“Relaxing place”

ALTA Cebu Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cordova
“Relaxing place”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

It was far more than what I expected! The place was a relaxing one for the holidays. My wife and I were there for a weekend getaway and had a great time with the friendly staff. We were in a relaxation mood that we don't mind waiting for a few minutes of our food since it we understood it was cooked from scratch. When you are on a holiday, you don't have to rush for everything. Just enjoy your moment together. That's what we experienced from Alta!

Room Tip: Choose the second floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My stay with my family at alta cebu resort was memorable one.
actually it was an early gift from my dad to my family.
the resort has mell tended gardens coupled with friendly staff.
my sister and i were never bored to our stay, we did wallclimbing,basketball hoop shooting
and of course the a were favorite videoke.
the food at the freday's denner buffet was superb.
kudos to all the staff and see you soon.................

Room Tip: ''Rooms on the the south side are quieter''
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We spent our Christmas at Alta and our family had a great bonding together. We were so amused by the friendliness of the staff who were there to help us out whenever we needed assistance. The food at the Christmas eve dinner was great with my favorite lechon. and various desserts which I can't resist. See you soon Alta and thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles G
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here the first week of December and was pleasantly surprised at the level of service I received. The rooms and grounds were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I travel a lot and can't remember ever encountering a hotel staff that always said yes to everything I requested. They never said the usual 'sorry sir'. They always somehow made it happen. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lloydzzz
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I went back to this Hotel, I wasn't as impressed as last time,
The people are still friendly, and the pool is still a nice area the food is good.
I stayed for 6 nights then I was going to Boracay for 16 nights and I was coming back.
So I asked the girl that seemed to run the place if she could give me a good deal,
what day will you be back? so I told her the 28th I will want a better room.
so when I got back the hotel was booked out, the never reserved a room for me,
I was put up in another hotel for the night, and I will be writing a bad review of that hotel.
they said 1 night, rang me the next day 1 more night,
I only had 1 more left,
then I got back had to leave the next morning, paid my bill, and when I got home I got a message on facebook from 1 of the girls that they forgot to charge me 1900 pesos.
I had money left I sent 2000 pesos, It never arrived.
they don't have music every 2nd night, like before, only on occasions when there is a conference. or whatever, well I don't think I will go back.

Room Tip: book your room online, have confirmation, maybe pay the bar and restaurant bill every day.and check...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank aussiescorpion
CebuLarry, Owner at ALTA Cebu Resort, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
I am Larry, Alta’s owner.

The gust arrived unannounced with no booking. When we told him that we had no room for the first two nights, but were willing to pay for alternative, he said it was OK.

I spoke to Michel on many occasions during both his stays and felt we had become good friends. He wrote a very complimentary review his last stay.

He told me several times on both trips that we are perhaps the best resort in the Philippines.

After we agreed to pay for the most expensive nearby resort (more than double Alta’s Rates), he changed his mind and shortened his stay, causing us a loss.

Based on the exaggeration by the media, many people wrongly assumed that the entire Philippines was a disaster area. Most of the damage was in a very small area far north of us. We sustained no damage

During the earthquake and typhoon, there were many cancellations. We had more than 80% cancellations during our peak season. With the fewer bookings and much lower room prices + the 25% we pay the booking company for many guests, this is not a good month for most resorts. Given the losses we were up against, we felt we were very generous with this guest.

Even if though he did owed us the 1900, and even if it was his mistake to send it by mail (notorious for money theft) so that it never arrived, we did not ask for him to pay us what he owed us by credit card. Instead we took an additional loss on this booking. By his comments, I hope he is not inferring that we are dishonest.

All hotels have large turnover, so honest mistakes do happen everywhere.

We feel his review is a little unreasonable, especially since he seemed like a very happy guy during his entire stay-treating myself and all our staff like family.

Our apologies for any inadvertent mistakes or mis-communications.
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Apart from, this is located at a very far area in Cordova (next town to Lapulapu City, Cebu), the staff needs hundreds of training and re-training, especially the frontdesk. When we came, frontdesk just seemed blank and already confused on what to do once there are two to three guests coming to register, pay, etc. And us, for her might be just ordinary filipinos, she turned to the two foreign guests when we were there first asking if what room was our group checked-in (for a stay-in seminar).

Next, staff at the restaurant, the waiters just put the glasses on the racks AT THE FLOOR. Worse? When we came for our snacks of (disgusting) sandwhich, ANTS crawled like a colony and the staff just did nothing about it! Worst? We've seen cockroach running around that gazebo for breakfast.

Avoid this hotel, poor crampy rooms with aircon smell so disgusting. Distance, there are many at Lapulapu City if you want pool. Their pool is crowded (or perhaps only when we were there) or whatever, as long as its a distasteful hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Fritzie D
CebuLarry, Owner at ALTA Cebu Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Sorry this woman had a bad experience. But most guests say the opposite.

I am the American owner. My wife and I live and work full time at the resort. Guests say they can see that the resort is better managed than most, because personally devote a lot of our time to making sure things are as they should be.

For the past few years, Alta Cebu was awarded the badge of excellence.
We are the closest resort to Cebu City.

Gm’s from other hotels, industry professionals and cruise line captains tell us our staff is some of the best they have ever seen.it is the most often head compliment we receive from the vast majority of guests as well.

When a staff is newly hired, they may not be perfect in execution, but this is true at any hotel.
The rooms are neither small, nor smelly. Most guests say our room conditions are one of our best assets. Most of the AC are top of the line split AC induction units- the most expensive on the market.

We have 2 pools. The new pool is rarely used and almost never crowded.

We apologize if this guest felt we let her down in any way.
Lapu Lapu, Philippines
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Visited Alta for a day & overnight stay last Nov. 1 since it was a holiday.
The place was near & very easy to locate, so no hassle. At the gate, we were greeted by a smiling security officer, & was given the right directions into the resort.

Since we came in early, we could not check in yet, but we were allowed to use the facilities first while our room was being prepared. Took advantage of their GC which was worth the pay. Though it took a long time (almost 40 minutes) before I got confirmation that we are okay, I was not bored with the wait as I was given internet access right at the front desk by a smiling & accommodating Cindy. Though the resort does not have a beach, the pool was okay, with almost no one swimming so it was quiet. Had fun shooting some hoops behind the pool, & was even able to lift some weights at their open air fitness center, that area needs some arranging & proper positioning of machines though. I don't know if the other staff were shy, but only the gate security, cindy at front desk, Jessica at the restaurant, & 1 housekeeping staff greeted us.
Lunch was okay, though the chef or maybe the waitress miss out on our choice for the sinigang, but the lunch was okay though.

Room was surprising, very clean & the room color was light, perfect for us!

The pool depth indicator could be more obvious so that kids & other guests will be well aware,
& suggestion that there should be 1 lifeguard on duty. It pays to have 1 for safety of guests, as the other side of the pool is very deep, about 6ft.

Overall had a quiet & relaxing stay. Enjoyed counting the airplanes which passed & flew above us.

There is also a wall climb area where those who have the thing for heights could enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rene Joseph B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Be Resorts - Mactan
#12 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to ALTA Cebu Resort? Share your experiences!