The Old Town Inn
Spring House Hotel(New Shoreham)
US$254
  • Restaurant
Hotel Manisses(Block Island)(Great Value!)
US$194
The Break(Narragansett)(Great Value!)
US$285
Travelocity
National Hotel(New Shoreham)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Island Manor Resort(New Shoreham)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
All reviewsoutdoor showerbike rideblock islandlucindamileyarddeckferryhostsbreeze
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I've been going to BI since I was young,worked there in college and still make the time to take a M-F escape to the island in July to catch up w/friends. The Old Town Inn is just my speed;family owned & operated,with comfortable rooms and truly delicious breakfasts cooked by Dave.
There's a spacious back yard with Adirondack chairs,out door decks and a fridge to keep the wine cold!
I like the fact that it's a bit out of town and away from the noise and hustle,but a quick drive or bike ride to the beach. I do bring a car over,but a bike would do the trick,too.

Personally, I love the fact that the rooms do not have TV's,as I don't watch TV and don't want to hear my neighbor's either.

Room Tip: Being a light sleeper,I request a room in the rear.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank bonvoyage50
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Loved it; Charming; The Inn is just outside of the main block island strip so it's peaceful and quiet; Inn Keepers, Lucinda and Dave, are thoughtful and caring; if you have a need they will address it; it's clean! and well decorated with beautiful linens. Breakfast is fantastic. This is the perfect place for those wanting to just get away, relax and rest. Very, very nice! ;)

3  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The Old Town Inn is by far the best place we have stayed on Block Island, and we have stayed at several, including the most famous, the Atlantic and the Spring House. The Old town Inn captures the essence of the island. Low key but exquisite, convenient yet off the beaten path. You can walk or bike to town and the beach, and still have solitude and privacy, away from the noisy hub-bub surrounding the other inns. Unless you decide to rent a cottage on the far side of the island, this is the best place by far to stay. By the way, the breakfasts are magnificent, the spread rivals the best hotels we have stayed. We've returned every year since we discovered it 5 years ago....and I wish we were there now.

Room Tip: You have a choice between the historic wing or the more contemporary wing. Both are great, it has do with which you prefer.
1  Thank mark b
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Great hospitality, perfect location, excellent breakfast. Everything is just right. Lucinda and Dave know how to run a wonderful Inn.

1  Thank traveller_123076
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Old Town Inn, Lucinda!! The Inn is spectacular in its charm, decor, breakfast dining (thank you, David) and...more! Thank you for your superb hospitality.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family