“Good location, great breakfast”

Van der Valk Brussels Airport
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Riga, Latvia
“Good location, great breakfast”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two nights during my business trip. The hotel was located in an industrial business area very close to the Brussels International Airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms are very cozy and clean. The breakfast was great - buffet type. I recommend this hotel for a short layover or fir a business trip stay. Brussels is around 20 km from Diegem.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lionel P, Manager at Van der Valk Brussels Airport, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear Elena,

Thank you very much for your feedback which is very important to us.
Great that you've enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.

We're looking forward welcoming you again in brussels and if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Have a wonderfull day,

Joris Toye
j.toye@brussels.valk.com
+32/474 174 227

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Praha
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here only for one night before flying back from the business trip. This was my second stay here and I have to say that there was nothing special to complain about. The rooms are clean, the bathroom is quite basic but the door to the glass shower does not work. There is an aircondition system inside the room, unfortunatelly one can slightly smell a cigarette smoke likely from some other rooms. The shuttle works perfectly and one can get to the airport in ten minutes. There are complimentary basic drinks in the fridge which is nice welcome after busy day.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear,

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor.
Your feedback is important to our company in order to improve our service on a daily basis.
We're a non-smoking Hotel, so you shouldn't have had any sigarette smoke smell unless somebody mis-understood our policy in this matter.
Sorry for the inconvenience in any case, we will see how we can improve the non-smoking signage in the rooms.

I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again @ Van der Valk Hotel brussels Airport, and please feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance,

have a nice day,

Joris Toye
j.toye@brussels.valk.com
+32/474 174 227
Bergen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Worst experience ever. Nice new room in former office buidling but it seemed that staff was instructed not to inform guests that water was cold. I received a free upgrade during a next stay. Never in a million years! Very bad location. Over priced restaurant. Company's bad image in NL was exported abroad.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lionel P, General Manager at Van der Valk Brussels Airport, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Edwin,

Thank you very much for your valuable comment on tripadvisor.

We have indeed encountered a technical problem with our warm water supply for which we want to apologize. A pity to hear that our reception desk was unable to find a suitable solution.

We have investigated the issue and have taken measurements to avoid this in the future.

Although we only get 1 chance to make a first impression, we would love to welcome you again and show off the level of service we're standing for.
Please contact me so I can arrange something special during your next stay,

With best regards

Joris Toye (j.toye@brussels.valk.com)
Colorado
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This was an overnight stay on my way home from Africa to the US. They were very accommodating and I thought the 'superior room' was very large and the bed was excellent. It has that typical European 'minimalist' look, which I find inviting actually. I had problems with some luggage that Brussels airline lost temporarily, which had my iPhone cable and charger. The front desk staff rummaged through a huge box of cables until they found one for me to use. Too bad that other folks have had some challenges, but my experience was good!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SMT56
Lionel P, Sales Coördinator at Van der Valk Brussels Airport, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel.

It is with great pleasure that I have passed on your positive comments to our team. I hope that everything turned out ok concerning your lost luggage and that you were able to continue your trip home.

Paris, France
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Level of service is really low given the hotel rates.
I asked for a room service and the food arrive cold.
The room services prices were prohibitive given the food size and quality.

I asked to stay one more night in the morning, they said there was room for me but they called me back in the afternoon while in a business meeting to inform me that there was no room eventually for me to add an extra night.

They told me it was not an option for me to stay while the same morning they tild me exactly the opposite.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your feedback concerning your stay.

I am sorry to hear that not everything went as it should be during your stay with us. It is of course not acceptable that your room service order arrived cold. please be assured that I have passed on this remark to our F&B team and they will undertake the necessary actions to avoid this in the future.

Concerning the confusing situation about your room, I am sorry that we could not accomodate you for the extra night.

I would like to apologise for the issues you faced in our hotel as they are not a reflection of our 4* standards.

I do hope welcoming you back in the future in our property! Should you have any further remarks, please feel free to contact me on l.paret@brussels.valk.com.

New York
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I quite often flight from Brussels airport and that is not easy to find a good hotel around. In addition the prices vary from 1 to 5 depending on the day, vacation, week end... Not a lot of respect for the frequent travelers.

The reception, bar and restaurant areas of the Van der Valk are nice, attractive and clean. The reception staff is diligent and smiling, even if they don't know very well the facilities of the rooms (I got a room with a bath only after three tentative), the airport shuttle seems well organized even during the rush hours.

But the rooms are on the cheap side. Carpets were not clean. Bath had some spots. The "new" building with upgraded rooms had a strong unpleasant odor. The TV has only 2 French channels. Also visibly only a few rooms have a bath and are more expensive.

Not the worst hotel in the Brussels airport area, but just an average property in terms of quality/price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Kerkrade, Limburg, Netherlands
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Lovely hotel we booked a sleep park fly arrangement as we had an early flight from Zaventem airport, room very nice, we ate in the resturant the evening before, we have stayed in VAn de valk hotels all over holland, and always found the resturant very reasonable, the food here was very over priced would not eat there again, and as the resturant was empty I don't think many people do, had a wake up call and arrived in the lobby to be told that the shuttle bus to the airport only started at six o'clock in the morning ( it was 4 o'clock) and that we would have to take a taxi, I asked about a voucher and we were told we would have to pay for ourselves about 15 euros, we were supplied with coffee while we waited, the taxi cost us 25 euros as it was in the middle of the night, on arriving home we had a 5 hour delay once again the shuttle bus was not runnning ( stops at 23.00) had to take another taxi 17 euros. All in all was an expensive stay, all the other hotels we have stayed in and around airports have always supplied taxi vouchers if there shuttle buses are not running so it was a very disapoiinting stay we would not use them again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Lionel P, Sales Coördinator at Van der Valk Brussels Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Carol & Jan,

Thank you for the review you wrote on Tripadvisor and your honest feedback.
I am sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your stay with us due to the transport to/from the airport and your flight that was delayed. During weekdays, our shuttle operates from 6am-11pm to/from the airport, in the weekend it starts at 5am. At the moment, if guests need transportation outside these hours, a taxi is indeed the best alternative. We are currently investigating the options to offer an all in one price for guests that need transportation outside the shuttle time table. Therefore, I would like to thank you for pointing out this issue as it enables us to find constructive solutions. I do hope you will give us another chance so that we can welcome you back again in our hotel!

Lionel Paret
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
Novotel Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport
#2 of 12 in Diegem
Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels Airport
Parker Hotel Brussels Airport
Park Inn by Radisson Brussels Airport

Been to Van der Valk Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!