“Best restaurant in Berkshire”
Review of Rossini

Rossini
Ranked #7 of 151 Restaurants in Wokingham
Price range: US$31 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We take pride and are passionate about serving home cooked Italian food. Family run for more than 2 decades and constantly modernising and updating our extensive wine lists, cocktail menus and food menus. All the staff at Rossini Restaurant wish you a pleasant dining experience with us. Buon appetito!
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I cannot speak highly enough of this restaurant. The staff are friendly and the food is amazing. The atmosphere and decor makes you feel like you are on holiday. We go here regularly and have never been disappointed. They do the best Carbonara ever. The dessert trolley is amazing too. This restaurant has been around for over 20 years and has managed to maintain its high standards throughout. Just to note you need to book in advance.

1  Thank Wokinghamtravellers

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We have lived in Wokingham for 3years and only just discovered this hidden gem. It was a lovely intimate experience. The service was excellent and the food was delicious, big portions, you won’t come out hungry. There was so much mains I had to take a doggy bag and it tasted just as delicious for lunch the next day! It’s great to go to an independent and support the local businesses.

1  Thank Nick B
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Simple value menu with some good choices but mine was not so well executed. My wife enjoyed her Pasta and Salmon, my Chicken was very tough. Pleasant place, good service. A bit old-fashioned but reasonable price.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Great food and service. We had an evening out with friends, so did not hold back on food and drink. All of the dishes were excellent, especially the chicken dishes. The staff are friendly and happy to help with choices. The prices are reasonable and we will b3 going back

1  Thank Terry O
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We went here on a Monday to celebrate our anniversary. I don't normally like the idea of paying restaurant money for Italian food, especially for pasta, as a similar result can be produced at home with a bit of effort. We made an exception in this case as my wife is a huge fan of Italian cuisine, and because it's a local family-run restaurant, a dying breed in some areas of the country taken over by chains. I love to be proved wrong about my doubts, and in this case they were crushed by a deliciously authentic trattoria style meal. For starters we shared the pumpkin and sausage pasta, hand-rolled pasta, Italian cured sausage in a creamy egg yolk based sauce similar to authentic carbonara (no dairy). The steak I had was one of the best I've had, the succulent thick cut of meat was cooked to perfection. Lovely wine and mushroom sauce, and came with vegetable and potato side dishes. I asked for the larger steak and wasn't disappointed. I've been to some places in London which are more expensive, with bigger reputations and haven't received food as good. My wife had the veal with a creamy sauce, once again this was excellent. Finally we shared a Pavlova for dessert, thick cream, light but chewy meringue, flavoured with a hint of spice and citrus. We go to Italy regularly so it was nice to get reminded of the food that we've experienced whilst we are there. The same focus on ingredients, simplicity and Italian pride seems to be present in this place in Wokingham so it's definitely worth a visit at some point even if you have to pay a little more for it.

3  Thank Julian W