“Welcome experience”

Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while I was attending a conference. The hotel was nice but older which was ok. I would like to brag on the breakfast staff and the restaurant staff. They were friendly and happy to serve and you could tell they liked their job. They were smiling. Front desk not so much but everyone else made up for it. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TawneeS
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

TawneeS,

Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor. It's always great to hear such positive comments about our staff and its so nice to be able to share them with the team. I'll be sure to pass your review on to the restaurant team and we'll work with the Front Desk a bit. Overall, it's wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Holiday Inn South County Center and I hope to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We got our room on Booking.com two months early. Got there at 4 am and it took forever to find our reservation, which had already ran on our card. We had reserved a double Queen since there were 4 of us. Walked into our room and had a King, had to pay for a second King. Then even though we had 2 rooms we only got vouchers for 2 breakfasts.... Not a bad hotel, but we didn't get what we were promised.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy R
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Sandy R,

I wanted to write to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. This feedback helps us improve our service and our product. I'm so sorry for the issues you experienced at arrival and the vouchers for breakfast. I will work with my teams to correct the errors that you encountered. Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me back at the information below if you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

this is a fairly priced hotel. was nice and clean and location good for VA work. nice half price appetizers from 4-6pm! disappointed that ice machine didn't work but that was the only knock on the place. breakfast included was very nice and staff were very polite. it is a little hard to find. looks like it had a recent update and bathroom/shower was clean. so, great place to sleep while doing business.

Room Tip: low numbers are closer to the front
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn South County Center and had an overall good experience. It is convenient, with a selection of restaurants nearby, a decent swimming pool and relatively comfortable beds. I have two small comments regarding service. For the most part, it was great. However, I have two items of watch out - when I checked in I asked for a room a way from the highway because we had a small child with us and she's a light sleeper. Not only did they put us by the highway but also across from the ice machine. There was a wedding at the hotel that weekend so you can imagine the ice machine was grand central station all night. Not a good call by the front desk staff. The second thing is the restaurant. We paid for the "free breakfast" which was good an had many options. The first morning we had the female waitress and she was great. The second morning, we had a different waiter and he was terrible. He let us sit at our table for 25 minutes before asking what we wanted to drink or acknowledging us. He looked right at us and went about busing other tables while we waited. My husband almost lost his mind. It was a blip on the radar of our entire stay but still worth noting.

Room Tip: Request room away from the highway and specify not close to the ice machine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fishy100
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Fishy100,

Thank you so much for taking the time review us on TripAdvisor. This feedback is always very helpful for us to learn what we can do to improve our service and our product. Overall, it's great to hear that your stay went well and it was enjoyable. I'm sorry to hear that we did not meet your request for a room away from the highway and that the breakfast service on the second day of your stay. I will be sure to follow up on those concerns to help avoid similar issues with future guests. This feedback is always great to share with my team so they know that what they're doing well and where we need to work to improve a bit more. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other comments or concerns!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel can be hard to get to as you have to figure out that you have to drive through the shopping center parking lot to get there if coming from the west. We were there for several days, we had asked for adjoining rooms but were not able to get them. The front desk staff was friendly. Lobby was modern and halls were fine. We were at the back of the hotel but chose to park upfront as we didn't feel that the back area appeared very safe once it was dark. Room was nice, bed and pillows were comfortable. We had a fridge and microwave in our room. If you need a quiet room to sleep be careful of where your room is located and having these in the room, fridge tended to be a bit loud when it kicked on. Both rooms that we booked were close to the elevator, which was nice. There were some young girls staying there for a volleyball tournament which tended to be noisy in the halls. Sound travels through the halls, so you hear a lot. Bathroom sink was pretty slow when we got there and by the 4th night would barely drain. Reported the slow drain the first day but there was no response. Shower was nice, glad for a tall showerhead, however care is needed when first taking a shower as the floor was very slippery. Cleaning room staff were nice and helpful. But our room was in need of a good dusting. Did not like being right across from the ice machine, very noisy, would definitely ask to move next time. We had to leave a day early and were pleasantly surprised to have the hotel refund one nights stay, that was appreciated!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice makers, noisy - high traffic area and sound carries in the halls.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LAURIE D
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Laurie D,

I wanted to thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We always look forward to this feedback to help us improve our service and our product. It's great to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful, and I'll be happy to pass that on to them. It's nice to be able to bring this feedback to them so they know that they're doing a great job! I'm so sorry for the issues to experienced from the noise from the ice maker to being unable to receive adjoining rooms at check in. We always want to exceed our guests expectations, and I apologize that we were unable to do that for you in every aspect of your stay. Thank you again for your feedback, and please feel free to contact me back if you have any further questions or comments!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were looking for an easy off I-55 stay after a long 11 hour drive up from FL back to WI & MN.
This hotel has a very modern style lobby, the rooms were a bit dated but clean and our Platinum upgrade suite was fairly quiet on the side away from I-55 (looked at the window at JCPenny store).
This suite did not have a mini-fridge but everything worked fine including TV & good wifi speeds.
Excellent comfy king size bed with large pillows. Did not take in the breakfast buffet, but did grab a couple drinks at the bar after checkin to wind down after a very long day on the road.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from I-55.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SE_MN_warmth_seekers
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

SE_MN_warmth_seekers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We always look forward to these reviews to help us improve our service and our product.

It's great to hear that the Front Desk staff was able to offer you an upgrade to a suite, and that the maintenance and housekeeping teams were able to provide a clean, problem free environment. We recently upgraded our beds and pillows, and we have been getting some great comments from our guests. Lastly, I'll be happy to forward all this over to my staff, so they can see that their hard efforts are paying off to help every guest enjoy every stay. If there is anything that we could have done to make your stay even better, please contact me at the information below!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The hotel is in a good location and appears updated.......at first. I think they stopped renovations at the lobby / bar / restaurant. The rooms are still very dated and are not up to the standards I expect and have experienced at other Holiday Inn properties. Also, upon checking in, they mentioned the bar, which is unfortunately on display for the whole lobby to see, would be open until 11 pm. This was not true. I tried to use the bar at 9:45 pm and it was already closed. Very disappointing. I will most likely not stay at this property again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 110David
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

110David,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor! We're always looking for ways to increase our service and our product, and this type of feedback is invaluable.

Unfortunately, yes, we have yet to receive our rooms renovation. We anticipate changes happening to the guest rooms withing another year or so, so please stay tuned! I'm so sorry about the bar time. After reviewing this, I will get with my restaurant team and determine why we closed early. I do apologize that we told you one thing and then did another!

Thank you again for your feedback, and please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any other comments or concerns!

cberendzen@widewatershotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!