As a Hilton Honors member, my husband and I have stayed at a number of Hilton properties, including many Hampton Inns. This is a nice Hampton Inn, but we did experience some issues, which may or may not be issues for others. I had tried to book a standard king room, including calling the hotel directly, but there were no standard king rooms available, so I booked a standard room with two queen beds, checking the selection that the room I wanted was not available at booking and hoping a standard king room would be available at check-in. A standard king room was not available when my husband checked us in, but they upgraded us to a king studio suite, which was very nice of the desk clerk to do. However, it turns out the studio suites have some quirks the standard rooms do not. In the suites, the AC unit is on the living area / couch side of the room, and is separated from the sleeping / bed side of the room by a long desk unit, a set up which we discovered makes it harder to cool off the bed side of the room. The first night we ended up being too warm, so the second night we set the thermostat to 62 degrees to get the bed side of the room comfortable. Also, in the suites, the sink is outside the bathroom, which makes it difficult for the early riser to get ready without the light and sound disturbing the person still trying to sleep. There is a nightlight by the sink, but not in the bathroom, so if going into the bathroom during the night, one has to choose to turn on the bright bathroom light or close the door and be in darkness. A nightlight would be beneficial in the bathroom. We didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, so to speak, after being given an upgrade, but in retrospect, we likely would have been more comfortable in a standard room, even with queen beds instead of a king, just because of the AC and sink issues. Also, we could hear the occupant(s) of the room above us walking around while we were trying to sleep, which made us aware that any occupant(s) below us could hear us moving around. Additionally, the sodas we got from the vending machine had expiration dates from the beginning of May, and we were there at the end of the month. Although not a big deal, it did demonstrate that the vendor hadn't removed expired product. The staff was friendly, the hotel and our room appeared to be clean, and we had no issues with housekeeping. The suites are designed the way they are, and may not bother others, but it can be helpful to be aware of such things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 is located just outside of St. Louis with easy access to downtown. The hotel is located near Anheuser Busch Brewery, which offers tours and tastings daily. Guests can enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast each morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Louis/South i-55
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South i-55 Hotel Mehlville
- Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55 Saint Louis, MO