Holiday Inn Brussels Airport
NH Brussels Airport(Diegem)(Great Value!)
US$100
Agoda.com
US$136
US$125
1,001 results
All reviewsbrussels airportindoor poolbusiness tripfree wifimeeting roombusiness hotelbar restaurantdeskinnsofficesaunacomputerstrainflightnatofitnessbelgium
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed here on an overnight because of proximity to the airport and what other reviewers say is true ... big rooms, funky decor, very efficient, good bus transfer to/from airport, usual HI breakfast fare. WiFi for me was free because of priorityclub but there are a few gotchas !

1. I arrived very late at night with no shuttle and it was a €18 taxi from airport terminus to hotel. Ouch !

2. My package didn't include breakfast so that was an extra twenty-something Euro ... another ouch !

3. My booking was quite late, just a couple of days before travel and it was expensive ... yet another, but not unexpected, ouch.

So a nice place for a business transfer, but you'll pay for it

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Dear HI---fan---Dub,

We are very thankful to receive feedback especially from a valued guest like you. I am delighted to read your review regarding our hotel features and amenities. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to provide rates that are competitive in the area.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

If you re doing sightseeing in Brussels or looking for a place to base your Belgian vacation, this is not the place to stay. However, it is a wonderful choice for those making a stop in Brussels during their travels.

The hotel has several amenities to help the tired traveler wind down. The rooms are spacious and modern, with large desks and espresso machines. The bathrooms are also large. However, housekeeping could use some improvement.

Due the location, there aren't many dining options so Charlie's Bar at the hotel is the best bet. They have an excellent beer selection and a limited, but good menu.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I will certainly stay there again if traveling from Brussels airport.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed at this property twice in the last 3 weeks as it was convenient to the airport to pick- up/drop-off our parents who were visiting. I thought I would wait until after we stayed the second time just to be fair in my assessment of the place. My overall assessment of the property and staff itself is good, the rooms are clean and modern, although our TV did not work and my parents had a coffee maker that was not functioning, the manager took this off our bill which was nice.

I noticed the focus here is on the business traveler and this I am not used to when it comes to a Holiday Inn property, granted they have the pool and spa, but again it is set up in such a manner that is limited when it comes to the family, lack of chairs poolside, tables, etc. I also noticed aircrew's stay here on layover due to its proximity to the Brussels airport, and I get that, believe me I understand business. For my family it was not the place and I will look for something else if I ever get to Brussels for a vacation holiday.

I have managed to calm down a bit since I visited which has helped to influence my balanced review of this hotel, and I also want to mention I am a priority club member. What totally put me off the place was the eating establishment; we have been in this restaurant twice now and both times with the same result. I am a seasoned traveller with who has a high tolerance level, I have lived in Europe now for 3 years and this is the worst eating establishment I have ever been in from a service perspective, the food was palatable but the service stunk, let’s just say I blew a gasket in a restaurant for the first time in as long as I can remember. It started with stressed out waiters and went on from there, the limited menu was another beef of mine, and nothing on the menu was kid friendly (we had our 4 year old son with us). Not only that out of the 5 main course selections they were out of the lamb that my parents wanted!!! I noticed both times we ate here there were banquets taking place in the meeting rooms, and this seems to be there focus here, not the people eating in the restaurant itself but the functions going on in the meeting rooms, so let’s ignore the folks paying cash in the dining room!
It did not end there, the food starting coming out my Father requested to not have fries with his meal as he has a sodium and cholesterol problem, what comes on his plate. French Fries, no problem, I chalk this one up to language problems. My wife gets here Lasagna, and sis able to stick here finger in the middle of it, ice cold. Ok she eats around the edges. We sit another 10 minutes and I still have not gotten my dinner so by this time all of the chatter at our table is focused on my wife’s meal and how cold it is, I start to lose it, it just so happens the food and beverage manager is working the floor tonight, I hail the waiter over because they do their best to ignore everyone once they have been served and I lose it on the guy and tell him that everyone at the table has been eating for almost 15 minutes and I have not gotten my meal yet, also my wife’s lasagna is ice cold! I am vibrating by this time and people are looking over at our table, I told him that if my order had not been placed to simply cancel it as I have lost my appetite, but no they take some else’s order and run it out to me and I know this because I ordered my burger without chees and guess what, it came with cheese.
So we consume our meal all the while the wait staff are giving our table a wide berth, so we sat for 20 minutes after we had all eaten and waited or someone to come and take our dessert order apparently they were done with us for the night because no one ever came back to our table. We got up to leave and the waiter ran up and said would you like the bill, I told him I guess we were not being offered dessert so yes I will sign the bill, so I look at it and it is over 150 Euros, and all the while I am thinking they have got to be kidding. I promptly went down to the front desk and spoke with the night manager, and asked when the GM would be in the next day. Long story short, I spoke to the GM in the morning and he reduced the food bill by 50% and gave me 1000 Priority points for our troubles. I told him the focus of this property was the business traveler pure and simple, he could only agree with me. Bottom line is, the facility is nice just not family oriented, and I suggest you eat somewhere else, hey the airport is close with many food options and the parking is much cheaper!
I won't be coming back!

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors away from the noise of the lobby bar!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Boomer62
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear Boomer62,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 June 2012

The last day in a 2 weeks stay in this Hotel.
The room, is big, clean and maintained well. The breakfast is really good – huge variety of food and coffee. I have used the gym almost on a daily basis (Nothing else to do at the area during the evening), and I would appreciate if the A.C, was set to little bit cooler (After 5 min of run – you start fill it). Swimming pool – too short – if you are really planning to swim – forget it, but nice if you want to relax after working in the Gym / coming back from the office.
I had a problem with my coffee machine in the room, but the issue was solved immediately after I call by Mr, Rezki (Food and Beverage – manager).
Since the hotel is located far from the center of the city, I wish they had more information / City maps – they could share with visitors – explaining them how to go to the city, which train can they take and other useful information . But you can manage find it by yourself using the Internet.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Yuval G
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Clean, Nice rooms. Close to the airport, shuttle which picks you up at the front door. Train station to the city 8 min walking distance away. Very Friendly personal.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level, parking is along the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeBayern
Boelen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback after your last stay at the Holiday Inn Brussels Airport!!

We are pleased to hear that our staff has been of service and that you have enjoyed your stay in our facilities. We truly hope to welcome you once again in the near future.

Should you need any assistance, feel free to contact me.

Charles Boelen