“Very Put Together”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 9 August 2014

At the last minute I was trying to find a hotel for an unexpected extra night on a business trip. I chose this hotel because of the TripAdvisor ratings. Frankly, I was a little suspicious that a Hampton Inn would have over 500 legit reviews—most of which rated the hotel as excellent. But, this Hampton Inn lived up to it. Very clean, very attentive staff. I think when they build these mid-range hotels they don’t spend much money to make them more soundproof and my room was a little noisy... Just people walking around above me, banging around, noisy people in the hallway, etc. But other than that, a great value. Would stay here again. Thanks.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I would first like to say thank you for giving our hotel a shot, and secondly thank you for sharing your experience with others. It is great to hear that you felt that we lived up to all the excellent reviews. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and mentioning the cleanliness of our hotel. We have been ranked as one of the cleanest Hampton Inn's worldwide, so it is great to hear that you felt that cleanliness. As for the noise disturbances during your visit, I am so sorry that you had to experience that. We do our best to monitor any noise issues, so please don't ever hesitate to give us a call so that we can check in on the situation. If there is any way that we can make that up to you, please don't hesitate to give me a call at (314) 894-1900. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

(314) 894-1900

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was the friendliest I have ever encountered and always eager to help. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We had two adjoining rooms, and both were immaculate. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your trip on TripAdvisor, and thank you so much for your compliments to our staff. We all love what we do here, and it's a great boost to morale to read reviews like yours. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were extremely pleased from the moment we arrived. Staff is super friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, breakfast changes every day is very tasty, and fresh baked cookies every night surely made it feel like home. 4th floor is secure and the elevator requires a room key to access, which I thought was wonderful. I've never been disappointed with a Hampton Inn but this property is at the top of the class. You truly need to look no further when deciding on a place to stay. Very easy access to the Interstate and no more than 15 minutes from downtown. Before our trip, I couldn't fathom that a hotel could have such overwhelmingly positive feedback, but I tell you now, seeing is believing. Book a room and take comfort in knowing your stay will be a fantastic one.

Room Tip: Though traffic noise was very minimal, we did hear a couple of sirens and a loud truck. You'd l...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. It is great to hear that you felt that we lived up to the other reviews and that from the moment you arrived that you were extremely pleased. I am glad that you enjoyed our 4th floor extra security. It's kind of gives a fun VIP feeling, but the rooms are the same on every floor. We hope that we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Hampton Inn,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the staff at the front desk to the breakfast staff to the cleaning staff everyone makes this stay an amazing experience! very clean! This is the perfect place to stay when in ST. Louis. You can't go wrong!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonI55, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you feel that your stay was the best that you have ever experienced. I mean... Wow, what a great compliment. Thank you. Also, thank you for your compliments to our staff. I know they appreciate it. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Best Hotel I have ever stayed at, and I have stayed at some fancy Hotels. Service, facility, location, could not have been better. If anyone I know is going to St Louis, I will highly recommend this Hampton Inn. In fact, not just recommend, but, insist they stay there, because I don't think they will find a better place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Wow, thank you! We love hearing feedback from our guests, but especially guests who travel a lot. Thank you for all of your compliments and for sharing your experience with others. We hope we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Your St. Louis Place to Stay,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

After a terrible trip in may 2014 at another hotel...i was reluctant to travel. This hotel is an amazing value. Fabulous staff that was helpful in every way. Helped me with my previous concerns of travel. Helped with directions of the area. Helped with suggestions of places to see. I could go on and on. In my 40 years of travel...they are the best. (Compared to high end and low end hotels) All staff from cleaning people all the way to management..happy , friendly and knowledgeable. Staff alone deserves 5 stars. Great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014

First, I want to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Secondly, I want to say how great it is to hear that we were able to help ease any concerns of yours when it comes to traveling. We always want our guest to feel like they are staying at a home away from home, and it is great to hear that you felt so well taken care of. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The standard for service and quality for a hotel has been raised considerably since staying here. Although I arrived late I was greeted warmly and tended to and made sure I was comfortable. All of the staff (all) are courteous, attentive. I love Linda the cookie lady. I am used to finding crumbs in the cookie tray at other hotels if arriving after 6, but no, she is just getting started and baking fresh cookies late into the evening with a large pitcher of cold milk ready to go with these hot cookies. If cookies aren't your thing then the room should be. The bed is better than it should be, the work space is the best designed yet and the bath area is clean, perfectly maintained. This one is a 10 for sure.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

WOW! :) Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time out to share your experience. I know Linda would appreciate that you mentioned her by name, and I will be sure to share this with her. Again, thank you, and we hope to see you again.

(314) 894-1900

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!