“Tasty local”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
UK
“Tasty local”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Went here recently with my wife. The menu is mostly Thai inspired although there are classic pub favourites. I started with whitebait, which were ok (not sure if the guts were removed). My wife had the dumplings, she said they were tasty. She had the pork belly for main and found the sweet and sour vegetables to be a bit weird. I had the Thai green curry which was good and spicy. We will definitely go back.

1 Thank Harribo45

Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very much a pub in terms of atmosphere and decor but service and above-average food make this more of a restaurant experience.
We sampled both Thia and more traditional disses between us - both very good, the thai dishes well spiced and nicely presented, steak cooked exactly as required and lovely chips! Required gluten-free and the waitress able to advise me on the suitablity of my choices - no problems there.
Service in general was lovely - friendly and attentive and efficient but not hurried.
Didn't sample pudding. Wine list not very interesting.
Would definitely recommend and certainly advise booking

• Visited July 2014
Reading
“Good pub food and great beers”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great to see a local pub being run well and always busy. On a warm summers evening they were full for food and had no room for walk ups past 7pm. Great selection of beers including Timothy Taylor which you don’t often see in the south. Plenty of outside seating too. They do a great calamari starter and I enjoyed my pork belly too. There are always some interesting specials chalked up above the bar.

Visited July 2014
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The atmosphere, service and food is excellent. Four of us went for dinner last weekend. We were offered a very varied menu along with the specials board so there is something for everyone including Thai dishes. We had a starter for two between the four of us, hoping that would leave enough room for a dessert after the main course - the starter was more than enough for the four of us. Main courses were fantastic! I had the calves liver and bacon served on bubble and squeak - I have to say it was one of the best calves liver dishes Ive had. The only down side was that we didn't have room for a dessert!! All in all a great restaurant and would recommend but be sure to book to avoid disappointment.

• Visited August 2014
“Great food/ service and beer”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have been to the bull a few times now - it is very busy so be sure to book - but the food and beer are exceptional.

Food is cooked to perfection/ delivered with a smile and without a long wait. They have also been very accommodating when dining with a little one.

• Visited July 2014