“Disgusting Pool!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sir Matt Busby Sports Complex
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went for a swim last week with my wife and got to say been to far more better pools, when my wife got in the shallow end something was stuck to her feet when she took it off she found it was chewing gum. when you get out and go for a shower you actually smell dirty like bad sweat, Not anything for the kids to do as its quite a small pool. If I had kids id travel to time capsule or the water palace much CLEANER!!!!

2  Thank Mark c

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I phoned centre ahead to make sure they would be able to accomodate me. Lady on reception was lovely and put my anxieties to ease. On arrival I was expected, the pool has ladder access so if you have any mobility issues at all then you need to use the chair hoist.

the changing rooms are unisex and massive now, a far cry from when it was just the bellshill baths and you had to hand in your belongings in a orange box. There appear to be plenty of changing rooms and lockers with a few larger cubicles for baby changing and disabled. There is however, a large disabled wet room at the bottom near the pool which we didnt find out about til we were leaving. The room has its own shower, with chair and as an added treat you dont need to keep pressing a button for the shower - once its on its on. Also a good point would be to mention there is a locker in this room which is handy.

I avoided matt busby for a long time because i knew i would have to use hoist, however, the staff were lovely. By the time i was changed the hoist was set up and ready for me. I was very scared but the staff did all they could to put me at ease - once i was in the pool i was fine. The lifeguard clocked my husband and i heading back towards the hoist and immediately got it ready for me whilst another lifeguard made sure the kids moved out the road.

Overall, my experience at this centre was extremely positive and i look forward to going back again soon.

1  Thank Lynn D
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Been a member here for 5 years now, great range of group classes available if like me the gym can bore you. Staff are extremely helpful. My only criticism is the car park, it needs to be a lot bigger to accommodate the amount of people who use the centre itself and the football pitches.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Both me and my boyfriend have memberships to use the gym, and we chose to use this gym rather than my local one in shotts, as I don't like it. Going to Matt Busby was a great decision, the gym is so much better, we were given a very informative induction and both got booked in to get programme cards! The equipment is fantastic, and it's quite a big gym too.

1  Thank jenmuir21
Reviewed 8 May 2013

took my wee boy swimming here the other day and the baby pool was so warm and nice the big pool was lovely. the cubicles were so clean was lovely coming back this weekend again,

2  Thank McFarlane1