“A Weekend to remember”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Wokingham
London, United Kingdom
“A Weekend to remember”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stay for 2 nights at the St Ann's Manor, with our 2 grandchildren ages 5 & 2 as we were visiting Legoland. We had a fantastic stay all the staff are very polite and always helpful. Check in was quick and service through out was superb, thank you for making out stay a great experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SergeRosendo, General Manager at Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
What a pleasure to read your review! I was delighted with your comments on a 'Weekend to Remember' - thank you.

I do hope you will return again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel is set in lovely grounds and is a lovely building. We had a problem with the TV AND WIFI. The only reason I booked this hotel was because it advertised childrens channels and wifi availble in ALL rooms, except ours it seems. We were there for 3 days and the problem was not resolved despite complaining about it everyday.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review - I am sorry you experienced problems with the internet connection during your stay, I am pleased to advise this has now been resolved.

The hotel has many facilities for families in doors and outside to keep children entertained should you wish to have a break from the TV.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor, I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back again soon.

rnstrk@btinternet.com
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Had a fantastic two day stay for a family wedding. Staff, food, value all exceeded expectations. Brilliant, thank you. Shame about the balconies being closed due to roof repairs, more likely to die from smoking than being injured by a falling tile, which were all netted off anyway.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review - I was pleased to read your comments, I do hope not being able to use the balcony wasn't too inconvenient - unfortunately we have to adhered to strict Heath & safety guidelines.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor.

Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed here as part of a Legoland break for one night. The room was enormous, clean and tidy. We arrived quite late after leaving Legoland so didn't really make use of any of the facilities, however we were a bit annoyed at the fact that we couldn't take the children in the pool after 7.30 for some reason, although it wasn't really explained why. We all slept really well in the extremely comfortable beds, then had a fantastic buffet breakfast from the many choices on offer. Overall I think this hotel was good value for money as part of our Legoland break.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review - I was pleased to read your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

St Anne's Manor has a LivingWell Spa with club members, we have found a comprise with hotel guests & club members and have adult times, this we have found suits most people. I am sorry your family we not able to use the pool.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back to St Anne's Manor again soon.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had to move out of our house while a bathroom renovation was begun. By using a well known website we were able to obtain 1 night at a discount rate, however a quick visit( we are local) soon secured 3 more nights at a very reasonable tariff. Front of house staff were very helpful and friendly.
The room was in the oldest part of the hotel, very large with a bay window and very high ceilings. The fixtures and fittings were of varying ages, but everything was present, correct and functioning. There was a very stange sound coming from the air conditioner, but otherwise a pretty good room with a comfy bed. All was not quite so good in the bathroon which can only be described at dated, tired and fairly grubby. There were stains on the walls by the mirror and a decent layer of dust and grime everywhere, not so nice unfortunately. Shower, toilet and basin all worked, no leaks or strange noises.
We did not try the eating facilities as there are many good to excellent places to eat in and around Wokingham and we chose to eat out each night, breakfasts were had at home. So I can't rate this feature.
The health club is small but everything worked and it wasn't crowded, it isn't a Virgin Gym but quite adequate for workouts while staying a few nights. The gym staff seemed a bit inexperienced, but keen enogh to help. We didn't make use of the pool or spa.
The Hotel seems to speialise in weekend events and it was VERY busy on Saturday and Sunday. If you want quiet then this isn't the time to stay here.
Overall this hotel offered us value for money, without being exceptional.

Room Tip: Wifi a bit weak all over the hotel Rooms in old part much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time and trouble of posting a review on this website - I do hope your bathroom renovation has been complete!

Thank you for your comments, St Anne's Manor is a very popular location and does get busy during weekends especially in the summer months.

I do hope you will visit us again for leisure this time.

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago for an Ascot trip so thought we could try it again this year. First impressions were great, clean & tidy with very polite staff. Check in was faultless & our room was great. We stayed in a Double Hilton Deluxe which was well proportioned with a comfy bed, good storage & a fantastic walk in rain shower. The condition of the room & the hotel is excellent & if this was what my review was solely based on I would be giving it 5*. However, the problem with this hotel lies within its food & beverage side.
Breakfast: Buffet, good selection of fresh fruit but the hot side let it down with the saltiest smoked bacon I have had the misfortune of tasting. I don’t mind smoked bacon but I’m sure 99% of their customers would prefer it unsmoked.
Dinner: Again buffet style with the option of a bar menu or ala carte. The buffet looked ok but for £25pp I think represented very poor value for money as did the ala carte with an 8oz rib-eye (served with a small Portobello mushroom & half a tomato) coming in at £24 with sides an extra £4 each. I wasn’t too hungry so opted for the Hilton Burger from the bar menu. I asked for the burger to be cooked a little pink & the waitress said that would be fine. What I was served however would have extracted water from the Sahara Desert. It was bone dry, over cooked & unseasoned. I would rather have eaten cardboard.
Bar: I know hotels hike their bar prices up, for what reason I don’t understand but this took the biscuit. 25ml measures between £4.10 & £6.10. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! On a £20 bottle of spirits you’re making a mark-up of between 500 & 900% Surely it would make better business sense to sell it at half that price & sell 3 times as much. There was a wedding reception taking place & I saw at least 7 people filling up glasses from bottles they had in their bags.
I have stayed in many Hilton’s but the food & beverage side of St Annes Manor is easily the worst.
Would I stay here again, absolutely because of the location, presentation & cleanliness of the hotel & the friendly staff but I will not be eating or drinking which is a shame because it has so much more to offer.

Room Tip: Double Hilton Deluxe
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your detailed review - I am pleased you found the staff polite and helpful, thank you also for your comments on our rooms and your check in experience.

On a down side I am sorry the buffet was not up to the normal high standard you would expect from a Hilton Hotel, please accept my apologies.

I should like you to choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor & I do hope you will return again sometime in the future.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stayed here on a spa break deal. Good points- great massage, amazing rainfall shower, mainly good staff, reasonable bar prices, upgraded room (nice touch). Bad points- dirty stained towels, dirty cutlery, no shower gel in the room (or coffee), no toilet paper in the toilets, laundry baskets blocking corridors, broken sauna, water pouring out of a light fitting in the gym, lots and lots of children running everywhere, staff appearing to struggle with the number of people staying in the hotel and my wife and I getting very ill after eating the evening buffet. The manager said the hotel would investigate this. I imagine he thought that I may have been making up having only four hours sleep and being violently ill. Be wary of this hotel and if you want them to believe their food has made you bad, actually go down and throw up in reception.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review - I was naturally concerned to read your comments, I pleased that we have been in contact and are resolving your issues at Hotel base.

Thank you for choosing to stay at St Anne's Manor

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton Bracknell
Cantley House Hotel
#7 of 12 in Wokingham
Stirrups Country House Hotel
Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa

Been to Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell? Share your experiences!