“Great Hotel”

Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and they were very welcoming! Our rooms were clean and fresh. We had conjoined rooms and they were nice. The pool and hot tub area was nice! We didn't go to the gym area but looked in and it was also nice. I was actually impressed with how nice it was.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Halle W,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn South County Center from your recent visit. It's great to hear that the various facilities in the hotel met your needs as well as the hotel was clean and comfortable for your visit. Its nice to be able to share this with my housekeeping team, as they work hard to ensure the rooms are clean and comfortable every day! Thanks again and we hope to have you back with us again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This place should be charging a few dollars less. The hotel looks like its definitely been around awhile, it really needs freshen up. The rooms looks just like the pics other reviewers have posted. Dirty or stained carpet walls poorly patched and painted and next to the A/C unit was so dirty. No vents in bathroom and you can hear everything. The pool is poorly maintained my son stepped in the hot tub and cut his foot on a jet or something on the sitting area also was very cloudy which tells me the chemicals are not right and almost no chlorine what so ever. Ice machine didn't work on our floor. And they sell popcorn and no micowave for guest use. Also noted a broken car window on the ground in the side parking lot, so park in front.
Now the pros: the staff was very friendly and nice especially the lady running the restaurant bar area she was wonderful. Has a good fitness area with plenty of options for a good workout! Just for that I would consider this place again.
It would be really nice if they updated this building and kept the same front end staff

Stayed: June 2014
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We're always looking to get better, and this feedback is important to us. I'm sorry to hear that the property was not quite up to your expectations, and we will certainly take action where possible to correct the issues that were present. Thank you for the kind comments also and I will be sure to share them with my evening bartender. I know that she will be thrilled to know that she made a great impact on your stay. Please feel free to contact me at the information below if would like to discuss your visit. We're always looking to be exceed our guests expectations, and I truly appreciate the feedback you have given us to help improve!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I always stay with Holiday Inn or HIE when I travel, as I can usually assume a certain level of quality. I'm pretty disappointed with this one. The facility is old and weathered. It is definitely in need of an upgrade. The halls are noisy, which is unusual for Holiday Inn. Most of all, they nickle-and-dime every little thing. At breakfast today we were only allowed to have water, or we could purchase juice if we wanted it. The food was cold, but displayed in chrome-plated trays. It's the same food as in a HIE (though fewer selections) but older, colder, and dressed up like you're getting a 5-star meal. What's the point of that? Won't be eating the breakfast. Putting milk in a fancy decanter that spills when you pour it (and has plastic wrap on top) is just dumb. I think this one is really hurting the HI brand. Not sure I'll stay at HI in the future. Had I known it was like this, I wouldn't have stayed here and I would have found another place.

Room Tip: Don't get here before 3:00...they won't have your room ready.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

SuperFlyTNT2011,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We always look forward to this feedback to help us improve our service and our product.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced while you were staying with us. The Holiday Inn brand of hotels does charge for breakfast, whereas the Holiday Inn Express Brand does not. Unfortunately, I cannot do much for the inclusion of breakfast, but I can address the quality and offerings available at our location. We are always looking for feedback and ways to improve, so I can assure you that our management team will review your comments and do what we can to improve.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope that you will look to our brand in the future if it fits your needs. Please feel free to contact me at the information below if there is anything that I can do to help make up for the issues you experienced!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I normally stay at Holiday inn or Hampton Inn when traveling. This particular hotel was just ok, but not up to the normal standard of Holiday Inn. The water pressure in my room was not good. I had planned on staying a second night, but decided not too. Breakfast was not included in the price of the room, but they did offer a hot, or a cold, buffet line. The entire staff was great. Bed was extremely comfy. All in all it wa a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Walklady,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We always look forward to this feedback to help us improve our service and our product.

I'm sorry to hear that our hotel did exceed your expectations. We're always looking to deliver an additional "Wow" factor to our guests and I apologize that we did not quite deliver. I appreciate the comprehensive overview of our property and it is great to hear that the staff performed highly and the bed allowed a comfortable night sleep! Please feel free to contact me back at the information provided below so we can investigate the water pressure problems you experienced in your guest room.

Overall, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to St. Louis. We would love the chance to have you with us again if you are traveling this way again!

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while I was attending a conference. The hotel was nice but older which was ok. I would like to brag on the breakfast staff and the restaurant staff. They were friendly and happy to serve and you could tell they liked their job. They were smiling. Front desk not so much but everyone else made up for it. Thank you for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TawneeS
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

TawneeS,

Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor. It's always great to hear such positive comments about our staff and its so nice to be able to share them with the team. I'll be sure to pass your review on to the restaurant team and we'll work with the Front Desk a bit. Overall, it's wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Holiday Inn South County Center and I hope to have you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We got our room on Booking.com two months early. Got there at 4 am and it took forever to find our reservation, which had already ran on our card. We had reserved a double Queen since there were 4 of us. Walked into our room and had a King, had to pay for a second King. Then even though we had 2 rooms we only got vouchers for 2 breakfasts.... Not a bad hotel, but we didn't get what we were promised.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy R
Cody B, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Sandy R,

I wanted to write to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. This feedback helps us improve our service and our product. I'm so sorry for the issues you experienced at arrival and the vouchers for breakfast. I will work with my teams to correct the errors that you encountered. Thank you again for your feedback and please feel free to contact me back at the information below if you wish to discuss further.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

this is a fairly priced hotel. was nice and clean and location good for VA work. nice half price appetizers from 4-6pm! disappointed that ice machine didn't work but that was the only knock on the place. breakfast included was very nice and staff were very polite. it is a little hard to find. looks like it had a recent update and bathroom/shower was clean. so, great place to sleep while doing business.

Room Tip: low numbers are closer to the front
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#1 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!