“Quiet and Calm Home Away from Home”

Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed here for a week while in the Wokingham area on business, and after a very hectic week in central London this place was like a calm oasis in the country. It really does look like the picture, and the settings are magnificent. The grounds are huge and set in what looks like the middle of a forest, but with very neatly manicured grounds. That really provided the peaceful aura for my stay.

I stayed in one of the wings, in an older somewhat dated, but larger and very clean room. I preferred having the extra room, especially after having spent a week in a very small hotel room. It was good to actually walk around the building outside to get to the bar/restaurant area, and spend a few minutes strolling the grounds which were nice and peaceful.

I had breakfast each morning in the main restaurant, and dinner all but one evening in the Omnia bar. Food was pretty good in both places, standard English breakfast plus a nice spread of breads, fruit, pastries, and beverages each morning, and then the menu selection for dinner was pretty diverse - pub food mainly, but with some nice options for the health-conscious or very hungry customer. Prices were not too high, you could get a decent dinner for 15 pounds or less (although there were more expensive options). Presentation was good, and staff in both places were really friendly and seemed very intent on making sure you enjoyed your meal and everything was attended to as needed.

The front desk staff were always willing to help with whatever you needed, although some may want to take the private conversations back to the office where they couldn't be overheard. Any issues, no matter how slight were immediately attended to, and housekeeping staff did a great job with any requests - really appreciated how quickly and completely they attended to my few requests. There is also a very large and well-equipped fitness center and pool area on site - the fitness center has all kinds of free weights, and many more machines than at the typical hotel. The areas were kept very clean throughout my stay as well, that was nice to see.

The rates are pretty decent here - you do need transportation to get anywhere, there were only a couple of restaurants within walking distance - but other than that, it's a good deal and may be worth it to stay here and cab or drive where you need to go. It's an 8 pound taxi to or from the Wokingham train station, and probably 5 or 6 to get you into the middle of town. That's it - a few minor nits, but I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Looks to be a great place for families as well with plenty of room in the "back yard" and playscape apparatus out back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the "outskirts" of the hotel are larger but somewhat dated; rooms near the center...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review on this website. Your description of St Anne's Manor was prefect! We try to ensure each and every guest feels home from home when staying with us and I'm delighted this was how you felt!

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,882)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay, Staff very friendly and helpful, very very clean place, Nice and quiet, Close to Windsor Castle and other attractions. Grounds Lovely, We attended a wedding there The staff did a great job and were very helpful and friendly

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review on this website - I was delighted to read your comments - We want all our guests to leave St Anne's Manor feeling very happy and I was pleased to read that you did!

I hope you enjoyed the wedding and perhaps you will visit us again soon?

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Spend one night here with friends (another couple) after a days racing at Ascot. Hotel is set in lovely grounds, enabling you to have a woodland walk without leaving the hotels land. The room was very modern, well decorated and slick, which I loved. We ate dinner in the bar area, food was good and service was fairly quick. Breakfast was good, plentiful and fresh with good service again. I will definitely be staying in this hotel again if I am returning to the area. Only thing I would point out is when we asked reception to call a taxi we ended up with an unmetered car that was doing 60mph in a 40mph zone and charged us £25 for 6 miles! I did complain to the hotel upon my return but they didn't seem too interested. Overall a very nice hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review on this website. It was a pleasure to read your comments. I would however like to clarify that we DO NOT use any unmetered cars as we take the security and safety of all our guests very seriously indeed.

Thank you for choosing to stay and St Anne's Manor, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was initially concerned about some of the negative reviews. We were upgraded to deluxe rooms which were very comfortable. No concerns at all. We had a buffet evening meal which was good and breakfast was fine. No complaints. A good stay. We didn't have time to use the spa so can't make any comment. Reception was very friendly as were all staff. We would return if in the area again.

Room Tip: Deluxe room - great shower
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your overnight stay very much, and that you had not concerns at all! This is exactly how we want all our guests to feel on departure.

I look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was the first time I have visited this hotel and was initially impressed, but was quite disappointed with the whole experience. On arrival we were kept waiting in the health club until one of the beauty therapists shouted over and asked if she could help. We replied we were there for a spa day to which she responded, you need to come over here! Slightly rude...
We went for a drink in the bar where I was asked to pay £1.75 for a glass of soda water - normally soda water is free...
When we had afternoon tea the cakes were nothing in comparison to the coloured brochure advertising fresh cream cakes - we had the equivalent to Morrison's mini chocolate brownies and a mini size square of fruit cake. Whilst eating tea the umbrella at out table came out and blew across the patio knocking over other tables and chairs.
We then decided to go for a swim and found the jacuzzi out of action and a boiling hot hose pipe pumping water into the pool. The ladies showers were also very poor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JillOwen63

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. I was naturally concerned to read your comments and would like to offer my apologies that your afternoon tea was not the enjoyable experience that you were expecting on this occasion. We want all our guests to leave St Anne's feeling special and I am sorry this did not happen for you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here with a colleague and was highly satisfied with the upgraded room and food on the restaurant. The food in the restaurant was of high quality and the service equally so. The only reason I have not awarded top marks is because my full quota of Hilton points has not been awarded due to an error and I am having to open a case with Hiltonhhonors to get them awarded.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I was really pleased to read your positive comments on the hotel and service. The hotel is indeed located in quite woodlands however has easy access to M4 & M3. I am sure the error with your Hilton Honors points will have be resolved by the time you have read this responce.

Thank you for choosing to stay with St Anne's & we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed there one night only on a short business trip in the region. The place is very nice and comfortable, mixing the typical British "old fashion" style to the modernity required by Hilton standards (I had a chance of having one of the newly refurbished rooms - 200+). Breakfast was perfect and overall a very good stay. I'll surely come back.

Room Tip: TRy and get the newly refurbished rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website. I was delighted to read your comments and pleased you enjoyed your stay. I really do hope you are able to return again soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Stirrups Country House Hotel
6 mi away
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
Best Western Plus Reading Moat House Hotel

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!