, I was naturally concerned to read your comments and I would like to offer my apologies that your afternoon was not up to the high standard you expected.

I do hope you will give us another try when I am sure we will deliver!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Had a spa day here today. Had swedish massage which for an extra £10 I could have the hot rocks. Had these elsewhere and knew how lovely they are.
Had a facial, eye firming treatment and scalp massage. Absolute bargain for £45 through Travelzoo.
Afternoon tea was also included in the deal.

Jessica who did my treatment was very nice and informative. She made me feel pampered.
The receptionist at the spa was however quite unfriendly I felt.

After my treatment I enjoy afternoon tea in the bar area overlooking the garden.
Fantastic !
The service at the bar was very friendly and helpful. John was very nice.

For an extra £5 I was allowed to use the pool, whirpool and steam room which was all very enjoyable.

Overall a great day. Great experience. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: June 2014
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your review, I was delighted to read your comments on your 'lovely treat', thank you for your comments regarding the staff, especially John, who I know will be delighted to learn he made a difference to your stay!

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I received a great welcome when checking in, the receptionist was warm, friendly and chatty. A great start.

There was a wedding reception on during my stay but I was told at check in that my room was quite a distance from it so I wouldn't be able to hear the music. I was pleased to find that was indeed the case and my room was nice and quiet. The room itself was a really good size with a massive bed. It was clean and tidy.

Often when I stay in hotels I have to do some work in the evening so I was really pleased to find that the free internet access was nice and quick. I was able to get done what I needed nice and quickly.

I slept quite well, I never sleep well the first night in a strange bed.

The shower was a surprise, really powerful and able to maintain a constant temperature. Not something I can say about most of the hotels I stay in.

Unfortunately though the breakfast was terrible, absolutely awful in fact. I went for breakfast at a busy time so I knew I would have a wait to be seated but I didn't like the way the staff made eye contact with me whilst I was waiting at the counter and then ignored me. Eventually I got someone to show me to a table. I wasn't asked if I wanted tea or coffee so I went to get coffee from the buffet area, they have a bean to cup machine but the coffee it produced was undrinkable! The coffee beans had been burnt and the resultant drink was bitter and acrid to the point where I took 1 sip and left the rest. I've never been so thankful for the sachet of instant in my room!

So awful coffee out of the way I went to get some food. The scrambled eggs were like rubber, fried eggs were rock solid and the bacon tasted horrid. It tasted something between smoked and unsmoked bacon but it didn't taste like it had been smoke, it tasted like it had been painted with liquid smoke, the same crap that is used for cheap smoked haddock. There was no black pudding either.

I gave up at this point and went back to my room for a cup of instant coffee.

Will I stay here again? Probably, but I won't eat that horrible breakfast again. There's a greasy spoon a short way up the road into Wokingham which does a much, much better job.

It's a shame that the breakfast was so poor as I was really happy with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul E

Thank you for your detailed review, I am sorry your breakfast was not up to our high standard, this is not the image we wish to leave with our guests.

On a more positive note - I am pleased that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and the staff were tentative. I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again sometime in the future so that you can experience what a Hilton breakfast should be like!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at St Anne's for one night. We were both impressed by the beautiful room, we were upgraded by the hotel. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was amazing, a full on buffet with everything you could want. The indoor swimming pool and sauna made our stay all the nicer by letting us use the facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments and pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Spa break with old friend. One receptionist (Sam) went the extra mile; spa treatment wonderful, couldn't get in pool for kids (half-term), food wonderful but we were on inclusive meal and nobody came to ask if we wanted to pay extra for third. After over an hr someone came and offered us coffee...room and bathroom lovely BUT in the early hours of the morning I stretched down with my foot and found a pair of manky bedsocks in my bed! In spite of having to wait for the room to be done they clearly had not stripped the bed. Receptionist (not Sam) seemed only slightly surprised when I handed her the socks, but not much of an apology.
In the morning I had to chase our tea up as we had clearly been forgotten.Unfortunately this is one particular hotel we will not be returning to.

Room Tip: 247 a very nice room - if the sheets are changed!