“Very peaceful and relaxing resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of ALTA Cebu Resort

ALTA Cebu Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cordova
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very peaceful and relaxing resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed there for 21 days and it went by too quickly, the resort is nice and quiet very peaceful and the staff very friendly and always happy to assist and help with service as well as any questions I had, I will definitely be back there again in the future. A nice place with locals going about there everyday activities on your doorstep.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I came to alta to relax for a couple days to do some writing after a long trip. I was looking for a quiet place with a comfy bed and good wifi.
The good: I arrived really early, 730am, and my room was ready at 930am even though check in time is 2pm. They also found me a place to shower right away as well. The staff are really nice. The pool is good. The bed is comfy. The rooms are decent.
Not so good, not so bad: I emailed the resort beforehand specifically asking for a room with good wifi because I need to keep in touch with the office. But they gave me a room where the wifi didnt work. Though they did fix it after about 5 hours and moved me to a better room on my second night. My room on the first night shared a wall with a conference room. I woke up to them preparing the room at 730am. It was noisy all morning while I was trying to get some rest. I was not pleased but again, they did give me a better room the second night.

Things to know: it is on the flight path to mactan airport, and it can be a bit loud but it didnt bother me much. I wouldnt stay here if you wanna go to the beach. It isnt close by and you'll have to pay to get into another resort to use the beach. There isnt much to do during the day either. But if you want a quiet place to do nothing more than relax, provided you arent next to the conference rooms, it's a great place.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Matt F
CebuLarry, Owner at ALTA Cebu Resort, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We thank this guest for his many kind comments about our staff and our resort.

We do offer beach shuttle to all the beaches, so there is actually more choice- some of the beaches cost .50 cents for all day . Also, Cebu is not known for it’s picturesque beaches, even 5 star resorts have postage stamp-sized beaches with levy to maintain the sand from drifting out to sea

I believe that we have more possibilities of things to do than than any other resort, except perhaps one or two of the 5 star resorts

For starters, with more than 5 acres of beautiful tropical jungle-like setting, Alta has been described as having “the best gardens in Cebu” by an industry professional. A short list of some of the activities available are: 2 large pools with pool sports, basketball, wall climb, ocean rafting from the dock at Alta bay, volleyball badminton darts, a small book library, 2 newspapers, magazines, a large gift shop , spa for massage, facial, pedicure etc, all types of board games, 500 movies of all types (free DVVD library) with DVD player in every room, a poolside bar, restaurant with international dishes, small zoo.

This gust requested a big room. Only one room is next to the conference room. It is our biggest room.

Very few guests say they are bothered by planes, as we are miles from the airport. There are several flight paths to Mactan airport, meaning that other resorts also are on the flight paths.

Thanks again for takin the time to write about us.
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The staff is very efficient :) from the reservation to the room service, I give them a double thumbs up. They were very accommodating (we had so many requests... thanks, guys!) and nice. Everyone was smiling.

The rooms are spacious and clean. The comfort room is big. I love the huge mirror. The water pressure is quite inconsistent though. Water coming from the sink faucet and the toilet flush lack pressure. You'll need 3-4 rounds of flushing when you do #2. Hehehe ü

You gotta love the bed too! We just slept on our first day. The bed is big enough for four people to sleep in, considering we're not so thin and we still fitted comfortably in it.

Food is also ok. Try their fish and chips. It was a hit for us :) They also allow you to pick and mix fruits for your shakes.

The hotel is near plantation bay and shangri la but is a bit far fron the city. We suggest that you hire a van if you are traveling as a group. Rates are around Php 1,500- Php2,500. The hotel has shuttle service but it'll just drop you off at the city.

All in all, our experience here is pleasant. We've formed a certain attachment to the bed :) if you are looking for peace and quiet, and you hate crowds, this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Jenipuy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

It was far more than what I expected! The place was a relaxing one for the holidays. My wife and I were there for a weekend getaway and had a great time with the friendly staff. We were in a relaxation mood that we don't mind waiting for a few minutes of our food since it we understood it was cooked from scratch. When you are on a holiday, you don't have to rush for everything. Just enjoy your moment together. That's what we experienced from Alta!

Room Tip: Choose the second floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

My stay with my family at alta cebu resort was memorable one.
actually it was an early gift from my dad to my family.
the resort has mell tended gardens coupled with friendly staff.
my sister and i were never bored to our stay, we did wallclimbing,basketball hoop shooting
and of course the a were favorite videoke.
the food at the freday's denner buffet was superb.
kudos to all the staff and see you soon.................

Room Tip: ''Rooms on the the south side are quieter''
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We spent our Christmas at Alta and our family had a great bonding together. We were so amused by the friendliness of the staff who were there to help us out whenever we needed assistance. The food at the Christmas eve dinner was great with my favorite lechon. and various desserts which I can't resist. See you soon Alta and thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles G
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here the first week of December and was pleasantly surprised at the level of service I received. The rooms and grounds were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. I travel a lot and can't remember ever encountering a hotel staff that always said yes to everything I requested. They never said the usual 'sorry sir'. They always somehow made it happen. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lloydzzz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Costabella Tropical Beach Hotel
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to ALTA Cebu Resort? Share your experiences!