“Good value for money”

Holiday Inn Brussels Airport
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed 29 November 2013

It is quite a nice airport hotel, was renovated a couple of years ago, nicely furnished. Very comfortable bed and if your room is not facing the airport it is quite silent.
Breakfast is great choice, very good quality.
Heating is not the best, when I entered the room it was very very cold and even when I turned the heating on it took quite a time to warm up the room, but the bathroom never really warmed up. So take your warm pyjamas or you will freeze in the winter.
There is a grab&go offer in the lobby so if you are in a rush or just do not have time to sit in the restaurant you can buy some sandwiches, salad, desserts and various drinks. There is quite a nice restaurant in the hotel, but quite busy all the time.
There is a free shuttle to and from the airport which is very useful.
Check out takes quite a time so you'd better do it before breakfast to avoid the crowd.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the airport, it is much more silent
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Boelen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest

We thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us,
We will improve our Check Out process and you can now receive directly by email your final invoice.
We hope to serve you again in the near future. and feel free to contact us for any inquiries.
I remain at your disposal.

Charles Boelen

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The public spaces are fine and the room was comfortable enough. However, not having hot water for a shower in the morning in a hotel charging EUR 150 a night is not on. A colleague on another floor was also affected - it was not just my room.
The breakfast was expensive and the service in the restaurant poor.
All in all, not a good experience.
On the plus side... having a Wii in the lounge next to the bar was good fun!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mrsskoj, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Der Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with other travelers.

Indeed, the last few weeks we have been experiencing some difficulties with our water heating. The issue relies in the fact that one of our pumps had exploded and it took our Maintenance team some days to have it replaced. This being said, I would truly like apologize for the inconvenience caused. As part of the Intercontinental Group we feel committed to ensure that each guest that walks through our doors receives an excellent service and due to this issue we have not been able to meet that commitment.

I am pleased to hear nonetheless that you have enjoyed our entertainment area. You would be pleased to hear that as of yesterday we have 2 new games available.

I am terribly sorry that we could not discuss this in person. Nonetheless i remain at your disposal should you wish to confer about this issue further.
Best regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Compared to the Ibis on the same road, the rooms are really very large. I had some issues wit my internet but was resolved.
I was staying there for almost a week. The dinner menu is very limited and got bored with the food there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mrsskoj, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that the layout of our rooms has met your expectations. I regret to hear that our menu options have not been to your liking. Usually, it tends to please all palates, nonetheless your suggestions have been passed on to the Head Chef who will make sure to follow up.

Should you have any other suggestions feel free to contact me, I remain at your disposal.

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and hope to serve you again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2013

There really was a nasty stink evident in the room when I arrived. And the loud hum wasn't as bad as the one experienced by the American chap over the hall - he said 'the elevator was in my room last night!'

The gym is reasonably equipped and the pool / sauna looked ok, but didn't use.

Staff - especially the restaurant staff were very helpful but little they could do about room as they were fully booked.

I was astounded to be tourist-taxed EUR 6 every time I had a meal. So breakfast was EUR 23 + EUR 6 a go!

Room Tip: Don't pick 705 - it's near the lift!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is thanks to guests such as yourself that our service can evolve and improve on a daily basis.

It surprises me to hear that this has been your experience in our Property, since we normally fulfill and usually exceed the expectations of our guests. Nonetheless I regret not being able to discuss these issues with you in person, and for this I apologize.

Please feel free to contact me at a time of your convenience in order to investigate this matter further.

I remain at your disposal.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed here Monday through Wednesday as part of a course. Here's the lowdown:

Reception - wait, wait and wait some more. The staff are polite and charming, but over worked.
Bar - 1 bar staff, again working hard and doing their best, but run off their feet.
Breakfast - quite mixed up offering everything and nothing to the traveller. All the food was poor quality.
Lunch - same theme throughout the week - a fish, meat and vegetarian option that was uninspired
DInner - just like lunch

the meeting rooms - were rather good.

The bedrooms - freezing cold, with windows that fail to close. The room is minimal to say the least. Tea and coffee machine was the highlight. At least the TV is not locked so you can play your own media to it.

Room Tip: None of them
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mrsskoj, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I regret to hear that we have not been able to meet the level of service you expect, and on behalf of the entire team I would like to sincerely apologize. The situation that you have experienced at reception and resturant, is a result of changes in the current work force, something that neither you or any other client visiting us should perceive (I completely agree) but that unfortunately has transcended nonetheless. Rest assured that as we speak measures are being taken in order to avoid this type of issue in the future.

It is such a pity that we could not address these matters personally with you. Nonetheless we wish to thank you , once again, for taking the time of sharing your feedback with us. It is through this type of comments that our service/ facilities can be improved.

Please feel free to contact me at a time of your convenience should you wish to discuss this matter further.

Best regards,

Holiday Inn Brussels Airport

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have chosen this hotel in order to avoid the higher prices in the centre of Brussels. The hotel is a 10 minutes walk away from the Diegem train station. From this station there are regular local trains going to the centre of Brussels. The hotel is clean and the rooms are rather large. However, the rooms would benefit from some renovation (the Lobby has already been nicely renovated). If you stay in this hotel, please be aware that there are no restaurants or supermarkets nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were in Brussels for a very short duration ( 2n/3d ) and stayed at Holiday Inn Brussels airport hotel. Would like to give my reviews on the service. Hotel is situated around 15 minutes drive from airport with regular shuttle service. Quite surroundings with greenery around. Rooms are spacious and food excellent. We could hire a cab right from outside the hotel. Staff were polite and helpful. Overall good hotel and good service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends