“Good location and new look”

Holiday Inn Brussels Airport
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The renovation of the hotel and the new concept is a good thing which gives the hotel a new swing.

I stayed there one night and this was very comfortable. Rooms are good, with a good layout. Pillows to choose. Breakfast is good.

Good experience after the last few stays,

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a nice hotel close to the airport. The stay was comfortable.

Was also close to the work place. The airport staff was nice. Breakfast was very average.

Only challenge was getting a taxi which used to take almost 15-25 minutes everyday (not in hotels control).

The negative : The internet was pathetic, it was horrible.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mrsskoj, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with other travelers.
We have taken note of your comment and indeed, we have realized that our internet server could no longer cope with the amount of users. Reason why our management decided to update the system during the past month. Should you wish to visit us for a second time you will be able to notice that this service has improved considerably.
I really apologize for the inconveniences that this may have caused. Feel free to contact me should you wish to discuss this matter further (carmen.santana@hibrusselsairport.com) I remain at your disposal.

Regards,
Guest Servcies Manager
Holiday Inn Brussels Airport.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed on a sunday evening, since I had an early meeting in Diegem. I was anxious to find out about the SKOJ experience, since it's primarily a business hotel (SKOJ stands for Surprising, Kreative, Original, Joyfull). Well I didn't get dissapointed.

First impression when you enter the building is that the hotel has been renovated.
The hotel lobby looks nice, modern and trendy. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, checkin very smooth. Recognition of IHG member a bonus.

I had an issue with the window in my room and the receptionist changed the room without any problem. Quick and very appreciated solution. (maybe only possible on a quiet day)

I loved the room setup. Spacious room, with the office desk behind the bed, the comfortable lounge chair and the TV facing bed and office desk. Bed was nice too, with the usual pillow selection. The airco/heating in my room worked perfectly which was also a bonus.

They also have a SPA area, which is very welcoming after a busy day. It has a large swimmingpool, whirlpool, sauna, steambath,... just everything you need to relax.
Being the only person in there, made it even more relaxing.

I didn't try out the restaurant but had a drink at the bar. Usual choice of beverages and friendly staff. The breakfast offers a nice selection of food and beverages.

A very nice hotel with good value for money, especially with the price you pay during weekends. The only negative point I could think of is the location. It's situated in the business park of Diegem, with almost nothing in proximity. The hotel does offer a bus service from/to Brussels Airport which is a nice extra.

Nevertheless I really enjoyed my SKOJ stay and had an excellent night sleep. I will probably return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Mrsskoj, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback!!
We are please to know that our facilities have met your expectations.
Feel free to contact me should you need any assitance for your next trip to Brussels.
Regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I've stayed here many times and know what to expect. It's a very busy hotel and I understand why they keep the restaurant menu simple. My steak and frites was perfectly adequate and the service was efficient. The breakfast was standard Holiday Inn fare, including the usual hot items. To my taste, the bacon was too streaky and there was too much meat in the sausages! But there was plenty of choice as alternative.

As a Platinum snob, I had expected the staff to move swiftly across to the Priority check in point; but they didn't. Not the end of the world - but if you can't provide the offered service, don't offer the service.

The room was very nice and the bed comfortable. There were a couple of gripes - one of them fairly serious. The room was cold - and this when the outside air temperature was around 9 degrees C. HI have put electric oil filled 2KW heaters into the room which barely gets the temperature up to around 20 degrees C. This isn't enough to keep your feet warm if you're sitting at the nice office desk assembly.

The other gripe was the usual one about plumbing. The bat water ran beautifully hot; the wash basin mixer tap could barely manage tepid water. Don't they check this stuff ever?

The WiFi signal was strong and the speed good (unlike the HI Brighouse who only gave you a derisory 256Kbps on the free service).

But I knew what to expect and when I go back there in January 2014, I'll kick up a fuss if it's freezing in the room! I don't have to stay there - Brussels has a beautiful Crowne Plaza hotel - but it's convenient to stay at the HI Brussels Airport for proximity to the office.

Room Tip: Keep away from a room near the lift shaft. It is noisy.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Hotel and sharing your feedback.

We normally pride ourselves on being able to exceed the expectations of our clients, and after reading your review I can't help but notice that in some areas we have not achieved this purpose. For this I am terribly sorry. Indeed we have discovered some issues with the heating system in one of our floors. These specific rooms will be blocked out of service in order to renovate the system.
Nonetheless i would like to discuss with you the matter, so please feel free to contact me at a time of your convenience.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is probably the nicest Holiday Inn I ever stayed in and to be honest, I am not a Holiday inn fan. With some scepticism, I parked my rental car on the spacious parking lot and walked in the lobby : all very nice, refreshing, white and modern. Check in was smooth and we checked into room 523 : what a great room ! Renovated, cool design, big desk behind the bed, large flatscreen television on the wall and free internet. Also the bathroom was nice. I was always irritated by these big soap bottles in the shower which were shampoo and body wash, though here you found "real" shampoo and soaps.

Only minus point is the noise which the airconditioner/heater makes. Very loud and irritating. So we switched it off, though it became really cold during the night.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a renovated design room. Might be that all rooms are like that. 5th floor rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Boelen, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your feedback with us,
As you already mentioned, all the rooms at the Holiday Inn Brussels Airport are renovated.
We hope to serve you again in the near future. and feel free to contact us for any inquiries.

Regards

Charles Boelen

Reviewed 29 November 2013

It is quite a nice airport hotel, was renovated a couple of years ago, nicely furnished. Very comfortable bed and if your room is not facing the airport it is quite silent.
Breakfast is great choice, very good quality.
Heating is not the best, when I entered the room it was very very cold and even when I turned the heating on it took quite a time to warm up the room, but the bathroom never really warmed up. So take your warm pyjamas or you will freeze in the winter.
There is a grab&go offer in the lobby so if you are in a rush or just do not have time to sit in the restaurant you can buy some sandwiches, salad, desserts and various drinks. There is quite a nice restaurant in the hotel, but quite busy all the time.
There is a free shuttle to and from the airport which is very useful.
Check out takes quite a time so you'd better do it before breakfast to avoid the crowd.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the airport, it is much more silent
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

We thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us,
We will improve our Check Out process and you can now receive directly by email your final invoice.

Charles Boelen

Reviewed 28 November 2013

The public spaces are fine and the room was comfortable enough. However, not having hot water for a shower in the morning in a hotel charging EUR 150 a night is not on. A colleague on another floor was also affected - it was not just my room.
The breakfast was expensive and the service in the restaurant poor.
All in all, not a good experience.
On the plus side... having a Wii in the lounge next to the bar was good fun!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Mrsskoj, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Der Guest,

Indeed, the last few weeks we have been experiencing some difficulties with our water heating. The issue relies in the fact that one of our pumps had exploded and it took our Maintenance team some days to have it replaced. This being said, I would truly like apologize for the inconvenience caused. As part of the Intercontinental Group we feel committed to ensure that each guest that walks through our doors receives an excellent service and due to this issue we have not been able to meet that commitment.

I am pleased to hear nonetheless that you have enjoyed our entertainment area. You would be pleased to hear that as of yesterday we have 2 new games available.

I am terribly sorry that we could not discuss this in person. Nonetheless i remain at your disposal should you wish to confer about this issue further.
Best regards,