“Bug Improvement”

Ibis Brussels Airport
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Being the second time on this IBIS, i saw some improvements since my last stay. The restaurant now was open, and on my previous stay i needed to go to another hotel nearby to have dinner. Male receptionist very helpful and very good professional.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
NilsPicqueur, deputy manager at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear mister Angelo Costa Rosa,

On behalf of the hotel team, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel again as your accommodation choice during your recent visit.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your positiv feedback is of great value to us.

Your kind words have been passed on to our team and in particular the receptionist who made your stay a memorable one. This will certainly motivate them an will keep up the good work.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Deputy Manager.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here for one night; it is ok, near to airport and hotel provides free shuttle.

Pros: Proximity to airport, free shuttle service at reasonably good frequency. Cost optimum, Breakfast spread and taste was good.

Cons: When I reached at around 2:00 PM; the restaurant was closed; this was quite a suprise and forced me to look somewhere outside. Flushing mechanism in toilet needs some maintenance as I had to press very hard and several times to get things going. The bathroom was congested and bath area was badly cramped.

Overall experience was OK, not so great to talk about.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
NilsPicqueur, DEPUTY MANAGER at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Mandarkelkar,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and your positiv comments.

May I politely inform you that the opening hours of our restaurant are mentioned on our website and that we offer a varieted snackmenu 24/24 and 7/7 when the restaurant is closed.

We hope that the experience will not alter your confidence in our hotel and that we may welcome you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We were welcomed at the hotel by a male receptionist, very professional and friendly. The hotel is clean, well located for guests coming by car. The price is OK, not cheap and not expensive.

The only negative remark is an Arabic looking middle aged male bartender which was working in the bar right behind the reception. This man should NEVER be working in that hotel. He is rude, unprofessional and his services were completeley the opposite from the services received by the young Arabic looking male receptionist.
Our arrival date was 22 March 2014 at 21:00 hs approx.

I really hope they would speak or test the services of that unpolite man.

1  Thank FrankdeVries
NilsPicqueur, Deputy Manager at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear sir De Vries,

I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the quality of our service

On behalf of the hotel team, once again we wish to thank you for your continuous support and hope that the unpleasant incident will not in any way prevent you from availing yourself of our services in the future.

However, we were very pleased to read that you appreciated the very professional and friendly welcome of our receptionist. I will pass on your kind words to him and share your comments with the rest of the team.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Restaurant of the hotel: poor organization: After having been waiting 10minutes that somebody takes my order, one guy brought me bred, I told him "I'm ready to order", and he told me "I don't take orders, it's my colleague" and he showed me his colleague, 20m away, editing the bills for about 5 customers!! In addition, very limited choice, if you wish to eat healthy it is almost not possible.

Otherwise, the Hotel is... Ibis, so very good Quality/Price Ratio.

Room Tip: No room Close to the Elevator (109-209-309 etc.) !!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
NilsPicqueur, deputy manager at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear mister Bertrand K,

Your invaluable comments are very important to us as they allow us to maintain the high standards of quality and service.

I have taken swift action to ensure this does not happen again.

May I politely inform you that our restaurant menu has a "green corner" where you can find healthy balanced meals, such as salads and we have also vegetarian dishes.

Many thanks again for your reaction and we hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

The main reason to choose this hotel is its proximity to the Brussels airport. Unfortunately, although I stayed there only one night, I have to admit it wasn’t pleasant experience do to several factors:
- flushing mechanism in the toilet almost did not work (I had to press it several times until it finally was engaged)
- upon my arrival the temperature in the room was rather low and it took several hours until it raised to acceptable level that actually happened only in the middle of the night
- rolls served for breakfast had the consistency of chewing gum and the scramble eggs lost their taste somewhere between kitchen and dining room

Dear mister Tomasz Kozakowski,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Brussels Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I'm staying here right now and the Internet is really bad. I was told it was because it was the evening and many people were using it at the same time but I expect better. Otherwise the hotel is a great budget choice if you need to be close to the airport with a shuttle.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
NilsPicqueur, deputy manager at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear MKL W,

Many thanks for your reaction on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel nearby the Airport.

We regret that our Free Wifi did not meet your expactations. However, we were very pleased to read that your appreciated our type of Airporthotel and also the free shuttle service that we offer to all our clients.

We hope to see you again soon,

kind regards

Reviewed 12 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NilsPicqueur, Deputy Manager at Ibis Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
0 mi away
Van der Valk Brussels Airport
3 mi away
Campanile Brussels Vilvoorde
Thon Hotel Brussels Airport

Been to Ibis Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!