The Harborside Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in New Shoreham
See available hotels
National Hotel(New Shoreham)
  • Beachfront
Island Manor Resort(New Shoreham)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Manisses(Block Island)
Ballard's(New Shoreham)
  • Beachfront
Spring House Hotel(New Shoreham)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
The Break(Narragansett)
  • Pool
Weekapaug Inn(Westerly)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My boyfriend and I headed to Block Island the last week of July. He had purchased the "Discover BI" Package and it worked out great! The hotel is literally right in front of the ferry dock, so we enjoyed watching the ferries come and go from our window. The room was small but perfect for two people. Bathroom was dark but clean. The air conditioner unit was a little loud but cooled the room completely and muffled any other hotel/street noise. We used our $100 meal voucher (part of package) for a dinner and then for breakfast, as we dined at the hotel's restaurant each morning. The porch was great to sit and relax after breakfast and late night. We were never too far from our hotel to run in quick and change/drop things off. All in all it was a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mjtierney
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The good - 100 yards from where you disembark from the ferry. Comfortable veranda where food and drink is served and you can enjoy the view of the harbor and people watching.
The rest - Noisy at night during the summer. The rooms are small and to describe them as rustic would be kind. Air conditioning is provided by large, standalone individual units. They are loud, but they worked well. Bathrooms are very small with showers only. Hot water was hit and miss; never cold, but not always hot. Cleanliness of the rooms was an issue. Used soap from previous guest left in the shower. The front desk was not accommodating. Mistakes made by them at check-in. In addition, our stay included heavy rain and when we asked if we could use the hotel laundry room dryer we were told no and basically tough "____" to our condition. We had a similar experience customer service experience with a waitress who could have cared less about the service she provided in the hotel restaurant. The restaurant manager however, was wonderful in response to the complaint. Food was good all around.
Finally, for those of you need access to the digital world come prepared. Outlets in the room don't hold plugs in place so charging your phone, tablet or laptop can be a challenge. There is no wi-fi. My Verizon 4g connection was excellent however. Be prepared for the impact on your account data usage.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the third floor. There is no elevator and the stairway is steep. I am in excellent condition and taking luggage up the stairs (no help available) was a challenge.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JKRafsky
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I went to Block Island for our anniversary and stayed at the Harborside Inn. We were looking for a place near the ferry since we had never been to Block Island.

I called our room the “Paris Room” since it was so small it reminded me of the hotel rooms in Paris. In other words, it was a very small room. We did not have issues with the size of the room and thought the Inn was charming that all of the floors and stairs were quite slanted considering the age of the Inn.

The air conditioner in our room sounded like a tank engine which we needed to use since we could not keep the window open without using the drawer from the nightstand to keep it open. The air conditioner did not come with any instructions, was not user friendly and the temperature was only in Celsius so we never knew what we were going to get until we were frozen solid or the room was too stuffy.

We loved sitting on the front porch at the end of the day watching the ferries coming in and out and people watching. Service from the wait staff for drinks was very slow, in fact on night we had to go find them in order to pay our bill.

We only ate breakfast at the Inn and we upgraded our continental breakfast that was part of our room price for a full breakfast. We were able to get $4 off each of our breakfast meals. I had a really delicious Greek omelet and my husband had a tasty burrito. The only thing we did not care for was the deep fried home fries.

Overall, this is a no frills hotel with small rooms, no wifi, but a decent breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CallalilyNewEngland
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We wanted a place to sleep and shower, not being the type to hang out in our hotel room. The room was damp even with a/c. The bath fan sounded like it going to fall out of the ceiling. I'm positive we woke the adjoining rooms at 6:30am with all that racket, and I'm sure it didn't pull the shower steam out. The place is shabby, not in a "cool" way either. It's an old wreck of a building held together with poor workmanship. The room was split into two spaces, one with a daybed and another with a full bed. The space with the full bed is so small that the bed frame cracked your shin at every turn. It came with a continental breakfast that turned out to be much less than any continental breakfast I've ever had...OR you could get $4 off their regular breakfast which was about four bucks over priced. The breakfast runs from 8am to 10am. Not the place if you want to get an early start, I also didn't care for the rap music that early in the morning. Overall management was lacking. This area of Block Island is very noisy from about 7am to 11pm. If you're thinking all of Block Island is peace and quiet you'd be wrong.

Room Tip: I have nothing to say, they all seem about the same.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SeppVonBayern
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I had a weekend getaway to Block Island, we didn't know much about it so we stayed at an Inn that had a walkable distant to the beaches. The lobby of the Harborside Inn was adequate and clean enough. The building is very old and has a little charm to it, yet the building has settled so much that the stairs are unbelievable lopsided that you really need to be on the left side going up. The room was not great. It was small and old and the updates -like air conditioning- were clunky and outlets and exhaust pipes running all through the room and out the door. In the end we were glad for it because we were on the main road right at the harbor which ended up being really loud, so with the window shut and the A/C on, we had a decent barrier to the sound. The bathroom was clean, but really small and just really not nice. Tiny dark shower stall. The sheets on the bed were rough and not incredibly comfortable. The continental breakfast was also pretty crummy, where you had to choose either a coffee or a juice for the beverage, you couldn't have both. Really? A small juice and a coffee can't be part of a tiny continental breakfast? Ok. Still, since I am not a huge breakfast eater a mini bagel, a small juice and a yogurt was fine. The fruit bowl was obviously from the bucket, not fresh. The service at the hotel was not great either, which is something we found was the case in a lot of places on the Island. For example when I asked if the hotel had WiFI (it did not) I was met with blank stares and the answer was, "We have it and I try to get on it all the time but I never can." When I asked another person they said, "There's Wifi at the library, if it's closed you can just sit outside the door. " The weather was excellent so we mostly stayed out of the room and hotel which worked out fine, still I would have loved a beautiful place to sit and read and relax while not on the beach. I would not go back to that hotel, but I would try perhaps Springhouse instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple