“Newer property with excellent service”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Illinois
“Newer property with excellent service”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a well-managed hotel with a friendly staff and very nice, clean rooms. I found the desk staff to really go above and beyond in being service oriented. Also, they had parking lot security at night which checked each entering vehicle, which was really nice since we had a carload full of things. I thought this was a very nice perk (by the way, it seems to be a very safe area regardless).

We had a free upgrade to a suite, due to them being out of the standard rooms. The small suites are extremely nice and stylish.

I liked every part of the stay with the exception of the first morning hearing people walking around continuously. I'm not sure why many of these newer hotels are built of wood frames. So, perhaps I would recommend trying to get a top floor room if you're staying here.

Room Tip: Request top floor to avoid sound from people walking above.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am so glad that you found everything to be top notch, from our staff, to security in the evenings, to our property maintenance, etc. I am sorry for the noise that you experienced during your stay. We do our best to monitor noise issues, so please never hesitate to let us know if you hear anything and we will do our best to take care of it for you, because we want you to have a great nights rest. :) We hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the near future.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

(314) 894-1900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Lebanon, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have stayed at this Hampton multiple times & EVERY time the service, rooms, etc., were wonderful. Recommend going to any Hampton Inn since they do honor their guarentee of clean rooms, good service & good people to match. They also have an wonderful breakfast area to get your day started.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind words and for continuing to stay with us. It is great to hear that time and time again you have truly enjoyed your stay at our property. Including everything from our staff, to the rooms, etc. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Your St. Louis Hampton Staff,

River Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel appears to be fairly new. It is well kept and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I stay at Hampton Inns for most of my travel for business and leisure. I highly recommend them for comfort, service and value and this one is exceptionally nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review. I am so glad that you found our hotel staff and property to be exceptional. We have been ranked for the past two years as the #1 Hampton Inn & Suites in the world, and it's so great to hear that you felt that kind of attentiveness. We hope to see you again, and thank you for always choosing to stay at Hampton Inn's.

Your Hampton Staff,

Milwaukee, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and found it to be a great value. The staff are friendly and helpful to everyone. The breakfasts offer enough variety to satisfy my family and the cookies are a great touch. We will likely stay here again when we return to St. Louis in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for returning to our hotel and for sharing your experiences. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoy visiting our property while in St. Louis. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Your Hampton Staff,

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My family of four stayed here for a short family trip. I chose this hotel because the price was much more reasonable compared to the downtown hotels, yet all the places we went to were a short drive away. All staff we encountered were very friendly and our room was clean and comfortable. The hot breakfast was good, which is always better than standard cereal and pastries. This hotel also had a nightly Cookies & Milk Happy Hour which my family loved going down to each evening. I will definitely stay here again when we return to St. Louis in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad that your family enjoyed your stay and that you found our rates and location to be great. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our cookie hour in the evening with our Cookie Ladies. What better way to end a night in St. Louis, right? :) We look forward to your next visit with us.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2014

As other reviewers have stated - a very good hotel. I love the cookies and cold milk in the evenings!

However it has some interesting quirkiness to it. For example, if you arrive late a night, there is a rickety barrier across the access road manned by some sort of an unfriendly security guard who demands your name and vehicle model and writes down your license plate. Only other places I have seen such a setup is in South East Asia. Very off-putting and unwelcoming!

Other unusual quirks. Both hotel elevators had large plastic wet-floor freestanding signs in the corner of the lifts for the entire duration of my stay. Why? Being greeted every time I passed reception - even if I passed by only 30 seconds before - quickly became annoying. In your face room key drop stands by the elevators at each floor and by the front door!

Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that our security in the evenings was unfriendly. We have since addressed the issue and your next experience with our security should be much friendlier. We are located in a great area, but we like to take as many precautions as possible. So, every evening we have a security guard that checks entering guest, just to ensure that people who are entering our lot are people who should be there. As far as the wet floor signs, I am sorry that they were a bother. Since we have tile in our elevators, and with our pool being used quite frequently, it is easy for those floors to become wet and very slippery. We try to mop the floor as much as possible, but we don't want to accidentally miss someone and have someone fall. I hope that I have been able to answer some of your questions, but if you do have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone else at our property at (314) 894-1900.

Hospitably,

Charleston, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff were attentive and sensitive to our situation, which was attending a funeral for a family member. They went well above and beyond anything we could have imagined to show that they cared for our welfare. They signed a condolence card with words of compassion. A top-notch experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank James R
Again, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that you have been able to spend some personal time with family and friends during this time. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. It is a blessing to hear that we were able to be a place of comfort during this time for your family. We hope to have the opportunity to see you and your family again in the future.

Many Blessings,

(314) 894-1900
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!