“Friendliest Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were greeted and made to feel welcome every day. They made sure the pool toys were at the pool for our kids in the evening. They had hot cookies and milk at 8 pm each night and the cookie hostess was so friendly--we never missed a night. We stayed for five nights and loved returning to the hotel each evening.

Thank Dave And Marlen... T
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that during your stay with us, you felt so welcomed each day and that you were able to enjoy the pool toys and fresh baked cookies. We hope that you will soon return to St. Louis and stay with us again.

Your Hampton Staff,

(314) 894-1900

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We travel throughout the country and usually stay at Hilton, Marriott, and on rare occasions Holiday Inn properties, and this Hampton takes the cake. The hotel received the chain's highest award for cleanliness in 2013 and it, in our view, deserves top honors. Every aspect of the hotel is clean and the hotel staff is the nicest, most accommodating we've seen in years. Truly tops...enjoy your evening cookies and milk!

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for you kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am so happy to hear that you feel we deserve top honors. We have an amazing housekeeping staff, and just in general, our staff truly has a heart for serving others. It is so nice to hear that you felt truly taken care of, and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Your Place to Stay in St. Louis,

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I choose this Hotel because it rates better than the Ritz, Four Seasons, Hyatt, Etc.. How can this be? This is a Hampton Inn. Do not be fooled this is not a luxury hotel, but it works better than one. This seems to be a newer hotel, it smells new, looks new and the staff thinks they work at the Waldorf (they really aim to please). We could not stay our entire visit here as they were booked part of our trip so we stayed at the more expensive Homewood Suites a few days later and it just did not compare. The Staff at the Hamptom really does a good job!!

1  Thank Milwaukee53217
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

THANK YOU! Wow, talk about a touching review. Thank you so much for your kind words and for the high praise. To say the least, your words have put a huge smile on all our faces, and warmed our hearts knowing that you felt this well taken care of during your visit. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to stay with us during your whole trip to St. Louis, but hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you visit again, and for as long as you want. Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and for your high praises.

Your Hampton Staff,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We almost always stay at Hampton Inns & this location is now one of our favorites! All of the staff are very friendly & helpful. The breakfast seemed a little better than the normal Hampton breakfast & the cookies & milk in the evening is a special treat! It's an easy on & off of I-55 & the front desk is very helpful with directions to local attractions. Very clean & we loved the walk in shower in the King room instead of the bathtub with shower in most hotel rooms!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scarsdale54
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your visit with others. It is great to hear that you enjoyed everything from our staff, to location, to our breakfast and cookie hour. We have amazing breakfast hostesses who work hard to keep everything as fresh as possible and fully stocked, so it is great to hear feedback for them. I am also glad that you enjoyed the shower set up in our King rooms. Our standard King rooms are our only rooms that have the walk in shower compared to the bath/shower combination, which has been a great surprise for many of our guests. We hope to see you again, and thank you again for you kind words.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at every type of hotel all over the nation for vacations and parts of Europe. I have never stayed at a hotel that I felt more at home and comfortable than I did here. The entire staff greets you when you walk by (including maintenance and cleaning staff), everyone is helpful, and willing to help. My husband and I stayed here for a "long weekend" vacation and had a small issue, I let the staff know and they took care of it immediately and were THANKFUL for me telling them. I am so impressed with them. The location is about 15-20 mins away from all the major locations, but it also means you're going to get a good/quiet nights sleep. Oh, and I almost forgot, house keeping leaves you these adorable notes every day.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank VLSO

WOW! Thank you so much for you kind words and for praising our staff. I am kind of speechless as to what to say other than thank you.

I am so happy that you felt at home and that you felt every member of our staff helped to make that experience possible for you. I am also happy that you found our location to be an easy drive to all of the major St. Louis attractions. We hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you again, and again, thank you.

Your St. Louis Hotel,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

There are very good reasons why this Hampton is rated so high. Convenient and clean with very friendly employees, this hotel should be a model for the Hilton Brand. The location, easy on and off I-55, makes this the go to place to stay if traveling near Saint Louis.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write a review. It is great to hear that you feel that we should be a model for the Hilton Brand, talk about a compliment. Thank you! I am glad that we were able to make your visit to St. Louis an excellent trip, and I hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This Hotel was absolutely EXCELLENT!!! My family and I stayed here for spring break and read reviewsprior to our that stated is was very clean, friendly and in a nice area. It is all that and MORE. The staff made us feel so welcome, the rooms very immaculate and we felt very safe and very much "at home here. Highly recommend!!!! A+++++++

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your rave review. It is great to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you found us to not only be friendly, but very clean. We have been recognized as one of the cleanest Hampton Inns worldwide, so it is great to hear that you felt that cleanliness. We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you and your family again.

Your A+++++ Hotel, :)

(314) 894-1900

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!