Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mehlville
Reviewed 24 October 2009

This hotel has plusses and minuses. Check in was quick and business like. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The room was clean, beds were comfortable. Bathroom was especially clean, nice fluffy towels and nice toiletries. Water in the shower tended to get hotter on its own at random times. Room did seem to have rather thin walls-could hear a lot of noise from other rooms-hairdryer, toilets, etc.
We went down to use the hot tub. Pool was nice and warm, good sized. The hot tub had no working jets-a lady who has a pool membership at the hotel said it was broken for weeks. We mentioned it to desk clerk-she said it had been broken for a couple of weeks but would let maintenence know.
We were in town for a funeral, and were gone from 830am till 330. When we returned to the room at 3:30, housekeeping was just now cleaning the room, what is up with that? Housekeeper was friendly though.
We had the breakfast buffet-it was tasty. Might stay again if they had a working hot tub.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 July 2009

My wife & I stayed here, making reservations on Priceline, and we were in town for a Cardinals' game. As previously mentioned, it's a good location, close to quite a bit of shopping and easily accessible from I-55. It's around a 20 minute drive to Busch Stadium, an easy drive mainly continuing on I-55.

The hotel has an indoor pool, a fitness center, a computer & printer available to guests in the lobby, and a restaurant/pub called Malone's, which I didn't have a chance to go to.

The front desk staff was friendly and the room was clean. The room featured Bath & Body Works toiletries, and extremely comfortable mattresses & beds. There was no fan in the bathroom, which is a nice feature but seems to be fairly rare in hotel room bathrooms.

In the morning, I did hear some maids and/or someone on the 2nd floor (We were on the 1st.), so I think some of the walls might be a little thin. You're just far enough off of Lindbergh Blvd. (and I-55) that you don't really hear any road noise, though.

Overall, a very nice stay, and somewhere my wife & I would definitely stay in again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2009

we have stayed here several times...great location for shopping mall acroos the street, shopping next door along with krispy cream. Right off Interstate 55 easy access and many attractions..friendly staff..rooms are pretty nice..Food and drinks...would stay again!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2009

I stayed at this hotel with a group for a wedding. When checking in the staff was friendly, but there were more focused on their personal conversations with each other.

Our room was very clean but dated; however, we heard from two others in our group that their rooms had an ant infestation! The bed was comfortable. I was very annoyed by the shower... poor design, no room to set anything more on the edges than the tiny hotel shampoo bottles. The walls were paper thin... we could clearly hear conversations in the next room and in other rooms while walking through the hall.

The onsite bar had extremely rude service. Also, many guests returned from the wedding to find the bar closed at 11:30pm, even though the bride and groom were told it would be open until 1am.

A few other things I noticed:

FREE WiFi... this was a great extra!

Vending machines.... there is only one on the first floor and it is not a short walk from the lobby.

Pool - looked nice but small. I didn't get a chance to use it.

Work out room - small but sufficient.

There were police outside the front of the hotel frequently enough for me to notice. I'm not sure if they simply providing security (the hotel had it's own security) or if they were responding to calls. I didn't notice any trouble, but found their constant presence odd.

All in all, we did not have a bad experience. The location is convenient to the Gateway Arch and the Anheuser Busch brewery... not super close but an easy drive.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fun_n_Sun78
Reviewed 23 February 2009

First, the bad news...
This property appears to be a little on the old side, and it would benefit greatly from an update (it currently reminds me of something from the late 1980s or early 1990s). The common spaces aren't quite as clean as they could be, as the halls and elevator needed some vaccuming.
Also, the hvac unit in the room is loud enough to disturb your sleep, so if you're a light sleeper, you'll want to turn the thing off or sleep with earplugs in.

Now the good news...
In spite of the well worn public spaces, the rooms are very clean and pleasantly decorated. It's not fancy, but it's comfortable and has everything you need to have a nice stay away from home.
The bed is an absolute dream (pun intended!)...soft, cushy and loaded with an assortment of plump pillows, you'll be assured a proper night's sleep (just turn the heat/air off!)
The high speed internet worked perfectly in our room-no problems connecting at all.
Check-in was fast and friendly, and the staff is very courteous.
Overall, a good choice-a nice value from a name you can trust.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2008

My sister and I stayed here in July for a sisters weekend. The hotel was clean, well maintained, and the service was excellent. We were really impressed with the cleanliness of the pool and hot tub. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Nice clean hotel next to shopping. Nice comfortable bed. We had dinner for our group and the food was very good.The staff was also nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mehlville
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark
Clayton Plaza Hotel
#3 of 5 in Clayton

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis - South County Center? Share your experiences!