“BETTER MIDWEEK TO HAVE LUNCH”

Ye Olde Leathern Bottel
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in Wokingham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had lunch here today to celebrate my husbands birthday having had a poor Sunday lunch here approx 1 year ago. the food was very good as was the service. in fact we seemed to be the only people there, but to be fair it was quite early and a Monday I don,t think that I would come again on a Sunday as it would appear that there are still problems with staffing levels according to other reviews. I cannot give it 5 stars as the ambiance does not warrant it.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I came here with my girlfriend for our 1st anniversary dinner because it's where we first met. We had a great evening - the food was very tasty, served with just the right amount of time between courses. We were well looked after by Zoe. Good value for money too, with the free starter or pudding deal with certain main courses. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank ARR44
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Been to this pub many times, its a favourite when in the area. Has a lot of character and the Chef and Brewer menu is tasty.

2  Thank Jetsettingols
Reviewed 11 August 2014

On the positives, the menu is varied and the portions large. But there are too many things about this pub that put you off.

Long wait for Sunday lunch - over an hour, with no apology for the delay! Tables were sticky, loos needed regular inspections. We had to leave our table twice to find our waitress.

The ingredients were average - I ordered salad and the main salad ingredients were bland.
Won't be going back any time soon - come on Chef & Brewer, you can do better!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Called after hard days graft. Wife and I. Nice welcome. Pleasant efficient service and very nice meal. Just what we needed. Totally different to our last visit. Well done YOLB!