“Great staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 26 August 2014

In town on business for a week. The location was Ideal as my work took me right next to the brewery. Lots of restaurants around, all that good stuff. What really made it great was the staff. Everyone was so nice. Every night this wonderful older lady served freshly baked cookies and milk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I just stayed at the Hampton Inn St Louis South I-55 this past Thursday, 8/21 and Friday, 8/22. Unfortunately, we were in town for my mom's funeral. I was blown away by a sympathy card left under our door the morning of check out signed by all of the staff, personalizing the card with references to my mom's passing...truly going above and beyond what anyone needed to do. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff amazing...

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was a very fine experience, the hotel is newer, about 4 years old, which means everything is in really good shape - furnishings, bed, carpet, bathrooms, lobby, etc. The bathroom itself is somewhat plain, but is decorated nice and super clean. The continental breakfast is decent enough, but needed some bacon. The eggs and sausage were average, everything else was fine. The hotel itself is probably more geared toward the business traveler over the family stay, although there were families there and seemed to enjoy themselves. The cookies, coffee and lemon water in the lobby were great! The Best part was the staff - super friendly and very professional - top notch. They all deserve to be commended for their service. Thank you for making me feel welcome there and not just another number.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn St. Louis South I-55 for 2 nights on a Saturday and Sunday night. We were in town for the Packers-Rams Preseason football game (we are die-hard Packers fans from WI!) and needed a place to stay. A lot of the luxury hotels right downtown are close to $300/night, so we decided to look at hotels a little bit further away from downtown. The Hampton Inn St. Louis South I-55 was an excellent choice, and we loved spending the 2 nights here! It was about a 15-minute drive to and from downtown St. Louis, which made it a nice, quiet, peaceful location. It was also about $134/night--much cheaper than the downtown hotels. From the time we checked in until we checked out, everything was exceptional and we were treated like family by every staff member we encountered. Ashley at check-in was friendly, personable, and quick with our check-in. We had a standard 2-queen room on the 4th floor. The room was immaculate and comfortable, like they so often are at Hampton Inns. It was a very quiet room and we heard very little outside noise. Being on the top floor is always kind of nice because no one is above you, eliminating any footstep noises above. Also, at this hotel, the elevator only allows 4th floor guests on the 4th floor, by using your key card, so it really seems like the "quiet floor". We were very happy with our room, and we slept very well here. The beds and pillows were soft and comfortable. The TV was large and offered a nice variety of cable stations. We loved the nightly cookie reception here in the breakfast area. Linda did a great job as the "cookie hostess"! The breakfast both mornings was awesome. There was a great variety of hot and cold items, and the hot items were different both mornings--scrambled eggs and French toast sticks one morning, and cheese omelets and sausage links the next morning. I loved that they had cut up fresh fruit as a healthier option. The breakfast hostesses did a great job keeping the area clean and stocked. This hotel had a nice fitness room that I enjoyed using for a while one of the mornings. The indoor pool area looked clean and inviting, but we did not get a chance to use it on this visit. We felt that the pool hours of 8 AM to 10 PM were sort of inconvenient here--opened too late and closed too early for what would have been good times for us to go in the pool. We wish we could have used the pool, but that is not enough to lower our rating for this place! ALL staff was super friendly and caring. We were always engaged in conversation when walking by front desk and at breakfast. One of the mornings we ran out of tissues on our room, and when I went to the front desk to ask for more, the clerk could not have been friendlier! She asked where I was from, what brought me to St. Louis, and we discussed the football game from the night before! This hotel is blessed with exceptional staff at all levels! We were sad to leave on Monday morning! This was our best hotel on this vacation, and we would definitely return and recommend. More and more, I am starting to think that you can't go wrong with a Hampton Inn!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This is about our 4th or 5th time to stay here in 2 years. They are still keeping up the great work on customer service! Definitely the standard for ALL Hampton Inns to follow (I wish).

The room was very clean as usual! The cleaning staff was friendly, enjoyed talking to our kids and went the extra mile when we had brought our own blankets. I usually wad them up in the corner to keep them out of their way when cleaning. We came back to our room that evening to find the blankets folded nicely at the foot of each bed. It was a nice touch!

The breakfast is the typical like other hotels and usually is the weak link in the whole place. The waffles, oatmeal and biscuits/gravy are all awesome. I see they've improved the scrambled eggs which is great! The weak ones this visit were the cinnamon rolls and other flavored rolls and bread. They were on the stale side and lacking in flavor. Don't let that persuade you of not staying at the hotel though, all other amenities and service far out weigh this weakness for sure, I'm just picky.

We used the pool once and it was super nice and very clean. The water temperature was PERFECT, warmer than most pools but still refreshing. I can't stand cold pools cause the torture getting in is just not worth it to swim. The hot tub was a perfect temperature as well.

Overall one of he best hotels around, even at double the price IMO. I'm the type that money is no object when it comes to cleanliness and good staff. I've paid as much as $350-400/ night, nationwide, and you usually have to pay that to get this level of friendliness and cleanliness. I'll stay no where else in all of Saint Louis.

Hope I helped ya.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Hotel was really nice. That said, there were very few restaurant options for decent food. Ended up with a "healthy" fast food option, Crazy Wraps. I would have preferred a nice place. Location is marginal - not very convenient to St. Louis.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My son (10) and I stayed with another family last weekend for two nights. I have to say that this is one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed in. The breakfast was delicious, the rooms spotless, and the staff friendly. My son especially enjoyed the toys (balls) at the pool. I would highly recommend this place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Hampton Inn - St. Louis Downtown at the Gateway Arch
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis
#5 of 121 in Saint Louis

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55? Share your experiences!