“Pretty Nice Overall”

Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel can be hard to get to as you have to figure out that you have to drive through the shopping center parking lot to get there if coming from the west. We were there for several days, we had asked for adjoining rooms but were not able to get them. The front desk staff was friendly. Lobby was modern and halls were fine. We were at the back of the hotel but chose to park upfront as we didn't feel that the back area appeared very safe once it was dark. Room was nice, bed and pillows were comfortable. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. If you need a quiet room to sleep be careful of where your room is located and having these in the room, fridge tended to be a bit loud when it kicked on. Both rooms that we booked were close to the elevator, which was nice. There were some young girls staying there for a volleyball tournament which tended to be noisy in the halls. Sound travels through the halls, so you hear a lot. Bathroom sink was pretty slow when we got there and by the 4th night would barely drain. Reported the slow drain the first day but there was no response. Shower was nice, glad for a tall showerhead, however care is needed when first taking a shower as the floor was very slippery. Cleaning room staff were nice and helpful. But our room was in need of a good dusting. Did not like being right across from the ice machine, very noisy, would definitely ask to move next time. We had to leave a day early and were pleasantly surprised to have the hotel refund one nights stay, that was appreciated!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice makers, noisy - high traffic area and sound carries in the halls.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LAURIE D
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Laurie D,

I wanted to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We always look forward to this feedback to help us improve our service and our product. It's great to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful, and I'll be happy to pass that on to them. It's nice to be able to bring this feedback to them so they know that they're doing a great job! I'm so sorry for the issues to experienced from the noise from the ice maker to being unable to receive adjoining rooms at check in. We always want to exceed our guests expectations, and I apologize that we were unable to do that for you in every aspect of your stay. Thank you again for your feedback, and please feel free to contact me back if you have any further questions or comments!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were looking for an easy off I-55 stay after a long 11 hour drive up from FL back to WI & MN.
This hotel has a very modern style lobby, the rooms were a bit dated but clean and our Platinum upgrade suite was fairly quiet on the side away from I-55 (looked at the window at JCPenny store).
This suite did not have a mini-fridge but everything worked fine including TV & good wifi speeds.
Excellent comfy king size bed with large pillows. Did not take in the breakfast buffet, but did grab a couple drinks at the bar after checkin to wind down after a very long day on the road.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from I-55.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SE_MN_warmth_seekers
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

SE_MN_warmth_seekers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We always look forward to these reviews to help us improve our service and our product.

It's great to hear that the Front Desk staff was able to offer you an upgrade to a suite, and that the maintenance and housekeeping teams were able to provide a clean, problem free environment. We recently upgraded our beds and pillows, and we have been getting some great comments from our guests. Lastly, I'll be happy to forward all this over to my staff, so they can see that their hard efforts are paying off to help every guest enjoy every stay. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay even better, please contact me at the information below!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is in a good location and appears updated.......at first. I think they stopped renovations at the lobby / bar / restaurant. The rooms are still very dated and are not up to the standards I expect and have experienced at other Holiday Inn properties. Also, upon checking in, they mentioned the bar, which is unfortunately on display for the whole lobby to see, would be open until 11 pm. This was not true. I tried to use the bar at 9:45 pm and it was already closed. Very disappointing. I will most likely not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 110David
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

110David,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! We're always looking for ways to increase our service and our product, and this type of feedback is invaluable.

Unfortunately, yes, we have yet to receive our rooms renovation. We anticipate changes happening to the guest rooms withing another year or so, so please stay tuned! I'm so sorry about the bar time. After reviewing this, I will get with my restaurant team and determine why we closed early. I do apologize that we told you one thing and then did another!

Thank you again for your feedback, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other comments or concerns!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I mean, look, is this a five star hotel? No, it is not. But is it a safe, clean, comfortable Holiday Inn? Totally. It's clean, the lobby is very nice, and the bar is actually quite nice. Everyone was super friendly and the bed was comfortable. My room was on the first floor and it was actually surprisingly spacious, and even had a little microwave and fridge, which was GREAT. The water pressure in the bathroom was good, too. Is this your go-to for a romantic weekend or a great vacation? No. But if you need to crash at a Holiday Inn for the night for some reason in this particular area -- business trip, family function -- you will be completely happy and fine and well-rested here. Can't complain at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We're always looking to improve our service and our product at the hotel, and this feedback is invaluable.

It's encouraging to see that we met all of your expectations form your stay. I'll be happy to share your comments with my staff, so they can see we're doing the right things! I would ask, if there is anything that we could have done to exceed your expectations, please let me know. We're always looking to get better and any additional feedback would be helpful.

Thanks again for your comments, and please feel free to contact me back at the information provided below.

cberendzen@widewaterhotels.com

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

In town for hockey tournament. Staff was very nice, especially at front desk. Jessica also very helpful for group events and planning. Rooms ok, nothing over and above. Good showers. Beds were comfortable. Food was decent. Impressed with bar area and open lobby. Lots of room to spread out. Staff seemed pretty cool in tolerance for amount of kids in the hotel areas, which was nice.

Stayed: January 2014
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

TimK7700,

Thank you so much for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We always look forward to getting this feedback to help us improve our service and our product. It's great to hear all good things about our staff and how they helped your stay be a success. I'll be happy to pass them along to our team as well as Jessica in sales. We always want to be the best, so if there any anything that we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me back at the information provided below.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

After a long drive I wanted a budget hotel with a bar restaurant. The check in process was flawless. My room was bottom floor as requested. Room was clean, room smelled fresh, and bed was quite comfortable. Caution bathtub is extremely slick when wet. Bathtub could use a couple of nonskid strips. Restaurant for dinner was quite tasty and very reasonably priced. Real mashed potatoes and real home made potato chips. Beer was served in a chilled glass. It went down quite easy. Breakfast was a bit expensive at $11, but was all you could eat buffet style. The eggs and potatoes were fresh and tasted good. Hotel also has small business center with printer. I mention this because I did not bring my laptop and needed to print my work reports. It saved me a few dollars and the frustration of finding a Kinko's. Definitely will visit again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I think this place should have been demolished instead of spending all that money on a terrific renovation. It looks amazing when you enter the lobby, cool modern stylish. But soon as you get to your room the tranquility is over. From my front room I think I could hear every movement or use of any toilet in any of the rooms.......it was non stop..Staff is friendly rooms smell good and are clean but that's not much good if you can't sleep at night

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you so much for your recent Tripadvisor review. We're always looking for ways to improve our service and our product, and these reviews are crucial in helping us succeed at both!

Overall, it's great to hear that your room was clean and the service from our staff was friendly throughout your stay. However, I'm sorry that the room was not quite and thus prevented you from enjoying a good nights sleep! After all, that's one of the most basic requirements that we provide. Please if at any time during your stay that you encounter a situation that doesn't surpass your expectations, contact the front desk or the Manager on Duty and we'll do everything that we can to make it right by you.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have you back with us in the future! We are reviewing dates to proceed with further enhancements to the property to help bring our lobby tranquility over to our guest rooms. Best Wishes!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
#20 of 123 in Saint Louis
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Louis South I-55
14 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!