“Noissy !!!”

Cote Brasserie - Wokingham
Ranked #13 of 150 Restaurants in Wokingham
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great food and attentive staff but we have never been in a restaurant where the acoustics are so bad - it was so bad that we wanted to be out of there as soon as we had finished our meal. I think it was quieter in the back, but avoid the front of the restaurant. Also be prepared to wait to get a booking - despite this being a chain restaurant, we had to wait the best part of two weeks

3  Thank davestat

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was looking forward to visiting Cote in Wokingham as I had already had a good dining experience at their restaurant in Windsor. I was not disappointed.
I dined with five others for a midweek lunch and we all chose from the 'fixed price' menu. The food was excellent...well cooked, and of a high standard for quality. One the party chose the minute steak (always slightly risky) and he commented on its tenderness. The portions are adequate but not huge and we happily went ahead and had a dessert each...the rich chocolate pot with creme fraiche being a firm favourite. The three course meal cost £13.90 each - a very reasonable price for such a good meal.
The service was very good; the staff being unhurried but not sluggish and attentive without being intrusive.
The room at the front of the building was rather noisy and I would recommend a table further back inside the restaurant.
Well done Cote...I look forward to visiting again

2  Thank Mgt1
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff were amazing there when you needed them but kept a discreet distance so weren't crowded.
We went in a big group and the food was amazing and added to our night.
The price is also very reasonable.
Highly recommend for any occasion as the way the restaurant is set up its suitable for big groups or romantic evenings.
Well done to all the staff and I look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Was very excited about trying the new Cote restaurant, however our 1st visit was very dissapointing!! We were approached by a female waitress, who was quite abrupt & not welcoming at all...seemed annoyed that we hadnt booked, even though it had just gone 5:30pm!! The same unhappy waitress then took my food order down wrong, even though she had actually repeated it back to me?!?! We were served by 3 different members of staff (we were only in there an hour) Food was very dissapointing... Mine incorrect, my colleagues' crepes overcooked & tasteless, where was the cheese? If you want a nice start to your weekend, don't go to Cote...

3  Thank Worldtravellerplush
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This is the second time this month I've been to lunch at Côte, both for business purposes, honest!
The building is huge and really spacious so even when it's busy you don't feel crammed in like you do at some of the other Wokingham restaurants! We were really impressed the 1st time we went but we went again this week for the 2nd time and although the starter of calamari I had was excellent and a huge portion the fish pie was watery and didn't taste anywhere near as nice as it has done a few weeks before when my colleague had it!
I don't like the added service charge, but it seems to be something a lot of restaurants are doing!!!