The hotel meets the standards you may expect of a Hilton, but may require management's attention to improve some areas:
1. Staff was correct friendly, but without warmth or showing dedication to do more
2. Room was advertised as a spacious family room, but turned out to be a standard sized room with two relatively small double beds (140 wide). This caused some restless nights as turning had to be done on the spot to avoid falling out of the bed or pushing my wife off the other side.
3. After showering there was a strong urine smell in the room. We mentioned this to the staff and they said they would get someone to do something about it, but we never got feedback and the smell was there each morning after showering.
4. Bar service was poor. At an outside table, even after confirmation they would serve us, nobody showed up to serve. Inside in clear view of the bar it took >20 mins to get noticed by the bartender (rather than the seemingly unmotivated waiters).
5. Quality of the restaurant/dinner was standard, but at high hotel prices; i.e. for GBP 22,- I expect more than a a standard piece of meat, a few fries and one tomato.
Was it all bad? Of course not. As stated, it meets the Hilton standard in comfort and is probably good for the business traveller.More