“Recommended”

Warneford Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wokingham
Warneford Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 8 Wokingham B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stay at the Warneford Guesthouse relatively frequently whilst working in the town. The owners are helpful and friendly, the house has a homely atmosphere, rooms are clean and comfortable, off road parking and a good cooked breakfast is included in the rates. On comparison to other guest houses and hotels in the region the Warneford seems like good value with alternatives being more expensive or of a lower standard.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was visiting family in the area and picked this B&B after reading all the great reviews. I'm pleased I did. I'm pretty picky but I can't fault the Warneford for comfort and value. My room was comfortable, spotlessly clean and with a fantastic shower. The breakfast was great and, when I needed help with directions in the morning, the owner happily drew me a map. I'll stay again and definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
england
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Last weekend I stayed at the Warneford guest house in Wokingham with my partner and daughter, to attend the happy event of my eldest daughter's wedding in this pretty town.
Although the rooms were clean, they were very sparse, not even a chest of drawers for our belongings.

We were disturbed at ll.OO pm by the owner screaming and shouting at my younger daughter, and hammering on her bedroom door, because she was using her hair dryer. She claimed the noise was "keeping her guests awake". She threatened, and indeed did go for her key to enter the bedroom. She was both out of control and totally out of order. The other guests who were staying - on my recommendation - were mainly guests at the wedding, and all agreed they were more alarmed by her screaming and hysterical behaviour, than the noise made by a small portable hair dryer.

We found this quite ironic as we were subsequently kept awake long into the night ourselves by LOUD TRAFFIC NOISE, THUNDERING LORRIES UP AND DOWN THE ROAD, TRAINS COMING AND GOING FROM THE STATION, NOISY PEOPLE IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING COMING OUT OF PUBS, in fact the only thing missing was a jumbo jet flying overhead!! - what a night, with a second one to follow! If it were not for the wedding the following day we would have checked out there and then and taken our chances of finding a Hotel where our business would have been more appreciated.

We cannot comment on the food, as we declined this service due to the fact that breakfast was from 7.00 am to 8.30 am, rather early for some-one on holiday.

Thank goodness I checked our reservations two days prior to going, as the owner had only booked us in for one night only, and not two nights, and accusingly requested in her arrogant manner "was I sure I had booked for two nights," as she had only reserved one night, and would have to "move people around" to accommodate us. I booked these reservations three months earlier, as it was an important date in my diary, my daughter's wedding.

So BE WARNED OF THE WARNEFORD. If you require a good night's sleep, and a friendly proprietor, DO NOT STAY AT THE WARNEFORD.

The unacceptable behaviour of the owner is not what you would expect from some-one trying to run a small business, particularly in the hospitality sector. Suffice to say, it put the damper on an otherwise wonderful weekend at my daughter's wedding.

When she reads this critique will she feel a little guilty? I suspect not.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank george-eric
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I needed somewhere to stay overnight whilst attending a conference, and booked in this B&B after reading reviews on TripAdvisor - it turned out to be an excellent decision! It's a family-run business, and you do get the sense of being welcomed into a family home, although there's no intrusiveness, just friendly warmth and a sense that happy people are living here.

My room was spotlessly clean and comfortable - decorated in a modern, stripped-back style (it could have done with a picture or two on the walls, maybe, just to soften it a bit, but that's a minor niggle). Breakfast was well cooked and tasty, in an airy and stylish room, and the owners couldn't have been more helpful - advising me on local places to eat and drink (the town centre is only a few minutes' walk away), and even lending me some deodorant when it turned out I'd forgotten mine.

All in all, a relaxed, comfortable stay, and highly recommended.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Helen M
Falmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I had to go to Wokingham for work and needed a place to stay, I saw the reviews on here and even though there is one very picky review oh here, I have to disagree. I stayed in the annex outback and it was perfect. Nice beds, tea and coffee, good shower, room cleaned daily, TV was tuned and had no problems, Wifi was fast and reliable, breakfast was really excellent and the hosts were very nice, talkative and gave me some good advice on local independent restaurants and bars. I would highly recommend Warneford House to anyone that is staying in Wokingham. It is about half way between the train station and the high street so it is never far to walk anywhere but just far enough for a nice walk in the morning.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room at the back for a bit more privacy, its also set far enough back from the roa...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank helstoned
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed here twice now for work, both one night stays. I have been in 2 different rooms and both were clean, spacious and comfortable. The owners are really friendly and this is obviously also their family home - if you want stuffy formality then this is not the place!

Negatives - slight train noise in some rooms, soundproofing not great so can hear some moving around, people arriving late, etc., although didn't disturb me. very soft bed might not suit everyone.

Positives - friendly, clean, good value, very soft bed, near station, walking distance to several pubs/restaurants, awesome shower, good breakfast - and early breakfast (7-8.30).

I'll be back every time I stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2012
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed while on a week long training course for work and it was fantastic with really friendly and genuine owners. My light, spacious and modern room was comfortable and had everything I needed including wifi, digital tv and kettle. Nice and close to the town center and the local leisure center which allows access to the gym without joining. Really can't fault anything about my stay there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wokingham
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Coppid Beech Hotel
Coppid Beech Hotel
#7 of 7 in Bracknell
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,004 reviews

Been to Warneford Guesthouse? Share your experiences!