“Excellent experience”

Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Although this was just an overnight stay, I would be more than happy to stay again and for longer. The service and quality of food was excellent, as was the location. Clean room, comfortable bed, good size bathroom and much quieter than other hotels I've stayed in. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for your postive review - It is always a pleasure to read guests' feedback especially when they found St Anne's Manor to be an excellent experience! Delighted to also read you would looking to stay for longer next time.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor, I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We were looking for a place to stay for the RMAS Commissioning Ball for 4 adults, we found this on the internet through a price comparison site and were shocked to discover it would only be £20 each! Lovely location, very quiet and modern, cleanliness in room was fab and there was enough room to sleep 5 in very comfy beds. Would recommend and stay in again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for posting a review on this website - I was delighted to read your comments and pleased you found St Anne's to be brilliant value!

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a night in this Hotel as part of a package with thorpe park for mine and husbands wedding anniversary. We arrived at the hotel for 10pm only to be told they did not have a room for us!! They had no explanation for this and no one had contacted me. I booked the room 3 weeks before hand, all going through fine. All I can think was someone more important was given our room at the last minute. We were offered s free meal but as it had gone ten we couldnt even have that, do we drove 3 miles back down the road to the hotel we had been moved to!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hazz192

Thank you for your view on this website, I am sorry that your room was not available on arrival, we were able to accommodate you at a hotel very close to St Anne's Manor. I do hope this did not spoil your anniversary and you were able to enjoy your stay together.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We booked Hilton St Anne's back in February via the Legoland Holidays website as a combined mini-honeymoon and family trip, and paid a very reasonable price for our package.

Our check-in was quick and the family room we were allocated in the Buckhurst Suite was the perfect size for a family with two small children (3&5). Everything was immaculately presented. The hotel as a whole has lovely relaxed atmosphere and it is clear they are well prepared to having children ambling around the place. The garden and play area are fantastic. Our children also enjoyed their check in packs and it kept them occupied while we got settled into the room before going to the bar and lounge. The gym and pool areas were fantastic, having managed to use them during my stay.

That said, there were a few issues.

Firstly, we weren't advised that there was a separate menu for children that was available before the buffet. It left us with two unhappy children, but I cannot fault how quickly the issue was resolved with the very understanding Duty Manager, and in the end, it didn't spoil our enjoyment of the evening.

The second niggle came in the form that there wasn't much in the way of complimentary refreshments for the kids in our room. While me and my husband had a cup of tea, there was nothing for the children. I would have liked to have seen a couple of cartons of juice in the room or at least two extra glasses so they could have water. As it was, there was two cups and a single glass in the bathroom.

The final niggle was that we're not sure the advertised 15% off all food and beverages were taken off our bill. When I enquired about this at check out, I was told it could only be done at time of purchase in the bar and could not be resolved at checkout. I'm disappointed that I don't know whether or not this discount was applied.

However, overall, it is an enjoyable stay and I would recommend it to anyone considering it as part of a Legoland Package as it is nice to get away from the park to the hotel and relax in quieter circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your visiting to St Anne's Manor back in February, I was delighted to read your comments and equally pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you & your family back again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

10 of us stayed here overnight after a wonderful day at Ascot. We did ask the hotel if we could have one room earlier than check-in and the reception duly obliged . Breakfast was good with plenty of choice although we did gave to wait for some produce. Rooms comfy, but could do with a good spring clean and spruce up.

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this website - I was pleased to read your comments regarding your 'Good overnight stay', I am glad we were able to offer you an earlier check in as this clearly helped assisting you and your party to get ready for Ascot. I do hope you were lucky at the races?

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor - I do hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

If you are a vegetarian I would recommend that you check exactly what will be on offer on the Sunday brunch menu. Pre-packed babybel and prepacked matchbox sized cheddar or scrambled egg didn't seem acceptable at such a large chain of hotels. Very embarrassing with a vegetarian guest. On the plus side lots of choice for the non veges and the children were able to eat whatever they wanted and great gardens to play in. I gave feedback to the waiter immediately so I did feel I was being fair to the hotel and my daughter in law was given a free cappuccino. I also asked the kitchen staff to point out the vege option in case we'd missed something but it was the soup and the things mentioned above, on reflection I wonder why they didn't offer to whip up a cheese omelette. Loads of great salad and bread though, but the protein option seemed a little lacking. I've tried to be fair and give feedback to the hotel via their very complicated e mail system but only an electronic response so far.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on this website, I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the lack of choice of vegetarian options, our chef is more than happy to cater for an individual requests - I am sorry this did not happen on this occasion.

I was pleased to read your comments regarding menu options for non-vegetarians.

Thank you for visiting St Anne's Manor. Please feel free to contact the hotel prior to any future visiting for dining options.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times in the past, but the last time was a few years ago and we were naturally concerned that the standards may have deteriorated. There was no need to worry, it is as good as ever (althought a little different). We stayed in one of the premium rooms in the old 'Manor' part of the hotel. The room was spacious and just fine, the bed was very comfortable and the garden view from the window was very pleasant. We ate at the hotel for both nights of our stay and the food was excellent. The thing that makes this hotel so special, is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They are just brilliant. Every member of staff that we came into contact with was friendly, helpful and patient. Nothing seemed too much trouble. That includes the deputy manager who we bumped into a number of times. This has to be one of our favourite hotels, if not the favourite. The top tip for this hotel is to go for a garden view room, but be careful if you book a room over the bar, it can get a bit noisy if they have a group of people celebrating. One other thing to mention, if you are a member of Gourmet Society, you get a 50% reduction on your food bill in the restaurant!! You have to tell them this before eating.

Room Tip: Go for a garden view room, if you can