“Unhelpful staff”

Ibis Budget Brussels Airport
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Diegem
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I booked a 2 night stay here and made a request for a high floor smoking room overlooking the main road. On arrival, I was given a ground floor non-smoking room on the opposite side of the hotel to which I'd requested.
I pointed out to the man on reception my request, he looked at my booking & said that he couldn't change my room as the hotel was full and that if I wasn't happy, I could have my money back.
He was rude and said that I was holding the rest of the queue with my query.
The following morning, I went to reception at 0800 to ask if they could change my room for that evening and was told once again that they couldn't change my room, without even bothering checking the computer for that night.
Sleep was hard to come by with lots of youngsters running amok most of the night, slamming doors & running up and down the corridors.
Another guest I spoke to had complained about this and was told by reception that it was up to the teachers to control the children.
Also, the shuttle bus to and from the airport does not run between 1000 & 1700 which is not much use if you need to travel during this time span.

Room Tip: Don't bother, they're not interested in your requests!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Youngie717
H5247GM, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your comments.
I'm very sorry for your inconvenience. I check with my reception for the answer when you ask for to change the room.
For the problem with the noise, I'm very sorry and I confirm we ask the responsible for you have a quiet night.
Bets regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I would consider a room with a hard bed, two small pillows and no closet a hostel. I booked this hotel only because the property I wanted was not available until the following day and it had an airport shuttle. When I arrived I proceeded to the platform for hotel shuttles, the bus arrived quickly and when I tried to board the driver told me his shift was complete and there would be no more shuttles that day. This was at 10am, he suggested I get a taxi for 25 euros. A driver from the Golden Tulip offered to take us because it was just next door to this hostel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trvlgfool

Thank you for your comments.
I'm surprise when you say you have slept in an hostel.
All the room have a private shower, a private toilet, a TV, Wifi Acess free,...
Best regards

Reviewed 30 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Basic hotel, good option for catching a morning flight if you're on a budget. Check-in was very efficient and the room was, as expected, clean but rudimentary. Bed was a little hard, but the shower was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
H5247GM, Directeur général at Ibis Budget Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Best Regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Due to an early 6:30 AM outbound flight I I took the Park, Sleep and Fly booking with a free airport shuttle service. The hotel staff informed me that the first shuttle bus leaves at 6 AM and that I will need a taxi offered by the hotel. It costed 25 EUR for a 5 minute drive!. On the way back same thing as the last shuttle back was at 10 PM with my flight landing at 9:50 PM.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Gregory_Lux

Thanks for your comments.
We try to find a solution for the shuttle.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Overall, this is a good hotel for the price that I spent. However, I faced some problems:
1 - The day of my arrival I haven't found the hotel bus waiting in the airport, I got a lot of trouble because of this and I took the public transport to arrive to the hotel.
2 - The hotel staff at the reception are divided, the Lebanese man was excellent and very cooperative and warm, the other wasn't so much.
3 - The Wifi is a disaster, very poor, wasn't able to contact my family with Skype, the wifi keeps disconnecting.
4 - The ventilation in the room is making noise, I demanded to the woman charged with room property to stop it, she put a towel to stop the noise which is a strange solution.
5 - When I open the TV it starts with a loud sound, so it was disturbing for the neighboring rooms.
6 - The contrast of temperature between the shower room and the room caused me to catch a cold when I made a shower.
7 - It would be very great if the hotel present a dinner like the excellent breakfast they are providing, I am ready to spent 20 Euros for a good dinner. The dinner in the restaurant of the facing hotel (Red IBIS) was very expensive and very poor, also think about muslims and Halal meat because I am Muslim. I found some Halal meals in the slot machine but it isn't enough, the hotel is far from restaurants so it would be great if you provide dinner.

Overall, these problems mustn't hide the fact that the hotel was very good and there is a little work to become an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the 5th floor because it is quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your comments.
You have all the time a receptionnist at your disposal. If you have any problems, you ask the reception and we try to find a solution.
Best regards.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Immaculate room with bathroom for £30! Was 10 mins walk from station-15 mins to Brussels and a bargain €2.25!
Parking €9 a day but location felt safe and secure. Staff helpful. Didn't have breakfast but perfect budget hotel. Cannot fault.

• Stayed: February 2014
H5247GM, Propriétaire at Ibis Budget Brussels Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Diegem
0 mi away
NH Brussels Airport
#2 of 12 in Diegem
pentahotel Brussels Airport
Parker Hotel Brussels Airport

Been to Ibis Budget Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!