“Best Hampton Inn....ever”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I do believe you get a good quality with Hamptons in general. Most (ok, not all) are clean, kept up well, etc. This one is about two years all, so it is super nice. But what makes this hotel stand out from all the other Hamptons is their staff. Their front desk staff takes the time to really get to know their clients. I am by no means "a regular" there. I think I have only been there twice before, but recognized me, made me feel welcome and generally took care of me and anyone else who is a client there. I had to admit I was impressed by their care.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

From the above and beyond friendliness of the staff to the cleanliness of the rooms and lobby, this is probably hands down one of the best Hampton Inns we've stayed in in America and we've stayed in MANY.
Security guard at night but only served as a help- the area is very safe. Close to shopping and to several quaint small towns that border St Louis. Loved staying here and we will be back, guaranteed
15 -20 minutes from downtown, depending on traffic.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Best Hampton Inn we have ever stayed at. Very friendly staff, spotless accomodations and just an overall great place to stay. Staff recommended a great resturant and even had a copy of the menu for us to review. Will definately stay here again

Room Tip: King suite is awsome
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Reviewed this hotel earlier this year after a two night stay with excellent ratings. We decided to stay here again for one night while driving southwest on 10/25 and we still loved it! This hotel and their stafff is amazing! Everyone is so friendly and goes out of their way to be helpful. We arrived just in time for warm cookies and milk (8:00 p.m.) and the staff had the lobby fireplace lit, which was a warm welcome with the harsh cold weather change that took place that night. While we did not have a chance to use the pool, etc. our room was great, breakfast was great, staff was amazing and we wish all Hampton Inn's were this fantastic. We will continue to use this Hampton Inn when traveling. Great place to stay.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We came to St. Louis for a sporting event downtown and decided to stay in this hotel because of the Tripadvisor ratings. Yep, the ratings are right on! We prefer to stay at four and five star hotels when we travel for leisure/vacation, so we were simply expecting a good Hampton Inn. Wow! This place was remarkable! Greatly exceeded our expectations. One of the best hotels we've stayed in. Some five star hotels could get some pointers from this place! It's new, VERY CLEAN, quiet, and in a good location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and exceptionally clean with modern decor and lighting. Nice, comfortable beds, big clean bathroom and shower. New LG LCD Hi-Def TV with HD, a microwave, and a small fridge. Note: Ask for a DVD player at the front desk and they will gladly give it to you for no charge. A Schnuck's grocery store with a Redbox is just down the street along with a few restaurants which is handy. The hotel staff is amazing. Always friendly and willing to help out in any way. We asked for some ideas on dining and they handed us several menus with printed driving directions to numerous restaurants in the area. They have a hot breakfast in the morning which is included with the stay. We did not eat there so we can't give any reviews, but it looked more than acceptable. There is 24hr coffee and fresh cold ice water with lemons and cookies in the lobby. The hotel is right off I-55 and I-270 in south St. Louis County, easy to find. Once again, we were very pleased and will stay at this hotel whenever we stay in the St. Louis area. One note, we traveled as a couple on this trip with no children.

Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

Can't say enough about the friendly and attentive staff. We spent three nights in town for a wedding and are happy we picked this place to stay. Pool and hot tub very clean and well maintained. Small fridge and microwave in the room. The room price includes breakfast, which was very acceptable. The only criticism is the eggs could not really be described as scrambled, but more like dry round yellow lumps. There were enough other choices that I could overlook it.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We chose this hotel because of all the great reviews and did not really expect that it could be that good. It was. Like everyone says, the staff are just terrific. They were helpful, professional, and, above all, friendly. Every staff member we interacted with was great: front desk, breakfast area, maid, and even the pool man.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!