Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels
US$82
  • Restaurant
US$95
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel ECU - Different Hotels(Genk)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$93
US$80
Oase Genk(Genk)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdesign hotelrain showercar parkbathroom areagusto restaurantnice bathroommood lightingbusiness triphalf open bathroomstayed here for one nightvery nice staycouple of yearsi'd recommendfifth floorfree upgraderail stationbeautiful room
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Hotel's rooms design are really perfect. Cleaning is five star. Location is the best for genk. Just at the opposite side of the road there is a train station. Delheize market is behind the hotel. And what i suprised most is the restaurant at the entrance has a michilen star. Wow!

• Stayed: May 2013
DifferentHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor!

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Carbon Experience and we hope to see you again in the future.

With Different Regards,

The Carbon Hotel team

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great modern hotel, great rooms, ac outlets handly, great spa and restaurante. Three things that surprise me though: no tissues in the room. When complain the solution was: "use toilet paper". In a 4* hotel? Mmmm. Second, great spa and bath tub, but no bath robe. Mmmm. Third, great lighting even a movement sensor in the bathroom. But when you exit the hotel all energy is out, so computer, camara, IPad, IPhone etc. did not charge.
Also did not like the floor in the rooms. Neither carpet or any other plain surface. Like an automotive plastic material that felt strange when bare foot.
Otherwise I enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed at the Carbon Hotel for one night.

The Carbon Style room was very spacious and the layout was unique compared to other (business) hotels I have stayed at. The dark colors combined with the ambient lightning were very nice. A high-quality flat screen TV and Bose sound dock were nice extras. The airco/heating system was difficult to control and as a result it was really hot in the room in the evening. The thermostat was set to 18 but didn't seem to work properly.

I stayed for business so the nice desk area combined with free and excellent Wi-Fi was definitely a plus.

The only downside of the stay was my breakfast. Buffet choice was limited and the quality was not really up to par. Also during breakfast I got the impression the staff was not too well organized ... and as a result things got kind of hectic and noisy.

The hotel is located just across the railway station and right around the corner of the shopping district. Public parking is available beneath the hotel but be aware it is expensive. I paid 12 EUR for the night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
DifferentHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Only with this feedback, we can improve our products and services.

We hope to see you again in Genk in one of our hotels.

The Different Hotels-team

Reviewed 1 February 2014

This was a great hotel. I loved the decor, it was VERY clean and the rooms were bright. Plenty of good towels too.
The downside was the price of breakfast. 35 Euros is way over the top. The price was not mentioned until I was checking out, or I would not have eaten it.
The taxi driver said I should have walked along to Hotel Ecu (which is very close) and had their breakfast for 15 Euros, which is better too! We live & learn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
DifferentHotels, General Manager at Carbon Hotel - Different Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon in Carbon or ECU Hotel.

Have a Different day!

The Different Hotels - team

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Probably, Carbon is the best hotel to stay at when you're in Genk. I had a warm welcome (although my door key didn't seem to work - no apologies for me having to hurry downstairs again - I admit I was in a rush). The rooms are well decorated, but as often, in so-called Design Hotels the wear and tear doesn't come as charming.
However, I had a good night sleep and except for a strange smell in the hallway, some leftovers left alone from a room service and the background music in the hallway resounding in my room it was a perfect night.
The price for the room (around € 100 (which is discounted because I booked really late) ) was totally acceptable.
The breakfast wasn't, considering the price (€ 19). Practically everything was pre-packed, soulless and can be found in any hotel offering a breakfast buffet. The coffee was frankly terrible.

If you're in Genk, you probably should sleep here. It's a nice place and conveniently located. However, have breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business