“1 Night Stay”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
southampton, United Kingdom
“1 Night Stay”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We returned to this hotel after a stay with our children. the service was good and the room was lovley and confortable. would recommend as a place to stay with either family or as a couple. near Windsor so about 20mins journey in the car and your there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Very expensive stay in a hotel that's in very bad decorative order and dirty rooms , bar prices expensive ,overall not a pleasant stay.
Staff, generally ok , however no assistance with baggage available , food poor, limited TV channels in room on a very date old TV . Would not recommend , nothing more than an over priced travel lodge not what you expect for the Hilton brand !

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Tim P
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your review on this website, I was naturally concerned to read your comments and am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Any guests experiencing problems during their stay we encourage them to contact us whilst in house so that we can resolve any issues they may have.

I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

Headley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister and I booked a spa deal at the hotel for a long weekend. After reading some of the reviews, we weren't sure what to expect. However we were pleasantly surprised and felt that overall the weekend was value for money. The room was pretty and clean, staff were friendly and the hotel grounds were pretty. We had a 2 course meal included in our deal and also felt the food was good. The breakfast was good quality and there was a good selection.

The only negatives (which are few) is that our room had not been cleaned after a full day at the spa/pool so we had to call up the reception to get someone to come around. It was a hassle as we had hoped to relax in the room before getting ready for dinner.

Secondly, and this is very much down to personal preference but as the hotel has this spa deal, you have a mix of weird and wonderful people. The pool was okay but the room quickly got noisy when the pool filled up and the steam room and the sauna is very small so you had to nip in their quickly before they filled up.

Overall we were happy with the hotel. The staff were very accommodating and friendly which is very important to me. The room was clean and the food was good. I don't think I would book the hotel for the spa necessarily but I would go back to the hotel if I needed to stop over in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time and trouble of posting a review on this website.I am pleased that you found the staff very accommodating and friendly. We do try to offer value for money, St Anne's Manor has many facilities to offer guests and I am pleased you enjoyed these.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We decided we should try & get away before our 2nd child was born, chose this as nice & local, would go back for the pampering and for the attention the staff give, a little pricey but well worth a visit. Very popular for weddings so the Friday & Saturday nights get busy

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for posting a review on this website - great idea to have an overnight pamper before your 2nd child, glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will return again.

andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very popular and busy hotel. Staff very helpful, buffet dinner was ok for the price could have been fresher. Breakfast buffet great value and plenty of choice. Bar was good but expensive and they did also have children running around which wasn't great when you wanted a nice romantic weekend away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review on this website. St Anne's is a very popular location for weddings and families especially in the summer months due to the lovely grounds & facilities. The staff here go out of their way to ensure all guests enjoy their stay with us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's & I do hope you will visit again soon.

Avon, CT
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I arrived early from Heathrow (taxi arranged through hotel for 50 pounds, met me at the exit of baggage...very helpful). I was given a room, but it turned out to be occupied, but not showing up on the computer. Jana at the front desk was very helpful and set me up with a temporary room to catch a nap and shower after my flight. Temporary because it was above my class of service that I had booked.

The room was in the older Manor section. Avoid these rooms. It was quite shabby and was definitely not a good first impression and a bit scary considering it was supposed to be a higher level (or at least that's how I understood it). I must have stayed in the same manor room with the missing wardrobe door magnet as one of the previous reviewers, lol....truly annoying. Paint peeling on the bathroom walls, worn carpets, furniture, and fixtures. Room had a tub/shower combo. Barring that, it had a lovely view over the back lawn of the hotel (very nice) and a very comfortable bed. Fell asleep to the sound of birds chirping.

Moved in the afternoon to a renovated room in the more modern wing. Newly and nicely done. Small fridge, iron, ironing board. Closet is a bit tight if you are here a while. Bathroom has a large sink vanity that my wife would enjoy for getting ready in the AM. Drawback for me was a shower only room. I have back problems and like a hot soak to loosen up. Not sure if all the entry level double rooms are shower only....was too tired to ask. Room was air conditioned. NIce flat screen tv on the wall., Plenty of outlets. 110V shaver slot in the bathroom.

Did dinner in the bar. A pretty full menu served there. You can sit outdoors or in the conservatory area, which was quite nice....BUT...all the furniture was too uncomfortable to sit and eat in. They had these wingback chairs pulled up to some higher round tables...you sunk in the chair and the table was at chin height, lol. Some sofa/coffee table combos, but the sofas were so deep you were sitting forward hunched over to eat your food. Burger, salad, beer, and a warm chocolate cake (pudding)...about 30 pounds (expensive). No complaints, friendly service. Breakfast buffet was great. Full English, meats, cheeses, yogurts cereals. Can’t remember the cost, sorry.

If you are not driving, I don't think the hotel is too convenient to the local area. Its a 2.5 mile walk to the center of the High Street in Wokingham. Might have to taxi there to catch a meal someplace different during the rest of my stay.
Gym and pool area spotless.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank biztrav123
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review on this website. Although you had a couple of negative points the majority of your stay you enjoyed. We have started to offer bedrooms without baths in the bathrooms as this was what many of our travelling guest asked for. We still do have baths in many of our rooms and this is something we will always keep.

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We were a group of friends and all I can say is "FABULOS"all the staff is great the food is outstanding,breakfast is one of the best I have seen in the island, the hospitality was beiond expectation!! They also have a great park and tennis and football courts.The prices are more than ok for what they offer and I can wait to go back to this wonderfull Resort!:)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your great feedback! I like the FABULOS discription of St Anne's - Thank you!

I do hope you have the opportunity to visit England again sometime in the future and if you do I hope you will visit us!!

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Cantley House Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wokingham
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!